Best Song on The Beatles’ ‘Revolver’? Poll

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by A Saucerful of Scarlets, Oct 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

This thread’s gonna go here, there and everywhere...

Jarleboy and mBen989 like this.
  2. dbone828

dbone828 Only Visiting This Planet

For me, it's a toss-up between "Here, There and Everywhere" and "She Said She Said."

3. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

The one whose first verse is "turn off your mind, relax and float downstream, it is not dying, it is not dying"

4. A Saucerful of Scarlets

A Saucerful of Scarlets Commenter Turned Viewer Thread Starter

I’ve never heard a song I can relate to so much in my life.

I’ve made my own playlist version of the album with those 2 on it as well and they don’t sound out of place at all.

Morton LaBongo and LeBon Bush like this.
  5. LeBon Bush

LeBon Bush Hound of Love

Throw in 'I'm So Tired' off the White Album as well and I'll come to dinner with my pyjama on, asking why I had to get up so early :winkgrin:

6. Hadean75

Hadean75 Forum Moonlighter

Yellow Submarine

mastaflatch and tages like this.
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

And Your Bird Can Sing, for me.

BPMC and Rickchick like this.
  8. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

My top 5
    Taxman
    Tomorrow Never Knows
    I´m Only Sleeping
    Eleanor Rigby
    She Said She Said

9. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I've said it in other threads, so I'll say it here.

Strange as it is, my favorite Beatles song period (not just on Revolver) is "I Want To Tell You." The guitar riff, the contrasting piano, and the more honest lyrics. This song clicks for me.

Jerry Garcia liked it too, so I guess I'm not totally wrong.

10. sadchel

sadchel Forum Resident

too hard

11. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

I voted Eleanor. In the past 50 years, my faves have been She Said, She Said; And Your Bird Can Sing; For No One; and Doctor Robert.

Eleanor has always resonated with me in terms of it's lyrics telling a compelling biographical story of a humble person who toils in relative anonymity. Like so many of us.

Eleanor also delivers first-rate production, arrangement, and orchestration.....

For No One's lyrics have been popping into my head recently, even though I haven't spun the album in awhile.

I am amazed Taxman hasn't gotten more love here in this poll, though.

12. Kassonica

Kassonica Forum Resident

TNK

it was an easy one :)

13. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

I went with Eleanor Rigby, but on any given day it could have been She said, Tomorrow never knows, Your bird can sing, Got To Get you into My life or Good day sunshine

14. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

I can't vote for one song because 3 tracks I enjoy equally the same...

TNK
    ER
    Love You Too

15. Rootbeerrail

Rootbeerrail Forum Resident

I remember my introduction to Revolver. It was the week that the CD issue came out in May 87, and I was finishing up finals at college that week. I had only been really familiar with the entries on the Red album up to that point, and had not yet acquired a CD player, so I listened and taped in on a roommate's stereo. I still remember being blown away by what I heard, and four tracks really caught my attention - Good Day Sunshine, And Your Bird Can Sing, Got to Get You Into My Life, and Tomorrow Never Knows, to a point that I used the latter three as filler on some of the cassettes to finish up the side of other albums being taped that week. I purchased Help! a couple days later, and though not nearly as impressed, was ever so pleased to hear the original I've Just Seen A Face. The other Beatles albums that had been released were filled up over the summer, and Sgt. Pepper was picked up day of release.

The album remains a favorite, though I won't seek out a couple of John and George songs on it. I'm a sucker for a loud, energetic brass section, though. and as such Got To Get You Into My Life gets the nod as my favorite, with only Good Morning Good Morning rivaling the brass on a Beatles record. The most impressive would be given to Tomorrow Never Knows, but that's not the question asked...

16. Loup

Loup Ancient Wool Unraveller

“That song makes you rethink what music is, it’s that profound”

BellaLuna, mastaflatch, VQR and 4 others like this.
  17. manco

manco Forum Resident

I do not think you can underestimate how important TNK is to the history of modern music.

18. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

She Said She Said

jparis51 and Gramps Tom like this.
  19. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly 1964-73 rock's best decade

My favorite album.

I voted for "For No One" because it is the most underrated great song in the Beatles entire output, but I really consider it a co-favorite with "Eleanor Rigby" and "Tomorrow Never Knows".

20. John54

John54 Senior Member

Tough call between I'm Only Sleeping and Eleanor Rigby, but I looked at the results thus far and persuaded myself to vote for the former. It's really really close.

21. Shaker Steve

Shaker Steve Beatles & Elvis Fan

Love You To. that's always been my favourite track on the album. looks like only one winner on this poll!

22. Mother

Mother Forum Resident

We've only done this about 562 times.

You're right it's currently "the best one". 20+ years ago it was Sgt Pepper.

Tomorrow Never Knows by several country miles.

Not a favorite Beatles album but can see why it's something of a game changer.

Many other Beatles, hell Lennon and McCartney releases I would put on before this album.

Hermes likes this.
  23. SquaRoots

SquaRoots The North Star Grassman

I'd say She Said She Said.

jparis51 and Aftermath like this.
  24. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Me too, but I ain't arguing with people voting Tomorrow never knows.......

25. Spazaru

Spazaru Angry Samoan

I never knew that! I can't imagine writing something with such a great melody and cool lyrics and thinking it was bad. It's one of my top 3 of his, along with "No Reply" and "Not A Second Time".

The Jam's cover of "And Your Bird Can Sing" is great as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.