Best Source for "Blue Cheer"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, May 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark

Mark I Am Gort, Hear Me Roar Staff Thread Starter

Hi, all: What is the best source for the Blue Cheer discs "Vincebus Eruptum" and "Outsideinside?" Thanks in advance.

2. shakti

shakti Senior Member

Are you talking about CD or vinyl? On vinyl your choice would be originals or Akarma, right? On CD, I think there were some 80s(?) Polygram issues, and then some more recent ones on Akarma in Digipak/Karmapack.
    I can't comment on the sound as I've only heard the Akarma CDs (not exactly hi-fi recordings to begin with...), but if packaging is important to you, Akarma would be the way to go. Outside Inside's gloriously trippy cover is reproduced rather nicely on the Karmapack.

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

How do you identify the original CDs? I actually picked one up today (Vincebus Eruptum) and it sounded groovey in the car.

4. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I think I read in the last issue of ICE that some label was putting these out on CD as a twofer. I don't have the magazine here to look at it up, but maybe someone else remembers seeing it also.

...........Magnolia Caboose Babyfinger

5. HeavyDistortion

HeavyDistortion Senior Member

I think that the "OutsideInside" CD on Repertoire is the best that I have heard for that title. You may also want to check out the Polygram compilation CD from 1990, entitled "Good Times Are So Hard To Find - The History Of Blue Cheer", which was remastered by Dennis Drake. This compilation sounds nice, and does contain many songs from the first 2 Blue Cheer LPs.

Ed Hurdle
    HeavyDistortion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.