BLACK SABBATH - Technical Ecstasy box coming October 2021.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Anthrax, Jul 28, 2021.

1. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

I gotta say, not knowing anything more than what's posted here thus far, this might be really good. I am a fan of his album, vastly prefer it to NSD....

Wish "It's alright" was gonna have a remix......always thought it sounded murky....Don't much care about mono versions of mid 70s music....

Of course we gotta worry about MP3 sourced live stuff......pisses me off thinking about it..
    That said, this set looks to be the best done one so far of Ozzy stuff....in this series.....

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    Zumbi, Dissidence, Queezma and 3 others like this.
  2. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I dunno, but the mixes he did on Vol. 4 sound great. Really wish he had mixed the album proper.

3. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

or master of reality. What are they smoking

bluerondo, Beant, Joti Cover and 3 others like this.
  4. MetalPatchesVinyl

MetalPatchesVinyl Forum Resident

My interest is piqued. I'll probably get the CD version this time. Sabbath has hit my wallet pretty hard this last year with the vinyl boxes.

5. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident

Very cool. Any idea where the live disc might have been recorded?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. sandimascharvel

sandimascharvel Forum Resident

I’ve always loved this album since I got it in 1983 on cassette and thought it was underrated but can see how different it is compared to earlier albums. I’m curious as to how the original album will sound remastered. My original WB US CD is what it is up against and the 2016 CD failed to usurp it (and of course so did the black box as well) so I’m gun-shy with more remasters but will always welcome anything that betters the best available. The uploads they will post are usually good enough fidelity-wise to get an idea how good, or bad, they’ll have done on this.

Remixes are always interesting to hear once but I always prefer the nostalgia and familiarity with what I grew up listening to. It’s odd having that “It’s Alright” mono mix among the others being stereo remixed. The electric guitars that blast out in stereo in the middle of the song are really awesome.

gpalz and CBackley like this.
  7. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

I certainly am! This is Black Sabbath's "Rock" masterpiece and their greatest album. This box I will definitely buy. :thumbsup:

Clanceman, thgord, B E E F and 6 others like this.
  8. +1

9. Where did you find the picture and info?

hi_watt likes this.
  10. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

Holy **** I’m in for this!!!

11. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Looks good. The live set seems to be missing a track or two. I wonder if it's the live album that was supposed to be released back in the day, or if it's the Pittsburgh 76 radio show. Looking at the setlist for this release, I'm not sure. I doubt they ever played Snowblind this late in the show

Regardless, this would have been a good time to aquire the rights to this show

Erik B. and hi_watt like this.
  12. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Count me one that thinks NSD blows this album away. I do like TE a lot but DIE has some serious throw down on it.
    If it had a better production I bet it would be called a masterpiece .

13. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

14. streetlegal

streetlegal Forum Resident

I bought this the same day as Deep Purple's Burn around '78--and I still hold both Technical Ecstasy and Burn in very high regard. My interest is piqued.

15. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

16. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Seems like they have a kind of loose formula with these boxes. Doesn’t seem to have much to do with the album or the band. Just a new box. Which will sell

Matthew Tate and mmars982 like this.
  17. Doctor Flang

Doctor Flang Forum Resident

It looks like they are using the Syracuse show that was recorded for KBFH, so I'm afraid we are being served with another bootleg.

Black Sabbath - Dec 12, 1976

18. streetlegal

This??

19. gpalz

gpalz Forum Resident

Does it really sound that bad?

20. IIRC the uncompressed (pre FM feed) tape sounds better.

gpalz, hi_watt and BDC like this.
  21. streetlegal

Sounds great to my ears, first time hearing! But I have pretty basic hearing!

22. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

Not a deal breaker if a lossless source is used and if it's well mastered....better yet new transfer from analog, but they're way too lazy and cheap for that type due diligence. Still the other stuff looks good.

23. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Much better value than Sabotage ;)

The SW remix and the outtakes are the best of this set. :shh:

It is not the last remix by Steven Wilson :agree:

P.S. Next Super Deluxe coming in spring...

24. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Andy Pearce mastered ALL Super Deluxe sets!

Pearce mastered what Black Sabbath and the record company asked for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sathvyre likes this.
  25. No need to wait...
    Black Sabbath - Never Say Die: DVD-V, PAL, Dol For Sale | Discogs

NunoBento and sathvyre like this.