Black Friday Record Store Day 2015

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Amnesiac, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

Yeah I'm mostly concerned that it won't be anything nice for the price without him involved. I honestly think it's just going to be plan 12 inches in a thin cardboard slipcover for that insane price. And normally I don't really bitch about prices but and album and few singles for $100 better have some glorious packaging, and I doubt this will come anywhere close to justifying that price.

2. noyoucmon

noyoucmon Forum Resident

Oh yes. My local shop still has some RSD EPs on sale for that price and higher. I'm talking 12" singles with no more than four songs.

3. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

Well, I'm with you there. Black Friday essentially starts on Thanksgiving evening now, so you have people lined up in front of some big department store when they ought to be home with their families, not to mention the folks who have to go work the holiday because of this mentality.

footlooseman likes this.
  4. troggy

troggy Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow

pass.

5. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Only thing I'm interested in is the Beck and NIN. But I already own all the records in that NIN set. Is it really worth it?

6. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I love RSD and Black Friday but nothing that interests me so far except maybe the Janis release. I'll really miss not doing it hope they add more

LordThanos1969 likes this.
  7. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

I have to drive past my local Walmart to get home on Thanksgiving and it is a shocking sight every year. Literally every parking lot for blocks around it full, people parked on lawns and every other spot where you could even try to put a vehicle.

The first year they had a really big push on Black Friday I got home from work at 4am and almost ran over a guy jay walking in the dark carrying a big screen TV.

So yeah I always had a mixed reaction the RSD BF, but for me it really was hey get there buy some Christmas records and one or two other things. This year almost no Christmas records and my one or two other things are bit more expensive then I want to spend on myself right before Christmas.

troggy likes this.
  8. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

9. Marshman96

Marshman96 Forum Resident

boring list

piepants likes this.
  10. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Why is stuff like the Sharknado 3 soundtrack being pressed on vinyl? Anyone who purchases that needs to re-think their life.

11. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

School of Seven Bells was on early ordering sheets but not on this final list.

12. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I would like to know more about the Jesus and Mary Chain Barbed Wire Kisses from Rhino.

Dudley Morris and Paully like this.
  13. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

Whats up with this ,no Grateful Dead release this time for RSD.
    Aaron

piepants likes this.
  14. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

Maybe they're viewing this as the Dead release?

#OneOccupation and pigman like this.
  15. pigman

pigman Forum Resident

Yes maybe but I thought there was a Neal Casal release of the interludes or maybe I'm mistaken.
    Aaron

16. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

Circles Around the Sun is Neal's music for the Fare Thee Well tour interludes.

pigman likes this.
  17. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

I'm looking forward to the Tenacious D live album & the repress of Brian Wilson

18. Arild

Arild New Member

The Tenacious D live release seems to be getting a European release as well. I'm not sure if it's included in the 2.000 copies or if this is a different release. Barcode: 0888751446014. If anybody knows anything about it, i would love to know more.
    Also it seems that Frank Zappa might also be getting a European release with barcode: 0824302001219. Release date November 20th. Same release on yellow vinyl or a different one?

19. Paully

Paully De gustibus non est disputandum

Has Rhino had been particularly forthcoming with details about various records in the past? I would love to know more about this too if it is possible but I really am tired of buying on blind faith.

jimhb likes this.
  20. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

Waylon Jennings Live in Concert vol. 2

When was vol. 1 released?

500Homeruns likes this.
  21. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I'm assuming The Clash is the US version as it has the US version of the sleeve.

22. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

I'm looking forward to Linda Ronstadt's "Silk Purse" with the bonus track of "She's A Very Lovely Woman", which always seemed like it should have been a part of that album.

23. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

I've attended every RSD April & Black Friday event from the start and this is the first one that doesn't have some personal "must have or die" title. Praise the maker!

Of course I'll still go, but I may just save a little dignity and a little coin...

Mechanical Man likes this.
  24. Alofter

Alofter Nowhere Man

The Gang of Four is on my list, but that is it. I doubt I will ever see one in Michigan like the Neko Case last time around.

Chris Bernhardt likes this.
  25. Hard to say, since the colouring is supposedly half-"Protex Blue".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.