Betty White Happy 98th Birthday!!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by LilacTeardrop, Jan 19, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here" Thread Starter

2. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

love her...she was great on Boston Legal...Happy Birthday Dear Betty!
    I remember watching her every week on Password...with her hubby Allen Ludden...

longdist01 and LilacTeardrop like this.
  4. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

Her 1950s show “Life with Elizabeth” had some moments since she often broke the fourth wall. It was also three segments about eight minutes each in a half hour.

She has said that she appeared in an experimental tv broadcast in 1939

The Happy Homemaker Sue Ann Nivens rules!

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  5. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here" Thread Starter

Boston Legal=great show! I miss David E. Kelley shows. :sigh:
    Hot In Cleveland - I think it's running on POP, cable station... was running Betty White-dedicated episodes last week. What a terrific ensemble. I caught just 1; this one:

Michael likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

What a Lady she is! I love her...she was amazing in Boston Legal...a perfect cast of characters...she fit right in. : )

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  7. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Happy belated birthday to Betty (it was actually on the 17th, not today). Hope she makes it to 100 (at least). She's a legend.

8. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

BTW, Betty's long-lost 1971 TV series The Pet Set was released about seven weeks ago on DVD and digitally (Apple TV+, Amazon Prime, YouTube, etc.).
    The video quality is early 1970's TV, but that didn't bother me. I think the program is just delightful. 39 episodes with guests like Carol Burnett,
    Mary Tyler Moore, Jimmy and Gloria Stewart, Burt Reynolds, Johnny Mathis, Vincent Price, Jim Nabors, Barbara Feldon and many more with their
    pets. Plus there's exotic animals and a lot more.

The show was sponsored by Carnation, and the reason it was only broadcast one season was Carnation decided they wanted to spend more money on
    their commercials instead of one program. The DVD's bonus disc is great, too, with a kinescope of Betty hosting Password instead of her husband,
    Allen Ludden, who is one of the celebrity players (along with singer/songwriter Paul Williams), episodes of her 1950's shows Life With Elizabeth and
    Dancing with the Angels, an episode of The Price Is Right with Betty on the panel from February 1964 in which host Bill Cullen gets a Beatles
    reference in at the beginning of the show, and much more.

This morning my web review/article on Betty's White' Pet Set: The Complete Series was published online. The link to it is below.

Thanks,
    Marshall

"Betty White's Pet Set: The Complete Series" DVD Review

longdist01 and Myke like this.
  9. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Not included with Prime. $1.99 per episode.

Marshall likes this.
  10. Marshall

Marshall Forum Resident

Right. Thanks for the clarification, Myke.
    Marshall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.