Black Country Communion . . . They're Back

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by segue, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

2. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

3. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

The only catch is that Jason Bonham said they were going to be recording it in January this year!
    Jason Bonham says Black Country Communion will return to studio in January

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Just realised the 2021 date now! My mind obviously hit a blank earlier and I assumed it was this coming January.
    I wonder is it a mistake on Glenn's part? It seems odd to plan that far ahead but you never know.

Matthew Tate and Bonddm like this.
  5. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

6. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

So much for Hughes claiming in interviews a while back that BCC would be the last band he would be a part of!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Around 20 minutes in, Sherinian mentions that BCC are planning to record a new album in 2021. I’d given up on it ever happening once Hughes joined The Dead Daisies, but Sherinian sounds pretty confident that it will.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    slipkid, Matthew Tate, Ivand and 2 others like this.
  8. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

Once BCC 4 was out and did pretty well, I think that's always been the plan. (both Hughes and JB have hinted at this several times)
    Difference now is that they treat it like a little side project, whereas from BCC 1 through 3 and the subsequent implosion, that was not the case. Glenn wanted the band to work more, as did Bonham. (dunno about Derek on this) JB was not going to slow down his successfull solo career, so it ended in a break up.

BCC4 (a strong album imo) was followed by a grand total of three gigs, and I'm sure the same pattern will be repeated. A new album, and a short tour. Maybe more than 3 gigs, but certainly not an extensive tour

Matthew Tate, Bonddm and Ivand like this.
  9. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Yes, come to think of it, I saw an interview with Glenn which I’m pretty sure was conducted after he joined The Dead Daisies, during which he mentioned recording a new BCC album. The only thing that makes me still have some doubts is that the recording sessions for album 5 were originally scheduled for January, 2019 (see Jason interview a few posts up-thread), then I think either Joe or Glenn mentioned early-2020 and now it’s sometime in 2021!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

11. paradox55

paradox55 Forum Resident

Just discovering BCC after recently enjoying the latest Dead Daisies album. Curious of everyone’s top 5 BCC tracks.

Curveboy and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

let me think about it. i haven't played the albums in awhile

paradox55 likes this.
  13. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

Maybe not in any particular order:

Man in the middle
    Faithless
    Smokestack Woman
    The Giver
    Common Man

Encore (like BCC too much for only 5 tracks)

The Outsider
    Medusa or Black Country

Matthew Tate and paradox55 like this.
  14. Daniel Falaschi

BCC is the greatest thing that happened to classic rock post- 2000.
    By the way, try the California Breed album as well. Some very good things there as well.

15. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Anyone still holding out any hope that we’ll see a 5th studio album?
    They seem to push back the planned recording of it year after year, to the point I reckon it’s never gonna happen.

16. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

I think it will happen

I think they want to do it like they did the previous albums; all together in a room over a short period of time. And maybe not everyone is too keen on that idea given the current situation...

17. Daniel Falaschi

I seem to remember a recent GH interview where he said he and Joe had been making plans for the next album, and he even said more or less when it would be recorded.

Bonddm and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

I saw today that Bonamassa has just completed his next solo album, so hopefully there is a possibility of BCC getting into the studio sometime this year, or early next.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
    paradox55, Matthew Tate and tinnox like this.
  19. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

We will see with Glen going on tour with the Dead Daisies

20. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Yes, they have a lot of dates coming up, I just noticed.

Upcoming shows - The Dead Daisies

21. paradox55

paradox55 Forum Resident

Great album! One of my favorites of the year thus far.

22. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yup. That and the Smith/Kotzen are up there as the best of 2021 so far for me.

23. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Looking at the Hughes and Bonamassa schedules, the second part of December and January are looking like the best bet for any BCC activity.

tinnox and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. MYQ1

MYQ1 Forum Resident

Watching the Live Over Europe Blu-ray now.
    Almost superb*

*Anamorphic aspect ratio :thumbsdow

25. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Kevin Shirley mentioned on Facebook today that he wants to remix it.

“I’ve produced and/or mixed a lot of live albums in my career. It’s a different mindset as it needs to represent a different artistic aesthetic. Live performance vs artistic. These are some of them - of course Deep Purple was a remix (and I’d like to redo BCC Live Over Europe)! How many have you heard, and do you have a favorite?”

MYQ1 likes this.