Big Barrel Full of Monkees Thread (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jun 23, 2014.

1. FredV

FredV Senior Member

Hi All,

I've got a Big Announcement to make!

I want to thank everyone who has supported me over the years and were kind enough to buy my book 'A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You: The Monkees From A Fan's Perspective'.

I'm so grateful that Monkees fan's have enjoyed the book with my stories about my experiences with The Monkees as well as the stories other fans have contributed to the book.

After my book came out, I've received many requests to write a followup book which would include stories from other fans who wanted to share their Monkees experiences.

Well, the time has come, the Walrus said!

I'm officially announcing that I'll be writing the followup to my first Monkees book and I want to include YOUR story in the book!

Now, here's the little twist: I want to include stories from Monkees fans from around the World. I'd like the perspective of fans from different countries wherever they are, be it England, Japan, Australia, France, South America, etc. In fact, it was from the requests of international fans that wanted to share their stories in a sequel to my first book, that inspired me to write this new book.

Feel free to share any Monkees related story you wish and what The Monkees meant to you.

If you'd like to contribute to my new Monkeess Fan book, please send me your stories to my email address:

[email protected]

I definitely want to include the stories and photos from Monkees fans from around the world about their experiences with the group at concerts, personal appearances, memorabilia collecting, etc., and in your own words.

Everyone whose stories and photos are chosen for the book will be duly credited. I will compile the best stories and include them with my own recent updates with The Monkees.

Looking forward to hearing from YOU soon.

Monkees Fans are THE BEST FANS in the World, and one thing I've learned after all these years, Monkees Fans have THE BEST Monkees stories!

Blessings!

Fred Velez

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Bit-M...F8&qid=1561677120&ref_=tmm_pap_title_0&sr=8-1

[​IMG]

2. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Looking forward to this Fred. Will this be getting it’s own thread here?
    Also following you on Facebook.

Darryl

3. FredV

FredV Senior Member

I’m directly aiming this at Monkees fans on this thread because I know mostly fans come here. Will consider a separate thread if it’s ok.

greelywinger and RedRoseSpeedway like this.
  4. MarkTheShark

MarkTheShark Senior Member

https://www.amazon.com/Im-Believer-...nd+other+hits&qid=1562636231&s=gateway&sr=8-1

A stereo version without handclaps is on this Rhino budget CD. Word on the street is that it's a new remix created for this disc. It sounds the same as the old one to me, but I haven't A/B compared them. I bet the Mixography guy has, though.

AlmanacZinger likes this.
  5. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I have it. But it's deep down in storage. Gotta dig it out. Dammit. I should've known better- every single Monkee release has SOMETHING unique to it...

6. spsimmons

spsimmons Forum Resident

Gonna be attending the Micky and Mike Q & A Saturday morning in Knoxville. Any pressing unanswered questions I should ask? I can't think of a single one that they probably haven't been asked a million times.

Iceman08 likes this.
  7. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Yes, I would ask them these (though they've probably been asked but what the hey):

1. Would Nesmith be open to working on a "Dolenz Sings Nesmith" album and if so would he want to produce and/or perform on it and would he like to make it a family affair with his kids performing on it as well?
    2. Would either Dolenz and Nesmith like to see a definitive Monkees documentary be made directed by someone like a Peter Jackson or a Ron Howard that really puts The Monkees experience in context with the times as well as the group's place in the pop culture landscape?
    3. Would either like to do anymore directing themselves at any point?

Iceman08, rswitzer, dangiedr and 2 others like this.
  8. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

I'd be kind of curious if they have a favorite memory of recording Headquarters or recording as a group in general. It would be interesting to know if there are any other Monkees songs that they wish had been performed live. I know they tried cooking up "Saleman" again and "Love Is Only Sleeping" at the beginning of the first M&M tour.

MarkTheShark and dangiedr like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Are there any new threads, speculation threads, etc. about the news of the next Super Deluxe Box Set coming out later this year?

I heard it was mentioned on FB but I'm no longer on FB.

Iceman08 likes this.
  10. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Was it a plan to press Headquarters in the style of the others or skipping to Pisces?

11. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Idk. Anyone with FB able to check Andrew's FB page??

12. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

@D-rock, Andrew gave an interview to a (non-Zilch) podcast during the 2016 tour and implied that there was enough material/variations to create a new HQ Super Deluxe box set as well as one for PAC&J. While the decision is ultimately Warners', I would anticipate we will eventually see Super Deluxe versions of both. I'd hoped one was coming late last year but Christmas Party seems to have trumped it. If the live CD/BluRay of the M&M tour is truly in the offing, I wouldn't be surprised if another box set got trumped again.

D-rock likes this.
  13. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I'm checking now..any idea how far back the comment was?

14. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

No. I've been off FB over a week and haven't been well to check as often as I do concerning all things Monkees

I hope someone starts a speculation and what to expect for the next two Super Deluxe Box Sets.

These excite me more than any other Monkees projects in the works.

... unless there's a Complete Masters collection in the works :)

15. jfmlaugh

jfmlaugh Forum Resident

Andrew briefly mentioned that a new Super Deluxe set is coming by the end of the year. No details though.

16. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Good enough for me. Hopefully we get a few morsels besides a box set. Now we wait (and save). :cool:

jfmlaugh and D-rock like this.
  17. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

Maybe someone else. These two are nice guys and whatnot, but some of their current filmmaking choices (docs included) have left me confused. (That's as nice as I can put it).

TFEC likes this.
  18. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I would honestly repurchase the deluxe sets with audiophile mastering. Even (especially) if they were just available for downloads.

Hmm...That's actually not a bad idea. Can we make this a thing?

D-rock likes this.
  19. FredV

FredV Senior Member

20. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

Bill also wrote The Door Into Summer. I have always loved that song.

21. RedRoseSpeedway

RedRoseSpeedway Music Lover

What I wanna know is where is Christmas Party on vinyl? I hope it’s released on coloured vinyl, maybe like a red/green split. You can get all their main studio albums and a few others on coloured vinyl so.

22. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I thought Christmas Party was a terrible ideal. Whether it's on CD or Lp.

Although ... Nez's version of Snowfall is sublime. Only track in my opinion worth revisiting.

23. FredV

FredV Senior Member

It should be coming out in August. Very poignant in that it's the last Monkees album Peter Tork participated in. :cry:

24. RedRoseSpeedway

Yes that is so sad, R.I.P. Peter.

By the way, how do you know it’ll be out in August?

25. RedRoseSpeedway

Well I love it, especially the title track

PhoffiFozz and D-rock like this.