Björk - "Fossora" - new album September 30, 2022*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by englishbob, Aug 19, 2022.

1. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Her vaginal artwork game is strong.

Tristero and GentleSenator like this.
  2. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Super cool that she hired the Stars Wars Cantina Band for the new single!

3. NoYesMaybe

NoYesMaybe Forum Resident

Love the new song... The video, not so much... I guess I am getting old!

:shrug:

4. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Figured I’d missed the last couple of Bjork albums; turns out I stopped after Medulla, for no reason, what the hell.

:hide:

So I’ve got some catching up to do (though doubt I’ll bother with the live and remix albums).

5. NoYesMaybe

Vulnicura is one great (sad) album and is up there with Homogenic and Vespertine.

6. DesertHermit

DesertHermit Now an UrbanHermit

I love the new single and think the video is spectacular. I was happy to hear such heavy, tribal and almost industrial beats and her vocal is wonderful. It definitely sounds more like a lot of Biophilia than her last two albums, which is fine by me!

steviebee, pinkrudy and m00nb34m5 like this.
  7. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023 Thread Starter

I wonder which producer she has been working with on this albums material. I think the Arca collab reached it's conclusion on the last album, don't really want a return there

m00nb34m5 likes this.
  8. m00nb34m5

m00nb34m5 Down in the Streetlight

I love the new song and the video björk never seems to show her face now though which is a shame. I mean there are always masks or in this case a crazy amount of makeup. Maybe she's conscious of getting older I saw someone suggest that as the reason.

NoYesMaybe and pinkrudy like this.
  9. FrankieMax

FrankieMax Autumn winds, Blowing outside the window...

Clicked on the Video earlier, really like the song. Was a fan of her stuff up to Greatest Hits, then I sort of trailed off following her music.

I love 'atopos' quite pertinent lyrics, interesting musical texture... And that last 40 secs or so! As they say in Manchester, 'Av itt!' haha.

croquetlawns likes this.
  10. Mirror Image

Mirror Image Forum Resident

If this is the case then she's more vain than I thought. Artists like her I'd imagine don't care anything about that, but, of course, we don't know the real reason. She seems more concerned about the music and giving her all in a performance, then such superficial things.

Here's a photo of her in 2019:

[​IMG]

m00nb34m5 likes this.
  11. m00nb34m5

Well it's nice to see her without the masks thanks for the photograph. I agree that she doesn't seem the type but I don't think it necessarily makes her vain some people just struggle with getting older and it must be harder when you're in the public eye. I suppose lots of rock stars end up having cosmetic surgery and so we are almost surprised when we see someone looking their age. A few weeks ago my mum commented on Kylie minogue looking old when she actually looks great for a woman in her 50s just older than she did 20 years ago..

rfkavanagh and Mirror Image like this.
  12. petercw2

petercw2 Forum Resident

I firmly believe this video to be the definitive application for when Earth experiences First Contact, that Bjork - and only Bjork - should be the person sent to engage and insure humanity's survival.

13. fairaintfair

fairaintfair I Buried Paul

Lol. I'm afraid of the opposite in this scenario.

14. NoYesMaybe

That's what I thought too. It's not because that she is more talented than most that she isn't an aging woman in the public eye... While I think as men we can understand, I don't think we really understand and feel the weight of being a women, and always being reduce to being some sort of object of desire for guys eyes...

But yes, I too thought maybe that whole extreme look is a way of going sideways about aging...

I also thought the beginning of the video was, perhaps, a slight parody of Madonna lately with the breast out and the crazy dance and look...

:pineapple:

Steven and m00nb34m5 like this.
  15. Fruff76

Fruff76 L100 Classic - Fan Club President

I’m periodically listening to it and it’s growing on me.

16. Jonathan Halen

Jonathan Halen Forum Resident

Music video for ovule

17. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

Atopos sounds like Bjork's take on Bowie's Blackstar instrumentation. Love it.

alek2702 and GregorSamsa like this.
  18. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

This song is much better to me. it actually has melody in it.

croquetlawns and pghmusiclover like this.
  19. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

I want to see a video of the sax section when they were showed their outifts.

"Congratulations! You got the gig. Here is your suit"

20. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I liked this new one better too!

pinkrudy likes this.
  21. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

Both of these tracks are great. The end of the month can't arrive soon enough.

DesertHermit, alek2702 and Flaevius like this.
  22. m00nb34m5

Underwhelmed by the new song loved atopos straight away maybe this will grow on me over time I think the music video is beautiful though :)

FrankieMax likes this.
  23. FrankieMax

FrankieMax Autumn winds, Blowing outside the window...

The new MV for 'ancestress'

Loved atopos straight away, as beautiful as the new song and video is I think it will be a grower too. Looking forward to the new album ‘fossora’ next week though.

gd0, croquetlawns, englishbob and 5 others like this.
  24. NoYesMaybe

This one I like very much!

FrankieMax likes this.
  25. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

I'm trying not to listen to any more singles until the album drops. It's really hard to resist, though!

bgod likes this.