Best Time Out vinyl release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Diorama, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

I forgot there was a 33rpm version from AP too - there was I thinking I would have to save my pennies for the AP 45...

Saying that, the 33rpm MOV is excellent, so perhaps I should stick with that one for the general listening and still get the AP 45 for times when I want to be blown away...

2. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

My vote is for an original 6-eye (or even 2-eye) stereo - they sound amazing. I have found several floating around my local shops (esp. Half Price Books) that are in excellent condition for under $20 in the past couple years, and one as recently as last week. My guess is that their pricers aren't all aware of the various pressings, and think it's a pretty common album, so they just price them accordingly to sell.

Plus; it has been my experience that most older Columbia pressings can have a few more scuffs that on other labels would be audible/irritating, but don't get picked up by the stylus - so even it it doesn't look flawless, there's a chance it will play that way.

McLover likes this.
  3. n.phelge

n.phelge Forum Resident

I picked up a Columbia 2fer of Time Out + Gone with the Wind at HPB for 40 cents. The deadwax on the LPs look to match those of individual early 70's pressings, and they sound really good on my setup. I would not have likely taken a chance on this given that the jacket makes it look like a budget issue, but I'm very happy with it.

4. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Forum Resident

Have you compared them, or just assuming based on them both being cut by BG? I ask only because I recall people having heard both AP and Classic claim they are different masterings by BG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.