Better Call Saul - Season Four Discussion & Digestion

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by EVOLVIST, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

2. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

3. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Well, the writer of the article has seen the first episodes of season 4, so maybe we will.

Can't wait for tonight -- hard to believe it has been well over a year since there was a new episode to look forward to on a Monday night.

Spaghettiows likes this.
  4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Personally I prefer BCS. We're all different. . . .

MikeInFla, Jimmy B., serj and 3 others like this.
  5. alexpop

Same artist different painting.
    Folk like what they like(subjective).
    But..Breaking Bad is regarded the best show in the 21st century. Where as BCS is a bit of a freak show. Maybe when it ends season 6 ( whatever ) then cause for better evaluation, as is.
    BB 10/10
    BCS 8/10

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  6. Lonson

I personally don't hold a lot of value in what "is regarded" . . . and often find myself with different choices. Which is just fine. I don't know anyone that I share watching the show with that considers BCS a "freak show." Now "Wrecked," a LOST parody I enjoy on TBS, is a "freak show!"

7. alexpop

Season 1&2 BCS is kinda freaky compared to BB imo.

8. Lonson

Okay, that's not how I see it. I see Breaking Bad as a more conventional TV show than BCS. We see things differently, chest la vie.

9. EVOLVIST

EVOLVIST Kid A Thread Starter

Season 3, Ep. 9 - Chuck pulls a Jimmy on Howard with the threat of lawsuit once he felt he would be ousted from the company.

The threat, itself, is more like Jimmy, but Chuck is even worse than all that he despises, as he would rather tear down HHM than to see it go on without him.

Chuck is a bitter man.

Now, think: there's a good possibility that it took Chuck's enmity toward life that might eventually turn Jimmy into Saul.

Sure, Jimmy is a grifter, and we dig most of our own holes, yet if Jimmy hadn't cared so much for Chuck, might Jimmy's hole been a bit more shallow?

Of course if Chuck hadn't bailed Jimmy out of jail for dookin' down a sunroof would Jimmy have cared as much?

10. George P

George P Notable Member

Question - The Hand/Man that Mike discovers in the desert is that missing husband/Navy guy, right? How did Nacho know where the guy was? It was Nacho that gave him the info, right?

11. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Wasn't he the Good Samaritan that Hector had killed that had found the driver that Mike left out there bound and gagged?

Kyhl, Mylene and Lonson like this.
  12. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Not by me. Deadwood was better. But who cares? Great to be able to live in an era that such great art(on television, no less) exists.

13. George P

George P Notable Member

Oh, wow! So many coincidences. And if it wasn't for hearing about this, Mike would not have agreed to be involved with Nacho again. And he would not have become more involved with Gus, etc.

14. EVOLVIST

Though Deadwood has more historical inaccuracies, anachronisms, and no regard for historical language and clothing, than any other recent period piece that I can think of. In fact, you'd probably have to go back to Bonanza to find such dross. But you're right; we live in a world of great art. :D

ssmith3046 likes this.
  15. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

But the writing, the acting, and plotlines, that is what counts in these shows. BCS and BB were great shows, but believable? Of course not. Deadwood wins it for me.

16. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I think the scene where the widow talks about her Navy husband just brought it home to Mike how much the Good Samaritan's family must be suffering not even knowing what happened to him.

17. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Big rain storm here. Hoping we have power to watch it! :(

18. EVOLVIST

Hmmm...let's see, so Nacho tells him where the body is. Mike calls it in. Nacho approaches Pryce to get the pill capsules, and Pryce asks Mike for help, telling Mike that it's Nacho.

Soooo...Mike meets Nacho and gave him some advise on how to pull of the execution of Hector. Or, really, how not to get caught.

But, am I missing something? I don't see how the body brings Mike and Gus closer, as the only thing that involves Gus, after the discovery of the body, is that Gus ends up saving Hector's life.

19. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Mike had at one point refused to help Nacho but agreed to later in return for being told where the body is. I'm blanking on exactly where this fits into the timeline.

20. EVOLVIST

Right. Which is what he did. He offered up Nacho advise to not get caught, basically looking out for Nacho.

Mike even checked the gas cap of Nacho's van. Then the last we see of Mike is in S03E09 as he's signing the papers with Lydia.

The last we see of Nacho is him looking on as Gus saves Hector.

I just fail to see the connection of Mike finding the body and getting closer to Gus because of it. :shrug:

21. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

mpayan and alexpop like this.
  22. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

I loved the first episode of the new season tonight!

adm62 and George P like this.
  23. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Who was driving that cab?

George P and Jimmy B. like this.
  24. EVOLVIST

I liked it. Far from the best episode of BCS; maybe the worst? That is to say, it felt and looked like little more than setting the stage. The only real meat in the episode came near the end with Mike's big scene, and the last one with Jimmy, Howard and Kim.

Oh, and the two opening scenes in Omaha were tense!

Thinking about the episode, I guess it rang more true to life, rather than stepping on the gas. I mean, how does one follow up a tragedy that huge? Everybody comes back to earth and settles into their new roles.

They do a lot of thinking.

It doesn't make for spectacular television, but it makes sense.

25. Yeah that was pretty strange - and no clues given afterward either.

And we may get none (most likely).

Hot Ptah likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.