Binders that don't damage CDs?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Nostradamus, Nov 24, 2021 at 8:23 PM.

1. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Forum Resident Thread Starter

So after a bad run in with a batch of CDs that has been kept in a binder and we're irreparably ****ed from doing so - bad scratches, marks all over and generally crap I'm wondering if anyone knows recommendations for binders that don't damage the discs, and a good way of storing the inserts and booklets?

2. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

3. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

I have mine in case logic binders; after I ripped them, I don't ever have a need to remove them again. Still have a lot more CDs I need to put into the binders.

4. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

It's not a traditional binder, but something that works well for me is a DiscGear CD* Carrying Case. It is designed to hold 20 CDs** and do it in a way where they won't be scratched.

It is a two-sided carrying case, with each side having 10 slots for CDs. The case itself is made of a tough plastic that can take significant damage and protects the CDs within it. It makes it easy to take my CDs with me and I can toss it on the floor my car without worrying about damaging the CDs.

Each CD slot is made of a soft cloth material. When you open the case the slots fold open like an accordion and the CD just drops into a slot. When the case is closed the CDs are firmly held in place. You can easily remove a CD from the case by holding it by the edge.

The case, when closed, is about 3 inches thick and about 1 inch wider than a CD, and has two locking latches (one for each side) that prevents it from accidentally opening.

*It can be used to carry any CD-sized discs, such as DVDs and video game discs.

**There are other sized cases available but I have two of these. I liked my first case so much that I recently bought another one when I was considering going back to using a portable CD player for my music.

5. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I have used these for well over decade at this point and they have never, ever damaged a CD.

I don't recommend binders of any type unless you don't care about the discs, or need something for CD-R copies you play in the car.

Sorry, just the way it is.

Rich-n-Roll likes this.
  6. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

Yep there great and best part they're in my home state