"Better Call Saul" - pre season and Season One Discussion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

I am rewatching Season One on DVD, and enjoying it immensely. I am surprised at how much I had forgotten.

GMfan87' and sound chaser like this.
  2. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I will go on record as saying that Breaking Bad was a very good series. I resisted watching it because of the implausibility of the plot, and only watchted it about a year ago. Better Call Saul season one was better. The acting was better, the evolution of the characters was more involved, and the plot was more plausible. I am anxiously awaiting the second season.

3. Hot Ptah

Yes! I also think that Better Call Saul is better overall than Breaking Bad.

Rufus McDufus and sound chaser like this.
  4. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

+2

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

No way in a million years.
    It's like a slice of cake ( a very nice slice), to the main enchilada.

6. Hot Ptah

[​IMG]

I think it is more like a plate of gourmet Carne de Puerco con Chile, compared to an enchilada.

misterdecibel and alexpop like this.
  7. alexpop

Ha. Lol.

8. Hot Ptah

Whatever your opinion, be careful not to get salsa on the carpet! And if you do, use club soda before it dries!

9. alexpop

Think the 'your not Kevin Costner'was the funniest scene. Again, no Breaking Bad, repeat Breaking Bad...but that scene cracked me up.

Hawkeye and Hot Ptah like this.
  10. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Rewatching the season on Blu-ray. Gotta get me a space blanket!

11. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Chuck's betrayal is still heartbreaking the second time through.

artfromtex, Mr. H and Hot Ptah like this.
  12. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Mid February folks!

Hot Ptah likes this.
  13. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

I just realised Chuck is from Spinal Tap, d'Oh.

Mr. H and Hot Ptah like this.
  14. mike's beard

mike's beard Forum Resident

I wouldn't go as far to say it's better then Breaking Bad, but I think it's easily it's equal so far. Can't wait for season 2!!

Hot Ptah likes this.
  15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Chuck is also Lenny of Lenny & Squiggy on Laverne and Shirley.

Kyhl, Mr. H, EVOLVIST and 1 other person like this.
  16. I'm doing the same thing. I ordered it on bluray, and will rewatch before the new season starts.

I don't know why I didn't get it before, since I am fanatical about all things Breaking Bad. Perhaps I had spent all my money on meth when I came out. Don't recall.

Hot Ptah and rburly like this.
  17. Hot Ptah

But I was last night.

If you build it, I will come.

I agree that it was a very funny scene.

18. I've been rewatching Season 1, like I've said above. Once again I'm enjoying it, and the story flows much better on a binge watch, because of its back-to-back nature, which I didn't get the first time around.

The only thing that bugs me - the ONLY thing - is all of the fake hair that you can so easily tell is fake. Is it that difficult, with a budget like this, to give an actor more realistic hair, especially the actors right in front of the camera all the time?

The younger Jimmy McGill's hair extensions look ridiculous. When Chuck comes to visit Jimmy in jail, you can see the line on Chuck's forehead where the "clown cap" covers the whole top of his head.

The point is, I've seen better rugs being worn on the street, not to mention some fantastic ones on TV and movies. Why not in BCS? It's distracting. Or am I the only one who feels this way?

19. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

LOL, I think you may be! :D The thought had never crossed my mind, but dammit, now I'll be looking for it!

EVOLVIST likes this.
  20. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

No, you're not. I've been rewatching the first season and everytime they did a flashback I'd comment on how silly it looked. Like all you had to do to make an actor look younger was put a wig on him. Especially funny with Michael McKean where we all know what he actually looked like younger.

Easily forgiven when every other aspect of this show is done so well.

21. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I have no idea about the plot line, story and have read nothing on this thread other than this is at least equal to Breaking Bad. Now that is hard to believe. If true, Im on it like white on rice.

And if true, this is very good news. Missed out on Breaking Bad and got addicted to it from snippets on youtube. Then did a marathon from Season 1-5 which lasted three months. Then...it was over :(. Ive never been so disappointed in a TV series ending in my life.

Im not missing this one.

22. Yeah, every other aspect IS well done. I got finished with ep6 last night, where Mike does his thing, back in Philly. Every bit as good as a BB episode, that one.

I'm just thinking about Jack Klugman's powerful toupe during the '70s run of Quincy, and Shatner's rug on Star Trek. You couldn't tell! But you sure as hell can in BCS.

About Season 2, I doubt they have many flashbacks, since the whole Slippin' Jimmy things was covered in Season 1. Maybe some flash forward bits in Omaha.

mmars982 likes this.
  23. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Just thought I'd throw this out there, which may or may not be applicable. Sometimes in flashbacks, bad hairpieces are bad by design for comedic effect to poke fun at a past era where fashion/customs/tech etc seem funny compared to today. I know this sort of thing is done more often in sitcoms/dramedies, but then again Slippin' Jimmy is also a comedic character, so...

24. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

If you need to catch up before season two starts, Netflix has all of season one beginning Feb 1. I'm going to fork over my 8 bucks (one month fee) just to rewatch and get ready.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  25. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

"This is mic no. 1, isn't this a lot of fun"

JimW likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.