Better Call Saul - All Things Discussion*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by misterjones, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

I can't believe Thomas would admit whose voice it really is.

2. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Have we had any word on a complete series set yet? Either a standard Blu-Ray set, or perhaps something neat to go with Breaking Bad's barrel?

3. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Physical media is not a priority anymore. But I'm hoping for a "complete" 4K set with BB and BCS in a decent case. If they want to throw in El Camino, that works.

slipkid and Nightfly68 like this.
  4. bloodisthin

bloodisthin And after all, we're only ordinary men

5. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Wow!

7. Wow! I admit, I didn't know she was alive.

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I knew that. . . my wow was in large part discovering this was her favorite show!

MikaelaArsenault and MikeInFla like this.
  9. Nightfly68

Looking forward to seeing her on the show.

10. Brian_Svoboda

Brian_Svoboda Senior Member

My immediate thought is to wonder whether she might play a certain resident of Red Cloud, Nebraska, who is prone to inebriation and theft. But the wish may be the mother of my thought.

11. intv7

intv7 Senior Member

12. ubiknik

ubiknik Forum Resident

Until you speculated I hadn't really thought about it, but Carol playing Kim's mother seems like a really good guess.

13. Nightfly68

Whatever her role is, I know she'll be great.

14. dsdu

dsdu less serious minor pest

Co-owner of Best Quality Vacuum.

15. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

16. Playloud

Playloud Nobody’s Hero

17. Nightfly68

18. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I just binge watched this season part 1 and am confused about something (and don't have time to go back and read through the thread).

How did Lalo find the location of Gus' "laundry"/lab? I thought that NONE of the guys that worked on it from that construction crew had the slightest idea where it was, were taken there blindfolded etc and that Gus/Mike went to great lengths to hide the location from them. I know Lalo found Werner's wife in Germany which led him to interrogate that other guy with a link to Werner (and I assumed he was one of the workers), but nobody outside of Gus' crew knew where it was or so I thought. What am I missing???

JimW likes this.
  19. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

I asked the same thing a while back and got no response. Doesn't make sense to me either.

slipkid likes this.
  20. Nightfly68

I believe Lalo had Nacho take him to the chicken plant.

21. GregM

GregM The expanding man

I think that's right. Lalo was also surveilling the Pollos Hermanos restaurant for a long time and knew this was the laundry location, we can assume. He chose his spy location in the storm drain to surveil it. It was sort of echoing the Hank story from BB, once Hank got wise to the location.

22. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

...trying desperately to stay away from this thread and social media spoilers..

[​IMG]

Jerry Horne, MikeInFla and Riktator like this.
  23. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

But the laundry is not at the chicken plant. It is in town somewhere but the chicken plant is out of town in the middle of nowhere. Right?

JimW likes this.
  24. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

The thing that bothers me about that theory is that it seemed like Lalo went to all that trouble of going to Germany etc to find out what Fring was really building and where it was, using Werner as his lead which led him to that other guy. If he already knew about the fake laundry and what was in it why the huge effort to go to Germany to find Werner (or rather his widow), and fish for clues as to what he was working on etc.

Thanks to all for their answers though!

GregM likes this.
  25. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Yes, this was my biggest criticism of the Lalo arc thus far. Not only was it unnecessary for Lalo to go to Germany, it defied common sense/logic and how a cartel guy would operate. But I guess it was entertaining!

slipkid likes this.