Black Sabbath - Heaven & Hell/Mob Rules - 2021 Deluxe Edit.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Deuce66, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Raf

Raf Senior Member

And the break appears to be in the same place for the digital download, even though downloads don't have to have a disc split.

2. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

:doh:

They don't give a fig, do they?

3. Raf

Raf Senior Member

They sure don't. And the downloads for Metallica's Live S**t still have the abrupt fadeout and fade-in between "Solos" and "Through the Never" from the CD break, despite the fact that they could have used the opportunity of the new release format to stitch them together. :rolleyes:

jeffreybh and Use_Your_Koala like this.
  4. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

We’re all in, lol!!!

GRompre68, Curveboy and tinnox like this.
  5. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Agreed :cheers:

Jam757 and Curveboy like this.
  6. Geof

Geof Forum Resident

Like many others, I'll get Mob Rules for the Portland show and the new mix of "The Mob Rules,"and to hear how Pearce's decade-later re-remastering sounds before re-re-repurchasing Heaven and Hell, given there's nothing new on it, material-wise. But, Joe's fan site says these are new 2021 remasters, so...

And one quick question, and sorry if it's been addressed in the numerous Sabbath threads elsewhere — there are only so many hours in the day — but with the Deluxe multi-disc box reissues of second album Paranoid and fourth album Vol. 4, does anyone know why third album (and absolute classic) Master of Reality was passed over? I would love to hear Steven Wilson tackling some alternate versions of "Sweet Leaf," "Children of the Grave" etc., assuming they exist.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  7. Nobody seems to know why MOR and the debut were skipped.

I would be rather surprised if Steven Wilson were willing to (re)mix another set of Sabbath outtakes when he's not allowed to remix the album proper. In case of Vol. 4, it looks like they he was told they didn't find the original multi tracks for the album but a fellow forum member was told that the multi tracks are not lost at all and are actually known to be in good shape. Whatever goes on there, to me it does not sound like ideal working conditions for Wilson. But how knows...

Use_Your_Koala and Geof like this.
  8. Geof

Geof Forum Resident

Thanks; yes, a mystery it remains!

On another topic, I notice on the Rhino Handmade Live at Hammersmith Odeon standalone from 2007, it states, "Produced for release by Mason Williams and Bill Inglot; Mixed by Brian Kehew, and Mastering by Dan Hersh." The 2010 Sanctuary's reissue's credits seem to focus on just the studio album, stating "Re-mastered by Andy Pearce." Assuming he didn't do the disc 2 Hammersmith show, I suspect they just copied it off the Rhino disc and didn't give credit to any of the people mentioned above. Either way, it makes the 2010 reissue (and the Handmade release) suddenly very collectable, as one would assume they will start to disappear and creep up in value once fans — and dealers — realize that with the Portland show taking the place of the Hammersmith show on the new reissue, the previous version will be the only way to get that.

And total agreement that it's annoying that the Portland show starts at the end of disc 1 with just the "Intro" and "Neon Knights," and also the inclusion of four of the Hammersmith songs. Those are really unnecessary, and while I get the full show with "Neon Knights" apparently wouldn't fit on one disc — at least my preference — I would've dropped the Hammersmith songs and put 4-5 of the Portland songs on disc 1 to enjoy a good chunk of the set before switching discs to continue and finish the show. Does anyone know if the Portland set was the complete show from that tour? If any songs were cut, doing what I just suggested would have given them more room on disc 2 for anything they cut due to time.

9. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

You would've, and I would've, but I guess nobody working at a record label these days gets paid to make sense. :laugh:

Purple, Doggiedogma, Geof and 2 others like this.
  10. The Hammersmith 2010 sounds a bit different from the 2007, so I wouldn't rule out that Pearce might have worked on it too. Of course, that doesn't justify omitting the credits for producers and mixer.

The Portland show seems to be complete, based on comparing its set list to audience recordings from that time.

Geof likes this.
  11. OzzyIsDio

OzzyIsDio Maniacal Sabbath Fanatic

Got my Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules Deluxe editions both on CD & LP today.

Ted Sallis, Curveboy and tinnox like this.
  12. I just ordered the Mob Rules 2021 Deluxe, because of the Portland show. Got 10% coupon off because it was my first order at ImportCDs. Really looking forward to the live recording.

dixiedixie69 and Anthrax like this.
  13. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Show us what you got !

14. OzzyIsDio

What do you want to see?

I took pictures and tried posting them here and they posted, put when I submitted the post the pictures won’t show.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    tinnox likes this.
  15. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

No way they’re going to improve on the 2010 deluxe editions of H&H and MR, they’re so great. For me, the only appeal of theses new releases is Portland which I’ve never heard, I’ll stream it first and then make a decision if it’s worth the double dip.

16. Dave - A

Dave - A Vagabond of the Western World

Packaging please. Are these digipaks like the others?

OzzyIsDio likes this.
  17. Claus

Claus Senior Member

18. Have you checked out the Portland sample on Youtube?

19. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

Got to use postimage or something like that

20. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

21. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

jason202 likes this.
  22. OzzyIsDio

It's not working, you don't believe me?

I got both the LP and CD Deluxe for Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules if my word is not good enough I can't help you, I inserted the pictures I took and when I submitted the post they won't show.

Thank you,
    ~OID

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    tinnox likes this.
  23. OzzyIsDio

Yes they are Digipaks.

Dave - A and tinnox like this.
  24. OzzyIsDio

Sorry Tinnox, that I can't post images of my LP'S and CD's.

tinnox likes this.
  25. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Use postimage, they will definitely show up.

tinnox likes this.