Best Pat Benatar compilation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scooterpiety, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Pepper

Dr. Pepper What, me worry?

IMHO, just buy her first two albums stop there and you are golden! I'll always love "My Clone Sleeps Tonight," or whatever it's called... great track form her first CD that I doubt would make many greatest hits packages.

2. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Thought I'd add some notes on one other comp I found in my collection.

Heartbreaker - Sixteen Classic Performances
    [​IMG]

Not a great tracklisting, but for those who want single versions, it has the single edit of "Ooh Ooh Song" (runs 4:09 to 4:28 for the full song). Looks like all of the other comps use the full album version so if somebody really wanted the single version of that track, this would be the place to get it. It also has live versions of "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" and "Helter Skelter" that are marked "previously unreleased". I don't know if they appear elsewhere now or not. The comp is from 1996 and says it was mastered by Chris Athens. I'm only listening on my computer so I don't want to make any hard pronouncements about the sound. From what I can tell, it's listenable.

3. jackinbox

jackinbox Forum Resident

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I felt it was probably better to post this in context with the other great info in this one.

I currently own the All Fired Up (1994) and Greatest Hits (2005) comps. I'm trying to make sure I have the correct single versions and LP versions of the big hits.

Big thanks to MarilynsPickle for sorting out all of the different Pat Benatar comps. I took that info and arranged it song by song, to make it easier for me.

I just want to summarize here and make sure I have this straight........

"Heartbreaker"
    - The single version is the same mix/edit as the LP version. All comps that contain this song use this version.

"We Live For Love"
    - The single mix (an edit of LP mix #2) is on All Fired Up and Ultimate Collection.
    - The 1985 remix is available on Best Shots (UK version only) and The Very Best Of (International Release).
    -
    The original 1979 vinyl LP mix has never been released on CD. Subsequent pressings of the LP used the current mix.

"You Better Run"
    - The single mix is the same mix/edit as the LP version. All comps that contain this song use this version except for All Fired Up, which mistakenly uses a mono master made for promo DJ 45s.

"Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
    - The single mix is available only on Best Shots (UK only).

"Treat Me Right"
    - The single mix is available only on Greatest Hits (2005), although this is disputed. Some say that there is no separate single mix and that the single was simply an early fade of the LP mix. I've tried comparing the versions of both Greatest Hits (2005) and All Fired Up and they sound the same to me.

"Hell Is For Children"
    - The single mix is the same mix/edit as the LP version. All comps that contain this song use this version.

"Fire And Ice"
    - The single mix is the same mix/edit as the LP version. All comps that contain this song use this version.

"Promises In The Dark"
    - The single mix is the same mix/edit as the LP version. All comps that contain this song use this version except for Ultimate Collection which uses a promo DJ edit.

"Shadows Of The Night"
    - The single is an early fade of the LP mix. Available on Best Shots (UK only), All Fired Up, Greatest Hits (2005), and Ultimate Collection.
    - The full-length LP mix is available on Best Shots (US only), and Synchronistic Wanderings.

"Little Too Late"
    - The single is an edit from the LP mix. Available on All Fired Up, Greatest Hits (2005), and Ultimate Collection.
    -
    The full-length LP version is available on Synchronistic Wanderings.

"Love Is A Battlefield"
    - The single is an edit from the LP mix. Available on Best Shots (UK only), All Fired Up, Greatest Hits (2005), and Ultimate Collection.
    -
    The full-length LP version is available on Best Shots (US only) and Synchronistic Wanderings.

"We Belong"
    - The single mix is available on Best Shots (UK only), and All Fired Up.
    - All Fired Up would be the preferred mastering for the single mix as Best Shots has 2 seconds of noticeable tape drag.
    - The full-length LP version is available on Best Shots (US only), Synchronistic Wanderings, Greatest Hits (2005), and Ultimate Collection.

"Invincible"
    - The single is an edit from the LP mix. Available on Best Shots (UK only), All Fired Up, Greatest Hits, and Ultimate Collection.

"Sex As A Weapon"
    - The single mix is the same mix/edit as the LP version. All comps that contain this song use this version

If anyone sees any mistakes in the above, please let me know.

4. kiefer2

kiefer2 Eastern European knockoff Mr. Potato Head

There is also a 3:30 "Edited Version" of the "Ooh Ooh Song" (album version-4:06) that was released on foreign singles and a US promo 12" that doesn't appear on any cd . There is a 3:55 "US Edit" of "All Fired Up" on the UK cd single of that track that doesn't appear anywhere else as well.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    bluemooze likes this.
  5. kiefer2

kiefer2 Eastern European knockoff Mr. Potato Head

Is there any way to be sure which vinyl has the original version of "We Live For Love" on it? Discogs lists 3 seperate pressings of the album in 1979 and some have the same catalog #s. I'm gonna assume it's CHR 1236-perhaps our PB expert can help me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.