Black Friday Record Store Day 2021 - 26 November

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jimod99, Sep 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RacerX

RacerX Forum Resident

Delighted to find Crooked Beat in Northern Virginia still has Little Feat, Johnnie Johnson, Wrens, Leonard Cohen.....score!

uzn007 likes this.
  2. bholz

bholz Forum Resident

Mine didn’t work at the the redemptions website. Warner gave me a new code that worked fine. Just took multiple emails because their customer service could not seem to fathom the site on the included card did not exist. No amount of clearing browser cache is going to fix that problem!

3. markalpan

markalpan Forum Resident

The only title I got for this Black Friday was the Rev. Horton Heat release of their Christmas album. I just got around to putting it on the turntable tonight. I noticed the track listing on the record labels is flipped. Side one lists the tracks for side two and vice versa.

Greenalishi likes this.
  4. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

The Carole King download is MP3

5. ccn103

ccn103 Senior Member

My local record store had a copy of the Little Feat for $32 and wow, just worth every penny. I’ve heard this show on bootleg for years, but this is the definitive version.

This is so good in fact, if someone asked me what to listen to first to get into Little Feat, I may actually point them here!

6. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I have to go back to my record store and get it as they had a few copies left. THANK YOU:)

ccn103 likes this.
  7. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

Reverend Horton Heat - We Three Kings, I’ve played this twice with no skips or pops. Sounds great to my ears.

PaulJay likes this.
  8. Bradd

Bradd Now’s The Time

Has anyone had issues with their Bird in LA. Someone over at the Organissimo jazz forum said LP1 was badly warped and that there was a gouge on one of the sides.

9. djcavanagh

djcavanagh Forum Resident

That is a shame. Still no sign of the album on Qobuz. Thanks for confirming.

10. BrainOfJHA

BrainOfJHA Pearl Jam high five!

The Blackberry Smoke singer has addressed their Stoned release on social media saying stay tuned for more info about the pressing issues and what they will do to fix it.

LeeGriffin and Clucking like this.
  11. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

Opened my copy of Tammi Terrell I just got and it has a really nasty warp. Pretty disappointing.

12. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

13. Skylab

Skylab Arriving somewhere but not here

This one sounds GREAT…[​IMG]

14. FunkJazz

FunkJazz Wake up... and smell the Sunflower

Seriously. That goofy cover picture has prevented me to pick this up. I know, it’s all about the music and sound quality, and I love Dusty, but oh man, what a bad choice for a cover.

And now you’re saying it sounds great... I now have to decide if I want to buy it anyway and just remove the records from the sleeve with my eyes closed every time I’m going to play it!

WhatDoIKnow and Mike6565 like this.
  15. McLover

McLover Senior Member

I didn't find this on RSD, but today at my local shop (they had one copy of this LP, I bought it). This and the Sam Cooke were the big titles I wanted.

WhatDoIKnow likes this.
  16. Skylab

Skylab Arriving somewhere but not here

Another one of the BFRSD albums I got - also excellent.
    [​IMG]

17. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

18. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Git some.

19. Riktator

Riktator Surfer of the Audio Waves

Just scored Johnnie Johnson at Fourth Rock Records. I was kind of surprised by the RSD Black Friday titles they list as available...if you are looking.

uzn007 likes this.
  20. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Newbury canceled my order of The Wrens' Secaucus this morning, so I turned around and bought another copy at list from a store on Discogs. Saved a couple bucks in shipping too.

uzn007 likes this.
  21. TheRealMcCoy

TheRealMcCoy Senior Member

I can confirm the Roy Buchanan record sounds awesome!! Very nice pressing, flat, records in poly inter-selves… Highly recommended

Munros1969, sonofjim, uzn007 and 3 others like this.
  22. Trace

Trace Senior Member

Still available on Discogs starting at $23.99 + shipping. I missed RSDBF this year so had to order this online. Mine is scheduled to arrive today.

JRose likes this.
  23. JRose

JRose Forum Resident

Also available here from Bull Moose:
    - Aerosmith - 1971: The Road Starts Hear
    Bull Moose doesn't charge tax and the shipping rate is a little lower than most sellers on Discogs.

Bull Moose took a very interesting approach to RSD for BF2021. They refrained from online orders for almost an entire week. What a great way to take care of local customers. However, I will have to rely on my other online resources if they continue that approach. I was easily able to purchase all the titles I wanted this year regardless of rarity but RSD BF '21 wasn't normal. I've relied on Bull Moose and other online record stores in the past when my local didn't have enough copies.

24. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Got my copy of The Life Aquatic in the mail last night. Very pleased to finally have this one on vinyl, great soundtrack!

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. Pearlybaker

Pearlybaker Forum Resident

OK just got my copy of Matata’s Independence from RSD.

Here’s a pro tip - you should grab this album, it’s still pretty available and really incredible add to a collection.

Go get it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.