Black Crowes- Lost Crowes coming on colored vinyl June 7th

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jack, May 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Why fix that? Everybody seems happy about it. Man, if this were not limited and in black vinyl... debacle I would hear here.

Mind you, BTF was also in color vinyl. 2LP gatefold (with inners), list price $19,95. This is a 3LP, just with an extra pocket in the gatefold, list price $49,95. And everybody’s willing and happy to pay that. But listen, Croweology was selling for less than $35 for months. A year IIRC. No rush! Now they can make a reissue, sell it for $55 and it will be sold out in hours. Why would the company worry about typos, labels, etc.? Just put wrong labels, do whatever you want and you will sell it. Just because it’s vinyl and it’s limited. Crazy world.

Wiserforthetime likes this.
  2. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

Yeah that's about what the world has become. It's sad. I guess I'm one of the crazy ones who would rather have black vinyl, no typos, correct labels and pay about $30 but this did sell out fast so what do I know.
    I had to pick one up off discogs since my bullmoose order fell through. So I had to pay even more than the $46.97

3. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Yeah, it is pretty lame that one more disc more than doubles the price compared to BTF. I would hope that extra price maybe went to cover the cost of a new analog master, but I doubt it.

Mine did show up today. Small crease in bottom right corner during shipping, but not too bad. Not worth exchanging even if there were extra copies to exchange with.

Listening to it now, and yeah, pressing is great (flat/clean/quiet), and the mastering sounds really good to me - not too loud, not too quiet, great DR - you can crank it (just not too much). Some songs sound better than others - but that's just probably the source. Can't tell if it's analog or digital, but I would guess digital.

Mine is #721 - wonder if whoever gets #420 will sell it for weed....

4. Wiserforthetime

Who has posted the lowest number so far?

5. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

I’d bet a Coke that all three of them had no idea this was even being released! Lol.

6. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Mine is 35.

7. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Don't think Acoustic Sounds is filling orders either. Mine is still on hold so guessing they wont be getting more.

Jim

8. Bigdz68

Bigdz68 Forum Resident

Keep your eyes on discord! I found a copy today for $53. Kudos to the store that put it up without gouging! There is one on eBay from a store that participates in RSD and it is currently around $200. Hopefully RSD gets wind of it and drops him as a store for next year....it's not like the guy waited a year. Probably pulled it right off the shelf and straight to the Bay

Vinyl_Blues, JasonA and mick_sh like this.
  9. dewiecox

dewiecox Forum Resident

#94...looks pretty good, from Collectors Choice. Would’ve been pristine with heavier card stock. Spine didn’t stand a chance.

Preorder with Zia is still showing “Order Received”. I just ordered last week so I’m guessing they just haven’t made it through the list to cancel me yet.

10. webdoggy

webdoggy Well-Known Member

Zia told me there was an influx of orders last week and their site couldn’t update fast enough to update stock but they expect more copies to arrive. Not holding my breath.

11. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Wow, just got my shipping notice from JPC.de. Wasn't expecting that, considering the comments above.

inglorious likes this.
  12. wiseblood

wiseblood Forum Resident

100% agreed.

Bull Moose is pretty amazing with the way they handle their business and I especially like the way they handle their shipping. Everything I get from them is always packed properly and they seem to really give a crap about getting you your purchased items in really wonderful shape. Never had a problem with them.

I think with this release they had their hands tied. I almost made the drive up to Portland last weekend to get the last one they had in stock by my weekend was so backed up with nonsense. This is so ridiculous that it's in such a limited run. The Black Crowes camp knows that while the fanbase is probably small, they are certainly hard core. I mean, we have a database available to us of setlists and YouTube accounts of full shows from over 20 years ago, not to mention the ferocious trading scene there once was to get nearly everything they ever did live.

This release sucks with its limited number.

Bigdz68, Rocketdog and Graham like this.
  13. dewiecox

dewiecox Forum Resident

Zia order was cancelled. No email or response to my inquiry, just a change of the status on the order page.

14. jammincrowe

jammincrowe Forum Resident

Amazon cancelled my order two days ago : (

15. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

For those of you in the EU who really want this, there's a Discogs seller with 3 copies, 90€ + 10€ shipping. Not bad all things considered. I think JPC/WOW were about 64-66€ shipped.

16. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

No 385 arrived here yesterday.

Whilst I've not had the chance to listen yet, the vinyl looks fantastic, but I can see why the naming mistakes on the back cover tracklisting have happened.

Whoever was in charge has taken the inner artwork and not understood it -

In the font used for Tall, the '4' in Thunderstorm looks to the uninitiated like a '9'. To be fair, the record label is consistent with the cover, so it's not a one-off mistake.

and on the black and white inner sleeve for Band, the only track which isn't listed with a numeral alongside is? Yep - Grinnin'. So it looks like 7. Lifevest eight Grinnin' on the back cover too.

Maybe they'll reissue and get it right and this edition will go for an even more ludicrous price ...

17. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

It's gonna be all about the sound and mastering for me. If it's a good pressing quality, quiet vinyl, and sound beats the CD than I'm happy. The cover itself will look nicely displayed in the man cave.

18. Wiserforthetime

#519 just arrived. It looks great, no spine or corner damage like I been hearing/seeing on others.

19. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

No 801 just arrived at my door. Records don’t have as much splatter as on the pictures Tinnox posted earlier, but frankly, dear, I don’t give darn about that. Sleeve is undamaged, well packaged by JPC. Will give it a spin tonight.

tinnox likes this.
  20. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Looking forward to some more sound quality reviews!:agree:

21. There hasn't been much of that yet.

22. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Here's the DR from a needledrop I made, anticipating that as soon as I post this, someone will chime in about how DR reports don't matter for vinyl...:hide:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR Peak RMS Filename
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR9 -1.11 dB -11.19 dB 01 A Conspiracy.aiff
    DR8 -2.02 dB -11.80 dB 02 Evil Eye.aiff
    DR9 -2.02 dB -13.50 dB 03 Cursed Diamond.aiff
    DR9 -1.90 dB -11.82 dB 04 London P25.aiff
    DR10 -1.61 dB -12.64 dB 05 Dirty Hair Halo.aiff
    DR10 -1.66 dB -13.60 dB 06 Hi-Head Blues.aiff
    DR9 -1.12 dB -12.35 dB 07 Feathers.aiff
    DR9 -2.02 dB -12.03 dB 08 Nonfiction.aiff
    DR10 -1.15 dB -12.68 dB 09 Tied Up And Swallowed.aiff
    DR9 -1.48 dB -11.95 dB 10 Wiser Time.aiff
    DR10 -1.71 dB -13.90 dB 11 Sunday Buttermilk Waltz.aiff
    DR9 -1.10 dB -12.60 dB 12 Descending.aiff
    DR9 -1.33 dB -11.89 dB 13 Lowdown.aiff
    DR11 -4.90 dB -18.08 dB 14 Tornado.aiff
    DR8 -1.81 dB -11.54 dB 15 Songs Of The Flesh.aiff
    DR9 -1.20 dB -13.75 dB 16 Thunderstorm 654.aiff
    DR9 -1.17 dB -11.34 dB 17 Paint An 8.aiff
    DR9 -1.23 dB -11.64 dB 18 Another Roadside Tragedy.aiff
    DR9 -1.53 dB -11.73 dB 19 If It Ever Stops Raining.aiff
    DR9 -2.37 dB -12.43 dB 20 Wyoming And Me.aiff
    DR9 -2.02 dB -11.89 dB 21 Predictable.aiff
    DR9 -2.30 dB -12.68 dB 22 Never Forget This Song.aiff
    DR10 -1.10 dB -12.78 dB 23 Lifevest.aiff
    DR9 -2.21 dB -12.14 dB 24 Grinnin.aiff
    DR9 -2.62 dB -13.51 dB 25 My Heart's Killing Me.aiff
    DR9 -2.88 dB -12.32 dB 26 Peace Anyway.aiff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Number of files: 26
    Official DR value: DR9

======================================================

23. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

DR9 vinyl... looks like the same compressed master as the CD. But in pretty colored vinyl. That makes a huge difference in sound quality, of course.

Rockin' Robby likes this.
  24. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

Well the CD is DR6

25. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Yes. I mean that you usually get a couple more points for the DR rating when analyzing a vinyl rip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.