bi-amp capable speakers, for Winter

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by ampguy, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ampguy

ampguy Forum Resident Thread Starter

OK, so if anyone hasn't figured it out, I have amps that generate a lot of heat. My Class A Hood 1969 amp gives off more heat than my 750W dedicated heaters (figure that one out, rocket scientists!) and my Hegel definitely gets warm when cranked. I want to take advantage of these, as I could not justify running the Hood during the summer, increasing A/C usage.

I'm looking at RP-600ms (yes, am aware of the dip and curve), Dentons, Monitor Audio Bronze 2. What else is out there? What should I avoid?

Great sound quality is a good thing, but bi-amp capability is a MUST. It's getting cold!!

Re: SQ - I prefer the Tekton Mini Lores on 90% of the music I listen to, over the LS-50s. I haven't heard the above speakers, although some local dealers have them. At this time, I just do not want to deal with going to a retail store, or trying out various speakers by mail and returning all but one, unless the speaker is defective. Not looking for Perfection. Looking for Warmth (literally).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.