Bitches Brew in Multichannel*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OldJohnRobertson, Apr 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Amazon Japan has it too: http://amzn.asia/d/7jUyqTX

I've ordered many SHM-SACDs and Japanese-exclusive SACDs from them over the years without issue. Packing is excellent, and shipping is fast (you don't have another option).

jfeldt likes this.
  2. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

3. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

JediJoker and Bill Mac like this.
  4. HDOM

HDOM Well-Known Member

I see any way , i guess i skipp, im not so much interested in Miles 70's or latter albums:D

5. Batfish

Batfish Forum Resident

6. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

I don't know what that is but I guess that I'll google it later to find out.

7. giantleech

quicksrt likes this.
  8. marcb

marcb Senior Member

It’s one of ImportCDs buy 2 or more, get 15+% off (or at least it was last week). I got it last week and piggybacked it with a 10% ebay bucks offer. So about $46 w/ free s&h..

9. giantleech

Any sort of code needed to get (or have gotten) this deal?

10. giantleech

Is there any news anywhere of the possibility of the multichannel (Quad) mix of Live Evil ever getting this Japanese SACD treatment? This I want to have!

11. fredblue

fredblue Surrounded by Music

not yet

12. giantleech

Lord, please make this release happen someday (Live Evil is my favorite Davis album.)

fredblue likes this.
  13. Dr. Mudd

Dr. Mudd Audient

Just ordered. My first Japanese SACD!

GerryO, quicksrt and Lonson like this.
  14. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

They've been having it for quite a while now, not coming soon. One had to spend $50 to get it which was no problem with the Japan Brew set.

I ordered last week from Importcd. Should arrive in another week or so.

Very excited about this. If I don't like it, resale will be an easy recoup round these parts.

15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I wish I could say that :help:. Hold on to your wallet if you get really interested in Japanese SACDs and SACDs in general!
    Whenever importcds had their 10% off sale in the past there was no need to spend $50 to get the discount. At least in my experiences when buying from importcds when the 10% discount was available. If I recall they do the 10% discount a few times a year normally around the same time of year.

16. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Anyway I got the discount and did not have to wait for it was the point. Previous poster was informing us of an upcoming discount - which I got right off the bet with no wait. That was the point. Since the disc is over $50 nothing else is relevant right.

PS did you unload your "Wired" Japanese SACD that you did not like?

17. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

How to activate it? I would like to buy some stuff from them over $50.
    Usually I am getting emails from them about coupons or it is on their home page. Don't see anything now.

18. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Yes it was on home page - top left thingy

19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

No. But you have to receive an invitation from ebay on the ebay bucks.

ImportCDs runs deals frequently -because otherwise their prices generally aren’t competitive. And you generally need to be able stack them with a separate eBay offer to make them particularly enticing.

You’ll see the discount deal indicated on the ebay listing - just put qualifying items into your cart and the discount is automatically taken at checkout.

20. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

We must have different home pages then.

21. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I just went to the importcds home page and do not see any mention of a 10% discount. Can you post a link to the discount so those that aren't seeing it can get the discount. Thanks :)!

As much as I don't care for the Jeff Beck Wired JSACD multichannel mix I'm keeping it. I rarely sell any music unless I have multiple copies.
    Below is a link to the importcds home page. Not sure what you mean by the "top left thingy" :confused:.

ImportCDs.com: Online Shopping For CD, DVD, Vinyl, Blu-ray, Games and More

22. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

It was a deal through 10/31

I don't recall exactly where on the page I saw it, or if I got it over at QQ forums.

23. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Not to derail the thread, but ImportCDs runs a site-wide 10% sale 2-3 times a year. Those sales usually last 9-10 days, and include pre-orders! I see from my e-mail archive that I placed two large orders on Nov. 20 last year -- although I always have a mental list of things I'm interested in, I take my time to ensure that a better deal (e.g., Amazon) does not get posted to the Forum. As a result, I tend to order close to the end of the sale, so I would expect this year's sale to start very soon. I also split orders between in-stock items, back-ordered and pre-orders to ensure no delivery hold-ups. (I see I did two further orders on Dec. 6th in another 10% sale, but I'm not sure whether that is an annual thing like the Nov. sale. The next sale after that was in June this year.)

In addition, ImportCDs runs more limited sales throughout the year (genre sale, boxset sale, etc.)

Finally, as I have learned from the Deals section of the Forum, they have separate offers which they run through eBay. There is a separate thread about that here:

ImportCDs 20% off $60+ orders

quicksrt and Bill Mac like this.
  24. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

No offense but you made it seem like the 10% discount at importcds was going on now not last month. Could it have been another internet seller not importcds? I ask as importcds clearly displays when sales are going on right on their home page. Seems a bit vague IMO.

25. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

I've learned to like it for what it is: unusual.

The real attraction on Wired is the stereo layer. This, and in my case Rough And Ready and Bitches Brew, are distinctly more full-bodied on the 2ch side than any other versions I've heard.

I'm tempted to go after other Sony Japan titles such as Lotus and Blow By Blow, but I just can't afford em.

Now back to your thread...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.