Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

Beware of this Carpenters A Kind of Hush CD auction

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by KeithH, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now Thread Starter

I happened upon this eBay auction for a Carpenters A Kind of Hush CD the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130189287495&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Note that the seller does not state the condition or the catalog number. I wrote him asking for this information, and his response is provided below. I have highlighted the key statement in bold.

Buyer beware! I urged the seller to note the scratch and "hanging" on his auction page. Regardless, I thought I should mention it here in case some of you thought about placing a bid.

2. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

"I will not lie on customs forms"

:rolleyes:

3. KeithH

At least he's upfront on something. :rolleyes:

4. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

He says he'll not lie, but not listing important details in the description of the item about its condition could be regarded as not telling the truth either...

Another thing: according to the auction details he "ships to: United States", yet in the description he invites bidders from outside the U.S.A. to contact him for shipping. Strange...

5. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Is the original mastering better? That's what I have, but I have been looking for the remaster.

6. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Next thing you know he'll put the reel to reel up for sale, not mentioning it 's been re-recorded from a CD. Yikes!

7. KeithH

Also from the seller's auction description:

:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.