DCC Archive Big Star Radio City!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris M, Dec 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

One of my favorite LP's ever. Great songs and a wonderful production. Chilton's guitar sound is jangle pop heaven. I would bet that the Big Star stuff would be easy to license owing to the fact that some small labels have put out Big Star live stuff in the past (Norton records.) The Ace CD sounds alright but it needs a little of Steve's tube magic. Ditto Ryko's Sister Lover, IMO one of the most emotially wrenching LP's ever and a wonderfully produced record. If DCC could get these I would think they would sell like hotcakes. :p

Chris

2. Unknown

Unknown Guest

The Fantasy two-fer city sounds pretty good to me, though I'm sure Steve could improve upon it.

3. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

Oops I said Ace in my initial post. I meant Stax/Fantasy. Yeah, it does sound pretty good. No nasty noise reduction that I can detect. In was trying to think of something that should be easy to license and would be a big seller. The Big Star stuff seems to fit the bill. FWIW there are some great outtakes of the sessions for the first 2 LP's doing the rounds. Highlights are Alex sung band versions of songs that appeared on Chris Bell's solo collection. I've heard that there were/are negotions to get these outtakes released on a small label soon :D :D :D

Chris

N.P. Big Star, What's Going Ahn

4. FabFourFan

FabFourFan Senior Member

The Big Star two-fer I have is from Ace / Big Beat, CD made by Nimbus in England, obtained 5/87.

I haven't played it recently enough, though, to comment on the sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.