Black Oak Arkansas

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by 905, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

According to discogs the original Rebound release (Bootleg??) had these 9 tracks:
    Nobody Wins In A War
    I Wouldn't Treat A Dog
    Desperado
    If You're Looking For Trouble
    Travelin' Mode
    I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
    I'm On Your Side
    The Wanderer
    All I Need Out Of Life

This box version is missing the last 3:
    I'm On Your Side
    The Wanderer
    All I Need Out Of Life

Other than that everything I've listened to so far has pretty good sound quality.
    X-Rated sounds identical to the Crossroads Production CD from 2013 so I'm assuming everything is
    from previous masters. So now I'm still missing 3 songs!

2. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Those three songs are from Black Attack Is Back, so you should be set. To be fair, I always thought the Black Attack album was pretty much a mess. Been years since I listened to it but the production was really crappy from what I recall.

3. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Thanks I feel better now. That must be why it never got officially released with just 6 tracks. I havn't listened to Black Attack in ages either.
    I don't recall it sounding that bad, I'll spin that one next.
    I would have rather had Ain't Life Grand and Balls of Fire over Black Attack and Ready As Hell
    but I'll take what I can get.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Yeah, Iwould have rather had those two albums too. Not sure why the MCA albums have been so scarce on cd.

5. MHS3

MHS3 "Long Live Rock'n'Roll"

I saw them in Charleston, WV in 76for $5.00 with Ted Nugent and U.F.O they were great!!!!!!

MYQ1, clhboa and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

so everything is on this set?

7. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

I had heard of them but as far as I know I had never heard anything from them until this week, after I found a UK copy of the Hot and Nasty LP and a US copy of the Balls of Fire LP in a barn sale, both in great shape.

They don’t make me want to seek out more, but I like it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I saw online that Rickie Lee Reynolds has been in the hospital with covid. His Daughter posted online that he has kidney failure and today suffered a cardiac arrest. They revived him but he is unconscious and they don't know the extent of the damage. Hope he pulls through. Seems like a nice guy.

Cousin Stanley and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Clyde Clifford mentioned this about an hour ago on Beaker Street but didn’t go into this much detail. I appreciate the update.

Matthew Tate and clhboa like this.
  10. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

From a DJ's garage sale down the street I got a pile of records for 10 cents each, including Bob James and Motorhead. And now spurred to remember, Live Mutha which I liked. Made me want to visit Black Oak, Arkansas for years and years out of curiosity-and because it was one of the few states I had not visited. Managed to do so road tripping with my kid from Memphis (Sun Studios! Beale Street! Graceland!) up to St. Louis (a nice dinner! The arch! Derelict houses! Ferguson, where we saw a lot of fancy houses and only white people).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

12. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Just saw this. I had a feeling this might be coming when I heard Friday that he had COVID.

RIP Mr. Reynolds. You brought some great music to us.

clhboa and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

14. awizard

awizard Forum Resident

There was never anything that I ever liked about this band. Especially Jim Dandy's vocals. Not wanting to insult anyone but this band really wore on me and the OP asked. Sorry to hear about their guitarist passing.

15. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

Black Oak Arkansas was a part of my growing up, the soundtrack of my youth you could say. I will surely miss RLR.

clhboa, MYQ1 and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. STLrep

STLrep Active Member

RIP Rickie, never met him but had a few online interactions with him, seemed like a nice genuine guy. Sad to hear

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Met him once. Had a few online interactions as well. Yes, he was pretty friendly.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Rich-n-Roll

Rich-n-Roll Forum Resident

Jim Mangrum (aka) Jim Dandy taught this guy everything he knows...about being a front man

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.