Black Crowes- Lost Crowes coming on colored vinyl June 7th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jack, May 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eetu

eetu Forum Resident

Being a fan of this band can't be so frustrating. I suspect this careless release has something to do with fulfilling contractual obligations. Still, looking forward to receiving my copy.

painted8 likes this.
  2. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Indeed. The typography for the song titles and spine is awful. I guess that whoever who did that was trying to mimic the wonderful original one, but man, it's hideous. I just don't get why "Lost Crowes" is not in the main sleeve, then put the Tall one inside the gatefold. It's not that hard, right?

3. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Re-reading Dennis Cook’s liner notes for the first time in a decade probably and... they are so pretentious. I’d forgotten.

nbadge and painted8 like this.
  4. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

So is the jacket like a triple panel gatefold?

5. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Still haven't gotten my Bullmoose shipping confirmation... getting worried.
    (like, the Dylan set I ordered from them that's also releasing today at least says "item packaged" on my accounts page, my Lost Crowes order just says "order received")
    Hopefully it's just a slight delay.

And you guys that have it - make with the sound quality impressions already!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Vinyl_Blues and ODShowtime like this.
  6. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I guess I never realized this was limited to 1000 copies. I’m guessing Acoustic Sounds will never fill my order. I’ll be OK. Maybe I’ll just go spin Croweology.

7. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Yes.

I’ve listened to sides C and D, which is the first half of Tall and it sounded OK. Not too dissimilar to the CD, still congested but maybe less loud. I couldn’t play it loud though as I’m listening out for the door buzzer as the Dylan set and Neil Young’s Tuscaloosa are out for delivery.

8. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Same here. If these guys don't deliver on this, I'm done with them. I ordered this the day it went up and I've already had a couple pre-orders through them go unfulfilled in the past.

Rockin' Robby and Vinyl_Blues like this.
  9. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Oh no, you have? I've had good luck with them so far. Since they shut down pre-orders pretty early, I assumed they were pretty good at fulfilling them. But the fact that it hasn't moved yet is certainly concerting, considering they tend to ship pre-orders a little early, not to mention how some say their orders are already shipped.

ODShowtime likes this.
  10. soulshine68

soulshine68 Forum Resident

Ordered from my local record shop moments after I saw this post. Called today and was told order was cancelled. What a drag.

s~s

Johnny Wong likes this.
  11. Dreaddazzman

Yeah, I have. That said, I ordered this from them because people who ordered BTF from them seemed to be getting it, while my local had trouble getting copies. So, I guess we'll see. They could be backed up with orders, but it's not encouraging to have radio silence while others recieving shipping notices.

As I mentioned earlier, this seems to be a complete repeat of the BTF situation.

12. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I had no issues with getting BTF from BM, I didn't even pre-order it all that early.

13. Jack

Jack Senior Member Thread Starter

Bull Moose is filling orders in the order received. If you waited, chances are you won’t get it as they didn’t get their full allotment from their supplier.

14. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

My friendly neighborhood local indie store had 3 copies. Mine was #412 of 1,000. Priced at $49.99, couldnt resist since I missed out on BTF a few months back. Wasnt about to snooze on this one. Even Plaid Room Records was sold out already this morning.

15. Dreaddazzman

Welp, Bullmoose just charged my card, so that’s good news. Good luck to the rest of you that are waiting.

16. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

srcvinyl sent me shipping confirmation/tracking this morning

17. thewho

thewho Forum Resident

Somehow missed this one... if anyone was able to snag an extra copy please let me know!

18. soulshine68

soulshine68 Forum Resident

Another local shop advised they have 5 coming in Monday! Keeping other order going just in case. If I end up with an extra I'll post on here.

s~s

19. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

I did order mine the day (or the day after) it wen up.
    Maybe like other stores mentioned, BM might be getting more on Monday... [fingers_crossed]

20. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

I preorderd it form jpc in Germany. Haven’t heard anything yet. Fingers crossed...

inglorious likes this.
  21. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

I called bullmoose and they said they have only received 1/3 of their pre-order so far. They said there has been no word from their supplier that they won't receive the rest and that there is no reason for concern YET.
    I was told I have about 50 people in front of me and that there were pre orders arriving today that could include more stock of the item.
    So we'll see

ODShowtime likes this.
  22. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

I was out getting the new Neil Young today and my local shop got one copy...60/1000 for $48...I have it on hold, would I be a fool not to buy it? Will listen again to my CD again today, never paid much attention to this album...

23. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

My B&N is backordered. I'll wait for SQ reviews to see if this thing is a big improvement over the CDs to search for another copy or even pay first flipper prices, I don't mind if that's the case. Otherwise, I'm going to cancel even the B&N order. I won't spend a nickel on a bigger disc careless done with lots of typos, wrong labels, etc.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  24. inglorious

inglorious Forum Resident

Yeah me too. They came through on Before The Frost, hoping they will again, for this.

Beaker73 likes this.
  25. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Same on all accounts.

Dreaddazzman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.