Black Sabbath - Sabotage - 5 LPs!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cranny, Apr 9, 2021.

1. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Thanks for that. I'm in despite the ridiculousness of CD4 being a "CD single" with only 2 tracks. What the hell...

Found this on superdeluxeedition:
    Black Sabbath / Sabotage super deluxe edition box sets – SuperDeluxeEdition

Don't know why but they do not list the US amazon listing and all of the other amazons listed there have lowest price as $93 USD from Amazon France. Must be opening bell insanity but coming down to earth soon like the US site (??).

2. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

The worst of their deluxe releases so far! Nothing new or unheard on it whatsoever. Milking the cow on this one!

blacksabbathrainbow and sathvyre like this.
  3. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Well, the live show is truly great, and I can't fault a band/label for releasing something just because I already obtained it through unofficial channels.

It's the sticking it in an overpriced and otherwise unnecessary package that makes it a cynical moneygrab.

4. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Yeah, this really puts me off of this set, even though Sabotage may be my favorite from the original lineup. It seems like they used this as an excuse to make it a "4 disc super deluxe edition" on par with the Volume 4, but it most certainly is not.

5. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

To many folks, this would seem like a decent deluxe edition. But, the hardcore fans whom this set is geared towards, they’d already have this stuff. And, if the live stuff is from Asbury Park, then they have that too. I’m confident the band have stuff in their archives, but if there’s no budget for the project to search for and pull the tapes to mix, there’s not much gonna happen.

danielbravo likes this.
  6. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I don't like admitting that I feel like a sucker, but buying that Vol 4 vinyl box at initial retail price put me in that position. There's no way in hell I'm paying full price for this thing. $50-$60, maybe.

7. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

That link basically confirms it's Asbury Park with this "The both box sets feature a newly remastered version of the album paired with a complete live show recorded during the 1975 tour. 13 of the 16 live tracks included are previously unreleased."

8. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I don't have either for comparison, sorry.

Music_dude likes this.
  9. Music_dude

Music_dude Forum Resident

That’s ok... but thanks, regardless.

10. animaux

animaux Bababooey!

Yeah, that cd is dumb...I'm in agreement with others here that those two songs should have just been tacked onto the end of the main disc (after "Blow on a Jug").

DarkSideOfTheMoo and yesstiles like this.
  11. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

I was merely stating a fact regarding the amount of content in this set - ie. Bang for the Buck...

...of which there is very little, especially for the price. ;)

ODShowtime likes this.
  12. Wanna make bet that not even "BOAJ" will be on there?

13. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Maybe they could issue it as a special 5th CD!

14. :laughup:

blacksabbathrainbow and CBackley like this.
  15. nav1009

nav1009 Well-Known Member

According to Joe Siegler it is, he wrote the following comment on his website:

animaux, slipkid, OzzyIsDio and 2 others like this.
  16. Wow, cool! That definitely makes the whole box worth it now.

17. OzzyIsDio

OzzyIsDio Maniacal Sabbath Fanatic

My order is placed and paid for, both CD & LP Box sets, can’t wait for the next Super Deluxe Edition!!!!

18. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I really wish they would have released these things in order, but I’ll be picking this one up too.

GRompre68, Curveboy and slipkid like this.
  19. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

If it is the complete Asbury Park show why all the secrecy? Are they hoping fans that already have the official quality bootleg will be tempted to buy this box if they don't know it is Asbury Park?

Anthrax, sathvyre and hi_watt like this.
  20. custom55

custom55 Forum Resident

I was at the AP Convention Hall show 1975. Incredible, from what I can remember. Thank God there is the bootleg of AP.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  21. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

They did the same thing with the 90% Live at Last on Vol. 4. They seem to be one of the bands that just hates transparency. I would only be guessing at the reason(s) but trying to fool people into buying what they already have is a good guess. That worked on me with Past Lives but never again. I have zero doubt now that this is Asbury Park.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  22. classicrocker

classicrocker Life is good!

Lol, same here I was at that show as well and I think the bootlegs validates it was a great Sabbath show.

I am in the same boat as you in that we partied hard before and during the concert so things are a bit hazy now and the fact that it was 45 years ago does not help the memory.

ODShowtime and slipkid like this.
  23. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Judging from the iTunes Store pre-order listing, it looks like the release strategy for this box is going to be similar to that of the recent Vol. 4 SDE, i.e. only the bare-bones album will be available for download and streaming. Not surprising, actually: none of the Ozzy-era albums are currently available with bonus tracks on download and streaming.

Deuce66 likes this.
  24. Music_dude

Music_dude Forum Resident

Will the official release improve upon the live audio at all?

25. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

These Sabbath deluxe editions have shown me one thing; the album proper has become secondary to the bonus material.

Curveboy and hi_watt like this.