Black Friday Record Store Day 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Amnesiac, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Only interested in the Zombies Dbl. LP so far.

2. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

The NIN set looks cool. Also, is Love and Mercy only on vinyl? I was hoping for a CD at some point, although not as an RSD exclusive.

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like the Love and Mercy CD is coming Sept. 18, the same week as the DVD release.

3. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Nothing that interests me

4. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

I don't even collect the Barfko-Swill custom Zappa archival stuff, but that's only because I deplore dealing with them, Gail Zappa, and their insane shipping costs; that said, I'll buy the Zappa just because it'll be there in front of me and I can avoid all the nonsense I just listed!

danner and AZRunner like this.
  5. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

Here's a timeline I found. Looks like we'll get the official list on October 27. (http://a2im.org/news/record-store-day-black-friday-2015-timeline/)

June 23rd: Details on all RSD Black Friday titles are presented for approval.

July 14th: The final list of Black Friday titles/quantities are locked in.

August 12th: All artwork is due. Both high res and low res images are emailed to [RSD executives' email addresses deleted]

September 1st: All RSD/Black Friday products must be in production; spreadsheet for all titles included in the Black Friday campaign are provided.

October 23rd: RSD/Black Friday product ships to onestops, approved distributors, and international partners.

October 27th: RSD releases the official list to the public. (Any artists wishing to announce first should do so prior to October 27.)

November 27th: Participating RSD stores in the USA/Canada and Europe celebrate Black Friday.

mep likes this.
  6. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Early 2016 will see a release of a posthumous S7B album featuring all the material Benjamin was working on when he was sick. There's a few non-album tracks that are ot there that really need to compiled in a single spot and be widely available.

Arkay_East likes this.
  7. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Yeah his body of work is pretty big and not much of it is readily available. I'd like to have the Secret Machines albums as well as his records with Tripping Daisy and UFOFU, not to mention S7B.

8. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

I'm in for the Zappa. The NIN looks cool, but not $112 cool. Looking forward to the full list, I'm sure there will be much more to buy.

9. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Looking forward to the Kinks singles and the Zombies BBC sessions. Hoping the updated list contains a few more selections from the '90s.

10. jimjim

jimjim Forum Resident

Bowie always puts out something for these days. I hope it'll be a reissue of the Holy Holy 45 to tie in with the box set...

11. PsychGuy

PsychGuy Forum Resident

12. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

Lots of cool stuff so far - Spoon, Kinks, Les Paul, Get Up Kids, Zombies...

13. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Hoping to hear Blind Melon's Soup vinyl reissue as an offering.

14. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

Was very excited to learn yesterday that The Cardigans' Long Gone Before Daylight is getting a release for Black Friday.

JMAC, bootbox, LeeGriffin and 2 others like this.
  15. Nothing on this list has me too excited, but if things go as usual I expect I'll end up with one or two of them anyway. :)

16. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Love & Mercy and The Zombies BBC Sessions are must-have items in this household. (Will prolly get the Les Paul Christmas too!)

17. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

:D
    • 3 x 10” Quintet, The (Charlie Parker/Dizzy Gillespie/Bud Powell/Max Roach/Charles Mingus) - Jazz At Massey Hall: The 10'' LP Collection [3x10'' Box Set] (extensive book with rare photos, indie-exclusive) 73

Wade Burrow likes this.
  18. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

That is exciting news!!

Chris Bernhardt and whisper3978 like this.
  19. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

Any other 'Leaks'? ;)

20. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

Bowie's Outside is coming out on double vinyl for the first time in its entirety (i.e. not the abridged version that's been available for years).

serge, e.s. and GentleSenator like this.
  21. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

What about the 12" single "Say Say Say" by McCartney/Jackson?

22. Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson Forum Resident

I'll likely get the 12" Bo Rhap.

23. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

Bo Rhap. My goodness.

24. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

That NIN would have been cool to the 22 year old me. Now, not so much.

Mechanical Man likes this.
  25. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident Thread Starter

Some more leaks I guess. I don't know why the currency is in euros though.
    • Johnny Thunders - Daddy Rollin' Stone [10'' EP] (previously unreleased tracks, poster, download, limited to 1000, indie-exclusive) 34€
    • Lee Robinson Machine - Family Album [LP] (indie-exclusive, limited to 700) 32€
    • Megadeth - The Threat Is Real / Foreign Policy [12''] (White Vinyl, 2 brand new songs, limited to 4000, indie-exclusive) 18€
    • Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson - Say Say Say (2015 Remix by Spike Stent) [12''] (limited to 3500, indie-retail exclusive) 14,50€
    • Sonics, The - 50 [3LP Box Set] (book, poster, download, indie-exclusive, limited to 3000) 74€
    • Mad Parade - God Bless America [LP] (Random Mixed Colored Vinyl, first time on vinyl, limited to 400) 21€
    • Animal As Leaders - Animals As Leaders (Encore Edition) [2LP] (Red & Blue Vinyl, 3D cover art with glasses, 2 bonus tracks, limited to 1000, indie-retail exclusive) 44€
    • Cardigans, The - Long Gone Before Daylight [LP] (180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl, first U.S. pressing, gatefold, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) 38,50€
    • David Bowie - Earthling [LP] (180 Gram Audiophile Translucent Green Vinyl, tri-fold cover, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) 52€
    • Howlin' Wolf - The London Howlin' Wolf Sessions [LP] 44€ (180 Gram, feats. Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood, Bill Wyman & Charlie Watts, deluxe gatefold, numbered/limited to 3500, indie-retail exclusive)
    • International Submarine Band, The - Safe At Home [12''] (White Opaque Mono Vinyl, feat Gram Parsons, limited to 2700, indie-retail exclusive) 37€
    • Janis Joplin With Big Brother And The Holding Company - Live At Winterland '68 [2LP] (180 Gram, gatefold, booklet, first time on vinyl, foil-stamped, limited to 4000, indie-retail exclusive) 48,50€
    • Jay Electronica - Exhibit A + C + Instrumentals [12''] (Picture Disc, first time on vinyl, produced by Just Blaze, limited to 1250, indie-retail exclusive) 21€
    • Link Wray - Rumble/The Swag [7''] (Translucent Gold Vinyl, limited to 2700, indie-retail exclusive) 14,50€
    • Mercury Rev/Lost Horizons - Rainy Day Record/Life Inside A Paradox [7''] (split single, feats. Nicole Atkins ,Vanessa Gray, and Sharon Van Etten, limited to 500, indie-exclusive) 11€
    • MGMT - Time To Pretend [12'' EP] (Glow In The Dark Vinyl, first time on vinyl, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) 44€
    • S.O.D. / Deftones - Milk [7''] (30th Anniversary, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive) 12,50€
    • Various Artists - Sons Of Anarchy: Songs Of Anarchy Vol 4 (Season 7) [2LP] (Picture Disc, feats. Ed Sheeran, Amos Lee, White Buffalo, limited to 1500, indie-retail exclusive) 74€
    • Sunn O))) - Kannon [LP] (Clear Vinyl, download, gatefold, indie-exclusive, limited to 2000) 26€

Nothing for me. Jeez at some of those prices if they're true.

I think I'm just going to get the Love and Mercy soundtrack after Black Friday. I can't imagine it will be highly sought after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.