Big Brother 20 Summer 2018

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rburly, May 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Sadly, yes. I wonder why. It starts at the top.

zephyr25, jon9091 and the pope ondine like this.
  2. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

I might continue to watch, but I've had less enthusiasm to watch this year myself. Just before the season started, I had some pangs of guilt about watching a show like this considering the state of the world today. Partly, the whole enterprise feels more hollow as entertainment in context, but also because I'm also less inclined to excuse entertainment that doesn't counter its own worst instincts with attempts to celebrate decency when it can. I'm always hoping to see the humanity behind the people who chose to play this game, but I can't shake the feeling that the people doing the grunt work to get this show to air secretly despise anyone who would subject themselves to it.

rburly likes this.
  3. Grant

On the other hand, is this bunch really any different than those of the past? We've had racists, violent, and sexual harassers in the past. We've had bullies kicked off the show before.

I think what has changed is that the audience and technology changed. We can now watch live feeds and talk to other fans online. Our tolerance level for these unsavory houseguests have changed. I'm sure a lot of people chuckled when a houseguest of years ago cleaned a toilet with another's toothbrush.

4. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

You're absolutely right. The show and the houseguests haven't really changed, but my tolerance level for a lot of behavior has changed.

Grant likes this.
  5. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

Shannon, bb2. nah people were outraged back. bb made her apologise and replace the toothbrush.

6. Grant

I know, but; still, the bad behavior/rotten personalities were all there.

7. Grant

I don't know if you've been watching, but if you have been keeping up, I think the producers found a way to address the racist people in the house without CBS having to do anything.

Every week, they hold a viewer poll for the most popular/trending houseguest and the least popular or trending houseguest. The houseguests privately find out who is the viewers fave, and who is at the bottom. The loser gets a punishment of their choice. Last week it was Faysal. This time the least favorite among the viewers is...Rachael, most likely because of the outrage over her racist comments. The punishment she chose means someone comes into the house and yells at her about her game and why no one likes her. So, she'll get immediate feedback about what she's done. I like this game feature because it can also shake up the house.

I posted all of that before even watching last night's show, so i'll see exactly how close I am.

Tyler is the puppet master and is playing a very good game of manipulating HoH Kaitlyn, and they want Swaggy OUT! I think it's a mistake, though. Why? Swaggy has a big mouth and is overbearing. He can be used because of this. When he's no longer useful, get him out. I also don't think Swaggy's alliance is as strong as he thinks it is. His little group would jump shpi the minute they get a better offer. Hell, one of them is already a mole.

8. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

I really don't care that much, I like the small man, is that PC?? I didn't like the guy booted first, and don't get me started on that swaggy freak, seems like every year they have an outspoken male with a really annoying voice in the early episodes. I hope he goes soon! That said...

I'm a sucker for shows like this, makes me feel better in a lot of ways!! I'm not better than them really, I just know I'd be the real winner! BrwaaHahahah!1!@!

rburly likes this.
  9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

The last thing I watched was the episode on tv when Steve was voted out. I figured it would be him b/c he was a know-it-all and didn’t relate well to the younger people. When I saw Kaitlyn win HoH, that was it. I didn’t like her nor anyone else in the house. I liked Tyler, but he had an open HoH policy and everyone was sleeping and napping in his room.

Aside from the personalities in the house, I’m sleeping when they’re active. I used to stay up much later than I do now. But for people on the east coast, if you’re not staying up very late, you miss most interactions. Steve would get up at 6 am PT, which is 9 am ET. No one else was up until the mandatory 10a, which is 1 pm on the east coast. Take out at least 2-3 hours for any comp or activity, and there’s not much to see unless they are now staying up later. So, I lost interest in the show completely. I think they used to have an older person or 2 for people who were older, but Steve’s gone (not that I liked him), and (someone let her know this) Rockstar is the other older person, but thinks she’s still 18, but isn’t. There just isn’t anyone who keeps me interested at all.

10. Grant

Turns out his cop skills didn't work out for him too well. His perceptions were, wrong and was shown the door. I'm sure more than a few people didn't like his fatherly image. And, he chain-smoked.

You're missing out, because she is playing the (Tyler's) game, and she feels jilted. She might be a small package, but I wouldn't mess with her! This season is getting good!

That's what I mean: he's not the HoH! He's just manipulating Kaitlyn like nothing else!

I'm not counting out Rockstar. She might be weird, but I think she's smart enough to lay low right now. Everyone knows the old people get kicked out early.

Swaggy? He's pissed because no one is worshipping at his self-made altar.

I think a lot of people, and the producers, were hoping that the frat and sorority types would all hook up and dominate the game like in past seasons...that still may happen, but I see no evidence of it.

As lovable as Sam may be, it will be interesting to see just how far the house is willing to carry this no-game floater. Same goes for the virgin man who has no friends.

11. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Please! Please, Please, vote swaggy out!!! An-0-ing is just that, he is unbearable!! I have no intention of even wanting to see where he would have (notice past tense) gone if he'd stayed. Buh Bye, your rap sucks!! Loser...

rburly likes this.
  12. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Yeah!!! :laugh: :hide::hide:

13. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I share your relief Stu. Whoa, that dude was among the worst.

14. Grant

Swag didn't help his case by that pre-eviction speech. It just reminded everyone of why he was so annoying. It's clear he laid his Swag personality too thick in there and miscalculated everything. If he had simply been normal person Chris, I fully believe he would still be in there.

But, with the house knowing that Tyler was pulling all the strings, what will the house do to him? Anything?

I wish they would get rid of that littke f--ker JC. He's annoying too!

Kaitlyn? She played Tyler's game, not hers. She thinks she's strong, but she's not if she can so easily be manipulated.

I guess the producers decided to not do anything to Rachael.

And, why does CBS keep putting on the sociopath and chihuahua show? Didn't we get enough of that sick couple last year?

I give this show one more week. If things don't shake up, i'm going to stop watching. I've really got better things to do.

rburly likes this.
  15. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9 Thread Starter

I was listening to it for a while, then fell asleep as usual.

Remember Donnie? There's almost always has been someone who wasn't playing the game from Day 1 and appeared to be a decent person to listen to. There was some normality in the game. Almost every year the people seemed normal, for the most part, and I could get past the hard playing Day 1 people.

Maybe the producers wanted "character" type people. I could barely understand JC. Rockstar was dancing like a stripper which was uncomfortable to watch. Then all the "aighleighs" wasn't a good idea.

Maybe next year.

16. Lonson

People are still being normal. This is the new norm.

17. DaveySR

DaveySR Forum Resident

The thing that bugs me is the year after year elite group that gets formed, and none get sent home initially. It has happened pretty much every year for awhile, and it's getting old. The "visually pleasing", smug group that dominates, manipulates and bullies through numbers. It's getting annoying, but it does get better when there is no one else left and they have to start betraying each other. I'm waiting for the one from that group that lets the power go to their head, and ultimately destroys their game. I'll keep watching for those inevitable tears.:winkgrin:

zephyr25 and rburly like this.
  18. Grant

Yup. I stopped watching two weeks ago. Why? I can't put my finger on it, but it's the houseguests in there this year. Boring, cliched, and predictable. And, they keep bringing back the ex marine and his chihuahua.

rburly likes this.
  19. Dark Mavis

Dark Mavis Local Congressman

Well, I guess my suspicions were confirmed. I didn't watch a second of it this year after being turned-off so bad by last season. I knew they couldn't resist returning to the "snapshot of modern America's grotesqueness" of that pathetic couple.

Grant likes this.
  20. Lonson

My wife and I are still watching. Not one of the best seasons, typical of most recent ones. One of the two "teams" was particularly gullible and stupid and has been picked off one by one by the other group led by a mean girl and a surfer lifeguard who is playing everyone.

The only really interesting thing is that even when they have the head of household the gullible moronic team has been picked off one by one, they've even been manipulated into nominating and getting evicted their own members!

Only one really attractive gal (Haleigh) remains. I don't find Angela, the mean girl fitness model, very attractive.

DaveySR and Grant like this.
  21. Grant

That's the thing! When the underdog side of the house gets into power, they don't take advantage of it. They make stupid mistakes and get sidetracked, and are easily manipulated, while Tyler laughs his way all the way to the final two. Kaitlyn had what, two chances to flip things around, and got sidetracked both times. Even Baileigh had a chance to get revenge and didn't use it. And, they all talk too much. If I had a game-changing power, no way I would tell anyone!

I hope their ratings dropped bigtime this year so that the the producers and casting will be forced to make some changes next year, because this formula got old a long time ago. I'm even starting to miss the "Ba-da-dada-da-da-da!" with the clanging skillets from last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.