Big Brother 19

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, Jun 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

I'm so glad Paul lost. Such an entitled egotistical little doooosh.

Josh was the big dumb kid that Paul and Xmas dragged along for the ride because they both thought he would be an easy defeat in a F2 situation.

I'm also glad Cody was awarded AFP if for no other reason than to rub a little additional salt into Paul's wounded ego.

BB19 was The Paul Show. Worst season of BB ever, but at least the finale was fun to watch.

2. F_C_FRANKLIN

F_C_FRANKLIN Forum Resident

Not the worst season to me, seasons where someone like Lisa from BB 3 wins it all just for being 'nice', or a pill pusher like Adam wins BB 9 (Well, who wasn't a scumbag that season), those are bad seasons for me. This season was mostly fun, but like most became kinda 'meh' the last 2 weeks of the season.

rburly likes this.
  3. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

Paul knew it when Mark's vote was announced, you could see the pained expression on his face that the jury didn't vote for the best player in the game. He even took his time to collect himself before coming out.

I wonder what the outcome would've been had Josh chosen Christmas for the final two and voted Paul out.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    Grant, rburly and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  4. F_C_FRANKLIN

I could see Christmas winning over Josh, only because of how the jury picked Josh over Paul.

5. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Glad that this season is finally over. CBS need to go back to the drawing board and figure out where to go with this program because the format has become just plain stale. "Expect the unexpected" is now expect the same (returning houseguests, same comps played in the same weeks as previous seasons, etc). Let CBS get everything out of their system for Season 20 and do a Big Brother All-Stars, then completely change the format for Season 21.

Grant and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  6. bluenote

bluenote Forum Resident

Wow! I didn't see that coming! I'm truly shocked that Josh won. Mostly, I'm REALLY shocked that Mark voted for Josh! They absolutely hated each other!

The jury was incredibly bitter, especially Alex. I guess this is why it's so hard to win Big Brother, you have to make it to the end and not piss off the jury. Very difficult to do that.

7. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Well that was a good laugh.

8. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

BB3 & BB9 were my least favorite seasons until BB19. I simply can't stomach Paul's spoiled brat rich kid Hipster nonsense.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

Dr. Will said he was in the media room instead of in the audience. He told Josh that the media room erupted with applause and yelling. Everyone thought he had a chance, but everyone also thought Paul would win.

They almost shot past Cody after Julie's buildup. She said the top 3 were Kevin, Jason and Cody. When she announced Cody, there was applause, but they moved along pretty fast IMO.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  10. uofmtiger

uofmtiger Forum Resident

Yes, Paul picked the Josh/Xmas pair to be with him at the end because he could beat them at the physical competitions, and because Josh's social game consisted of crying and banging pans...but apparently that is a better quality than playing a strategic game and eliminating players that will vote later. Next season, I wonder if anyone will want to get "blood on their hands"? Maybe they can just put random people on the block and just flip a coin to decide who everyone votes for? Then they can vote for the nicest player left at the end. Sounds quite entertaining.

"Jury Management" which is apparently another word for not doing anything strategic in the game, isn't really possible for the player making the most moves and inevitably eliminating people on their side. They have to hope that people vote on game play, but as we have seen this season, even people that call themselves "gamers" hate the player rather than hating the game.

11. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

These people displayed childish behavior from the get-go and carried that through their final decision making. Boo Hoo to the lot of them.
    Cody and Jessica will undoubtably turn up on The Amazing Race.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  12. F_C_FRANKLIN

Cody's vote was clearly out of spite, not for gameplay.

By the same token, at first I enjoyed the Temptation angles at first, however I can see how those gimmicks ruined the game this year. Not an Evel Dick fan at all, however he's all for stripping the game back, get rid of the Veto angle. Sad thing is, ratings were better this season, and we're gonna get more of the same after Celebrity BB (and ugh, I expect Kathy Griffith to be one of the 'Celebrities'.)

rburly likes this.
  13. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Hmm....KG? She recently shaved her head so unless she plans on wigging it I don't see her participating. I'm surprised at the lack of conjecture on which celebs will play the game. Who's desperate enough? God, I really hope it's not Busey, Meat Loaf, Carson Kressly, any number of the DWTS contestants, you know, the usual suspects. Who's on your wish list? And please, be realistic.

14. mynameistaken

mynameistaken Forum Resident

I think Josh’s goodbye messages also played apart in the resentment of Paul. It was honestly a good way to show people that Paul was back stabbing them. He was buddy buddy with people, but was also instrumental in their eviction. I think it was the goodbye message to Jason that was the best. Paul says he was blind sided and had no clue he would be evicted. Then Josh tells him about the alliance and that it was Paul’s plan. I laughed when they showed that.

Paul got upset when he found out and called Josh cowardly, because it was something he couldn’t control. I think he realized he was in trouble when he saw that.

jriems, F_C_FRANKLIN, Lonson and 2 others like this.
  15. rburly

Paul should have won. But he was a douche bag to Josh a long time. And cutesy Christmas was just as bad with Josh. Personally, I think Christmas told Josh to take Paul if he won the last comp. They may have had an "understanding" if Paul won. It was pure karma for Paul.

And I agree with @mynameistaken that Paul would find the triggers to piss people off, and he used it against Josh in a cowardly way.

F_C_FRANKLIN and Grant like this.
  16. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

+1

I'm glad it's over and Paul is "always the bride's maid". . . . He was actually brilliant and the others deserved him, but he became so smug and smarmy that I was happy to see him lose, which is not usually me. Probably won't be the last we see of him.

17. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I think Mark was angrier that they were all played. I also don't think Mark really hated Josh, but his allegiance for Jody was there to the end.

The jury was bitter because they allowed themselves to be played. And, did Raven really think anyone was going to listen to her? She isn't that well liked, either.

So much for all the conspiracy theories about BB being rigged!

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  18. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

It was rigged with advantage. Paul lost because of poor jury management.
    The guy has narcissistic personality disorder and rite to the end wouldn't fess up.
    You might say he overplayed.

19. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

20. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

There is no way to isolate all the variables regarding Cody's win, but I wouldn't be so sure that the average Big Brother viewer "connected" with him. Since we are observing so many houseguests either did nothing or allowed themselves to be used, I think that puts Cody in a favorable light in regards to the fact that he actually tried to play the game while in the house. Even though I don't think Cody should be rewarded, I can at least see why someone might want to reward him. The same way I can see why Paul should have won the game even though I didn't want him to.

rburly likes this.
  21. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

My, the whole Q&A portion of the finale Wednesday night had so many cringe-worthy moments. It started with Elena's indignant confused look, then continued with the indifference of almost everyone on stage while Josh and Paul were answering. At one point where Josh and Paul were joking around with each other, they cut to the jury and I could just feel how much the jurors wanted nothing to do with Paul, Josh, and Christmas.

Someone upthread said Paul continued to spin lies in his answers, but they struck me as on-target and factual (actually, I did disagree with Paul's take on the bullying question, but I'm not sure whether he consciously deflected blame to make himself look better or if he believed his own BS) . Josh, on the other hand, appeared wildly deluded about how much impact he had on the game. Honestly, I think he realized some creative exaggeration was needed or else he was going to come off as an inconsequential player. I felt the one meaningful game move Josh could have made was to evict Paul going into Final Two, which would have made up for a lot of his game. But Josh couldn't even do that. I'm not upset that Josh won, but he certainly did the least to deserve it.

The last takeaway I had from Paul was regarding his answer to the effect of, "I'm sorry if you're upset, because I never said I would put anyone else above my own game." He gave pretty much a repeat of that in a 24-hours-later interview I read this morning. This smacks of victim blaming, like a guy who carries on a relationship with a woman and justifies cheating by saying, "I always told you that I won't call you my girlfriend and I won't marry you; it was your choice to assume this relationship was something else."

22. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Josh ticked off a lot of people in the house, same as Paul. I truly believe if he had taken Christmas, Cody, Mark et al would not have cast their vote for him. It was clear in their discussion with Dr. Will that most had a problem with both of them and it simply came down to a lesser of two evils. The ultimate anger at Paul is pretty typical with these bitter juries. They are fine with all the bullying and backstabbing and "gameplay" until they are the inevitable victim. It's often pointed out but seldom considered that only one person can win so 99% of them will end up in the same exact place as the first evictee.
    As for Cody, Julie said it best. He won by a large margin. America approved despite his behavior. Sound familiar?

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  23. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Just read where Julie says a lot of celeb agents are calling for their clients to be included. Didn't know D-list celebs could afford agents. Supposedly one of the NSYNCers wants in. I see you Lance Bass. May I suggest the ladies of The Talk and I mean all of them, Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete included. Guaranteed fireworks. Throw in The View cohosts and I'm there!

rburly likes this.
  24. rburly

I like it, i.e. The Talk hosts playing. And Julie? She'd never allow herself to compete like that. There's always hope though! It'll be interesting, hopefully.

25. Manapua

Manapua Forum Resident

Julie also said it would be a fast forward type of show which indicates a shortened version. Makes sense since I would assume most celebs (wink wink) wouldn't want to tie up their valuable time for a three month reality show gig. On another note, The Mooch anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.