Big Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by pjrashid, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjrashid

pjrashid New Member Thread Starter

Message for Steve:

I'm new to the forum, but I have enjoyed the sound of your mastering for quite some time. I noticed that you like big speakers vs. the little ones. I can't agree more. I've owned a pair of Klipschorns for some time now, and I must admit that your cds sound like your'e in a live performance, no matter what the sound level and no matter what room your'e in! Just wanted to let you know....thanks and keep up the great work!

Peter

2. mazort

mazort New Member

Size matters...

...except in composers.

3. sgb

sgb Senior Member

I keep telling my wife that it's not how big your pen is, it's how you sign your name.

4. Paul L.

Paul L. New Member

5. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

You know it's funny how you can easily be misled by a bad experience. Years ago I was at a massive stereo show. When the Klipsh dealer cranked it, he drown out ALL the other vendors. That was quite a feat and ever since then I've shuddered when I heard the name!

Then I met this audiophile who runs a store and eventually went to his place. He had Altec horns and Klipschorns. Driven with 8 watt tube amps. Wow, impressive! Crystal clear, great definition, depth, etc. I could not believe they were EIGHT watt amps!

Now I regret passing up a pair of K horn speakers last year. Smaller ones, though. His Klipschorns were over 5 feet high!

*sigh* Will changing, upgrading, trying different things out ever end?

Probably not!

:D

6. pjrashid

pjrashid New Member Thread Starter

Paul,

Thanks for the info on the amp shoot-out in Lima...not far from my homestate of Michigan...cool!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.