Bill Levenson current ABB (Allman Brothers Band) mastering session *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RiRiIII, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

If that's the case, I'll pass. Fun to guess though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

We have that already :)

Kingsley Fats likes this.
  3. pool_of_tears

Yep, it’s fun to guess, for sure. I’m hoping it’s something vintage, yet post-Duane. Don’t get me wrong, the original band was/is great, but there are other great periods that get overlooked

4. Myke

Sounds like he already knows that, by saying 4 CD Instant Live. I'm certain he means a polished-up version.

allbrosca and pocofan like this.
  5. pool_of_tears

That could very well be what he means

6. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

I'm up for the final shows. I don't have any live documentation from that period and it would make sense from an archival/anniversary standpoint. Especially if they released it in the same timeframe as a vintage show.

7. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I'm sure a release from shows of the final years of ABB would be excellent. But there are so many releases from that era I'm guessing the next release will be from something further back in time. At least that's what I'm hoping for :).

8. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Too bad they didn't film the final shows for a documentary/concert release. If done right that could have been amazing. If this band had even semi-decent management they could have had even more recognition and success than they actually had.

I would love to see shows from every tour released (Even 80-81) and a compilation of all of the songs played live in the final years that never made it to an album. You could piece Egypt, Bag End, Dusk Till Dawn, Spots of Time and some of the covers like Rain, Kind of Bird, Long Black Veil and others into a great final album.

9. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

?

The Allman Brothers Band: 2014 | Munck Music

10. Myke

11. John Rhett Thomas

12. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

That is what I meant. Like the Fox Box, although I did not buy that since I have the Instant Lives. If there are high quality Duane shows that haven't been circulated, I would prefer that. Later day shows are easily available through the Instant Lives.

13. John Rhett Thomas

Right, totally understand, but there's a general audience beyond the scope of Instant Live and it would seem like the final ABB shows would easily graduate to a general release. They're historically significant shows worthy of a much bigger treatment. Or maybe I'm wrong.

14. WarEagleRK

I never picked up the Fox Box because I had the original version. I didn't like that to save space on the retail version they eliminated one CD by cutting an IMOER in the middle spread it across two discs.

15. WarEagleRK

Had they put it out within a year of the final show, or right after Gregg died then it would have been a pretty big releases. The passage of time will cause the causal fan to not worry about it at all.

rockclassics likes this.
  16. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Agree. It should have been an official release in less than a year after the show. I certainly would have bought it if they had done this.

17. mesfen

mesfen Senior Member

I think most Munck cd releases are cdrs, but has anyone purchased flac hd downloads from these guys? Ive been setting on the fence regarding the last show hoping one day the final show will get released; i surely thought that this would've been released by now.

18. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

I wonder if the 40th anniversary shows will get more expansive Bluray release. They had some terrific guests artists (especially the 2 nights with Clapton) and a pro-crew filming all nights (streamed on their Moogis service). Only the bands 40th anniversary made video release and that too only SD DVD.

rockclassics likes this.
  19. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I wonder how difficult.it would be to get clearance from the record labels to release the shows with special guests? That may be the issue.

20. WarEagleRK

I did get the Moogis 40th Anniversary package and greatly enjoyed it. I don't remember if Moogis was in HD or not.

21. WarEagleRK

That is an expensive issue. I htink that's why they only released the actual anniversary show since it didn't have any guests. However, with typical ABB management fashion they did it 4 years after the 40th Anniversary.

rockclassics likes this.
  22. crossroads69

They did release all shows on audio & so there was some label/contractual agreements made for the guest artists. They were also streamed on video so hopefully that’s not the constraint to Bluray release.

23. allbrosca

allbrosca Dancing Madly Backwards

I recall hearing something to the effect that the quality of the moogis video was too low definition for a dvd or bluray. Not sure what can be done to remedy that.

24. crossroads69

I assumed the bad quality was only for the streaming platform. If the actual filming quality was bad, then that’s a pretty poor decision by ABB management.

25. MrSka57

MrSka57 Forum Resident

Beacon Theater 2009!

rockclassics likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.