Best places to buy used cables...experiences?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by DaleClark, Dec 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident Thread Starter

I try to avoid eBay on things that may be easily counterfeit. I have heard of fake Kimber and AudioQuest cables on Ebay. I'm going to be doing some cable upgrades and think used may be the best option for most bang for the buck. Plus, many are probably broken in. People who purchase expensive cables are most likely to take care of them. Unless the cables were used for musician gigging, the cables are more than likely like new.

I see the cable company and usedcable.com have decent reviews. Plus, SHF and AG have classifieds. Any other options I may not know about?

2. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

usedcable.com

macster and Erik Tracy like this.
  3. Tom Littlefield

Tom Littlefield Forum Resident

Stick with The Cable Company and their sister company usedcable.com. I have used them many times and they have great customer service, fast turnaround and good pricing. They will even let you try the cables and return if they don't work out for you.

With private sales on this site and others the seller might not be so receptive to taking them back.

4. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

I've bought off of AG and usedcable.com before; all good experiences.

I lurk a lot and can get a sense over time when something comes up at a bargain price.

So, it does pay to keep up over time.

Another site is audio asylum - asylum trader classifieds.

5. jdsher

jdsher Forum Resident

1+for The Cable Company. They have great pricing, but more important to me they have great experience with matching cables to your specific system.
    Jon

6. Wasatch

Wasatch Music Lover!

Heard good things about The Cable Company.

7. cut-out

cut-out Forum Resident

8. Eaglesfan9

Eaglesfan9 Forum Resident

Check out Morrow. Since they take other manufacturers cables in trade they are always selling those other cables.
    Their own are pretty good also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.