"Better Call Saul" - pre season and Season One Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

Makes sense to me. Better to be concise and interesting than straining to fill time.

GMfan87' likes this.
  2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Breaking Bad did 13 episodes in its middle seasons... didn't seem to be a problem.

3. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

What about the Fly episode?

Jimmy B. and mmars982 like this.
  4. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

How did he do? He seems to be someone who would do really well on there.

5. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

I liked the Fly episode as a break from the main plot.

Mark E. Moon likes this.
  6. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

He was in the lead going to final jeopardy but missed the final jeopardy question. You can tell he's a pretty smart guy.

7. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Walter White Will Return to Albuquerque on Better Call Saul

Better Call Saul takes place in the Breaking Bad universe, but so far, only a few major characters have made the jump to the prequel*. But a return of Walter White is far from impossible, according to the shows' creator. In an interview with the New York Daily News, showrunner Vince Gilligan said he wants it to happen.

"It would be a shame if the show had its run—hopefully a very long run—and he never appeared," Gilligan said. Though he confirmed it wouldn't happen during the second season, he refused to elaborate. "I have to be coy," he said, adding that he hopes Cranston would stop by to direct episodes as well.

Since Better Call Saul is set six years before Breaking Bad begins, the whole "death" thing wouldn't apply for Cranston's character, or anyone else who kicked the bucket during Heisenberg's reign of terror. Gilligan said past characters will show up "when it is most organic and fitting to the storytelling" and when the scheduling works out.

Tying Walter White back into the storyline would be difficult, since he and Saul only meet during season two of Breaking Bad. But perhaps once Saul upgrades his beat-up car, he'll get it washed at the car wash where Walter has a second job, or he'll have a client working at Walter's high school.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a35817/walter-white-bryan-cranston-better-call-saul/

Vinyl Addict and EVOLVIST like this.
  8. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

Dang, I'm jonesin' for some new episodes... [insert crying smiley that I can't find]

Vinyl Addict and Gems-A-Bems like this.
  9. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Any news on when season two starts?

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  10. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

AMC's official word is "early 2016"

11. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I may have to rewatch season 1 to make it til then - plus by then I will have forgotten half of it.

500Homeruns likes this.
  12. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

I don't think Walt necessarily died at the end of BB, it's insinuated strongly, but since it is possible that he survives to do time. Jesse is last seen driving off and that's fairly open ended, so a slim thread of possibility would exist to write them out of whatever current fictional corner/scenario they exist in now for a later 'adventure'.

alexpop likes this.
  13. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Watching the first season( blu ray).
    So glad it got made. Only seen a couple of episodes so far. Great to see Mike & Tuco. Can't compare this too BB ( yet).Of course though if BB is my ultimate top tv series template ( along with Lost) BCS has got a tall order to compete. Best viewed as as a BB companion series, hard to get your head around watching this prequel, but I've got big grin on my face non the less, nice Xmas treat.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
    Lord Summerisle likes this.
  14. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

It's a great show. The surprise of the year TV wise for me.

MartinR and alexpop like this.
  15. alexpop

Didn't Walter White get pumped with bullets? Assuming he was wearing a bullett prove vest. Hate it when amazing series ends ( ditto Mad Men).
    The endless possiblities etc..

16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

It's definitely in the very top tier of TV production. What's even better is that we don't have that much longer to wait for season 2 to start - Monday, February 15, 2016.

17. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

No, more like a single ricochet. He didn't look very good at the end, though.

18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

And let's not forget the cancer; no man with his condition would have made it into the final scenes imo, let alone afterwards with a bullet.

19. alexpop

Yeah! Ironically he was getting better,but

20. alexpop

Well, finished the first season and it's good, was expecting something better.
    I give Breaking Bad a 10/10 rating, BCS 7/10. Hope the second season has more chapters and a stronger storyline.
    Prequel character development now established. Time for Better Call Saul.

21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I'd rate BCS every bit as good as BB so far, if not better when it comes to character development.

22. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

He caught one, unfortunately it was a grim large caliber thing -so he probably died.
    I just want to see Vince Gilligan make the BB movie.

alexpop likes this.
  23. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Walter White and Quinn from Homeland team up in a new action series called 'The Heisenberg team'.
    The first villain will be the evil Chili P.

hbbfam likes this.
  24. alexpop

When the series was going, there could have been a spin off movie.

25. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Season One got much, much better as it went on. I'm looking forward to Two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.