Best Vinyl Record Store in Paris (France)?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by zeitlos, Jun 3, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeitlos

zeitlos Music was my first love Thread Starter

Next week I‘ll be staying in Paris for a couple of days. I wonder which Record Store is worth visiting there.
    Can anyone recommend one? A good friend of mine is a big fan of 50s/60s Rockabilly, Rock‘n‘roll, Country.

Any ideas where I could get him some nice records as a gift? I suppose Paris should have something to offer (okay, I hope ;))

Tanks a lot!

2. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Paris is a great 'record store town,' there are dozens of excellent record shops. The French LOVE vintage American roots music, especially jazz, soul and R&B/blues, so there are lots of good stuff to be found.

There is a district filled with antique and junque shops, and within the area is a 2-level shopping mall with numerous record dealers.

If you want la crème de la crème, this store is a MUST:

Le Silence de la Rue
    39 Rue Faidherbe
    75011 Paris

I was BLOWN AWAY by the amount of ultra-rare and esoteric jazz, soul, lounge and library music LPs that were stuffed into that little shop. The prices are not cheap, but they have cool stuff you didn't even know existed, and lots of it. There are also lots of rare Japanese pressings - the owner told me that he has a contact in Tokyo that gets stuff for him.

3. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

The prices in 1978 when I was there were outrageous.

4. zeitlos

zeitlos Music was my first love Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies! I managed to go there and buy some Japanese Jazz records :)

forthlin likes this.
  5. GimiSomeTruth

GimiSomeTruth Forum Resident

6. Tubedude

Tubedude Active Member

If you are looking for Japanese pressings of jazz try:
    Listen! 43 rue de la Folie Mericourt 75011 Paris
    Heartbeat 26 rue Godefroy Cavaignac, 75011 Paris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.