Better Call Saul - All Things Discussion*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by misterjones, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

Michael Mando tweeted this morning that he was headed to LA to start filming S6. So that was good news. :)

2. Edgard Varese

Oops, that should have read that he's headed to ABQ. :laugh:

Chrome_Head likes this.
  3. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear. Thread Starter

Am I misremembering, or did Gene last season call the vacuum cleaner guy (presumably for still another identity) then change his mind in mid-call, stating in effect he thought of another way out? Despite his change of mind, I wonder if there still is a Gene-Kim-vacuum connection. Something about that call make him think of Kim?

EVOLVIST and deadbirdie like this.
  4. Edgard Varese

He did, yes.

5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I'm still shocked AMC hasn't made time to do a season-5 marathon any more times than, what was it, Memorial Day Weekend...? :disgust:

And, hacked-off, because somehow my DVR skipped one of the last episodes, and I had to shut down watching it until I eventually find it. Those last episodes are just glaring at me on my TiVo list, gathering dust.

I have to assume, they'd love to do it, but perhaps they've only paid for a limited number of showings of them, and they're likely holding out until they're closer to debuting Season 6 to build the buzz back.

If anybody's in the know when and if they happen to have any late-night reruns or marathons of Season 5 planned...

6. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Seems a decade ago since this was on. Ill be honest its kind of difficult to get into what was the most intense entertainment on TV when the entire world crisis makes it look like a candystore. Not sure I have the want to watch it. Im sure I will, I always do. Ill definitely have to go back and watch 1-5 again to remember wth was even going on. And they havent even started filming yet? Wow. Wonder how many times the storyline has changed in this limbo? Hopefully the extra time gave them time to come up with amazing season.

BDC, MikeInFla and misterjones like this.
  7. misterjones

I'm wondering whether I should do that or wait until it is over and watch seasons 1-6 then start in on Breaking Bad. I'm not sure I'll live that long. I have a few video "projects" like that in my head for when I retire, which will be soon, I think.

Bcorig likes this.
  8. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Don't forget there are 2 story arcs to complete here. The past and the flash fowards! I think we are going to be surprised by how much more they put into the future story is S6.

MikeInFla, EVOLVIST and misterjones like this.
  9. misterjones

I've been perpetually surprised how little time they've put into the Gene story, so at this point anything more than 10 minutes will surprise me.

MikeInFla likes this.
  10. Nightfly68

Nightfly68 Forum Resident

11. Also, I believe they said that Season 6 will have more episodes than the previous seasons. Somewhere between 13-16 episodes. Now, that was stated before Covid. so who knows? They've had a ton of time to possibly let the plotlines simmer at the writing table, so I'm expecting something knockout!

Put yourself on Jonathan Bank's shoes. You're not as old as him are you? 74. He'll be 75 by the time the 6th season airs. But hey, we're only guaranteed this very moment, and hardly even that, so hang in there, barrister. :)

enro99, Chrome_Head and misterjones like this.
  12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

They said 13 episodes for the final season.

Chrome_Head and EVOLVIST like this.
  13. misterjones

At this point, I feel as though if I were 25 I still wouldn't live too much longer.

14. proedros

proedros Forum Resident

hoping Vince Gilligan returns to the writers room for S6 , his absence in S5 showed in a huge way , very mediocre and forgettable season (imho)

Hopefully , they end on a high note.

BDC, enro99, lc1995 and 1 other person like this.
  15. misterjones

I found the best part of season five to be the Nacho story line. The Jimmy-Kim-Mike-Gus stuff was less interesting. I began to tire of those four in the prior season.

16. He is. He said he's taking a much bigger role for Season 6, including the writing process from the beginning.

enro99, Chrome_Head and proedros like this.
  17. englishbob

Series 5 for me was about building up the relationship between Saul and Kim. I enjoyed it. They'd played it cool up to S5, but then they start to show their feelings for each other a bit more and invested more in their outcomes together.

I'm hoping for a happy ending :agree:

BDC, Johnny66 and EVOLVIST like this.
  18. misterjones

I'm hoping for an ending that isn't just a lead in to Better Call Saul - The Movie.

I predict - and I'm always right, of course - a sad ending for Saul and redemption of sorts for Gene. Really nice would be if Gene finds a way to help out Kaylee.

19. englishbob

I'm hoping the Gene story somehow leads back to Kim

20. Jerry Horne

21. GregM

GregM The expanding man

If so, he should get a full refund from the "new identity" vacuum guy. I'm just hoping for a good explanation how Jimmy and Kim parted ways.

22. Jerry Horne

I'm preparing myself for a bleak ending.

It will be interesting to see if Lalo catches up with Gene.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  23. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Rhea and Mando have been the real revelations of the series for me. Odenkirk has matured into an excellent actor, although it’s hard in some ways to reconcile the Saul of BCS with the Saul of BB. BB’s Saul is much less dimensional, although that’s not surprising given he’s not the focus of the series.

Johnny66 and Chrome_Head like this.
  24. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

To be fair, BCS was mostly all about the “villains” of BB from the beginning. Tuco appeared in the first two episodes of S1. It was also very Mike-centric early on.

End of this year? We’re far closer to that now than the end of S5 from last May or so.

Nuts.

At least they’re not currently planning on doing that asinine thing where they stretch the last season across two years with 8 episodes per year.

EVOLVIST and misterjones like this.
  25. Dude, that traumatized me. What a screwed up way to make a season...and I really never read a logical reason for them to do that. o_O

Chrome_Head likes this.