Black Sabbath Vol. 4 Super Deluxe with Steven Wilson mixes coming 2021

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thenobs70, Nov 11, 2020.

1. David67

David67 Forum Resident

There were half a dozen a few days ago but now all gone onAmazon UK. Oh well, at least I have good sounding live boots.

2. Half a dozen what? Different masterings of Vol. 4?

Of course, Amazon is not the only place to buy CDs. Depending on what you're looking for, Discogs might be worth a look.

3. David67

David67 Forum Resident

I'm referring to Vol. 4 super deluxe which was priced at around £62 a few days ago with six remaining. Yeah, I realise there are other outlets but I'm not paying the asking price for what essentially is a sub par product. I'm not disparaging the music nor is it my intention to put folk off from enjoying the box set, I simply can't justify the cost which is a shame because I had it in my basket for days hoping of course for a price drop along with Tangerine Dream's Pilots of Purple Twilight until I bagged it for £70 down from more than £100.`

I only choose Amazon when purchasing box sets because it's easy to get a significant discount if there are any scratched discs. Otherwise, I go to Bandcamp for new artists or directly to their website.

4. Sabotage Super Deluxe is discussed here now:
    Black Sabbath - Sabotage - 5 LPs!

Yeah, I've ranted about the price myself quite a bit in this thread. I just didn't know your post was about this SDE set, since you were replying to a post that discussed other masterings.

5. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Well said and understood.

6. damnit

damnit Great Cd Mastering Only Please

I hope you sold off your box set since you don’t seem to like it!!!!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Thankfully via YouTube I decided not to break the seal on the 4CD Box that I purchased (via ImportCDs). By the time the box arrived I just wasn't interested in it.

I love Black Sabbath Vol. 4, but what is offered in this particular Box Set (the Rhino version) just doesn't thrill me. So one day I'll get off my duff and put it up for sale.

Purple, damnit and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

Develop those reading-comprehension skills, then try again.

rnranimal likes this.
  9. Analogmoon

Analogmoon All the Way Back in the Seventies

I just started listening to this new release today. After the first album - Vol. 4 is my favorite Black Sabbath album. My first thought is - Bill is the star of this release. Also - I was not expecting plastic sleeves.

Tomcat83 and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. damnit

And all you have done is complain about the boxset go figure.
    No problem with comprehension here :)

11. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

12. MetalPatchesVinyl

MetalPatchesVinyl Forum Resident

douglas mcclenaghan and damnit like this.
  13. damnit

Well I don’t agree with all your assessments
    So laugh it up.
    And sell your box set

14. douglas mcclenaghan

douglas mcclenaghan Forum Resident

Where's our Sabbath Bloody Sabbath super deluxe? :mad:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. damnit

Skipped it for now it seems

16. Tim1954

Tim1954 Forum Resident

All of them are coming, folks.

Patience.

17. damnit

I just wish they would do these more like the fairly nice Jethro Tull sets :rolleyes:

18. Has it been confirmed that the European-issued CD Box set (BMG) contains the 0:20 coda of "The Straightener" (after the original album track, proper) on the 2021 remaster?

I'm of the understanding that the USA (Rhino/Warner) issued CD Box set does not.

In any event .... seems this CD Box is getting HTF. Was there such a limited run, or was there something wrong with the initial pressings?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

It is still available on the Rhino website.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. Yep, the Rhino version does not include that coda. IIRC, these recent Deluxe and Super Deluxe releases are really done by Rhino, with BMG only marketing and selling them in Europe, so there's no difference between them beyond that. @Claus, am I right?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. It's kinda funny that there is a focus/discussion about a couple of '20-second' pieces of music on separate Black Sabbath "Super Deluxe Boxes" and the importance of them. :winkgrin:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. That’s kind of what we do here. :)

23. Yeah but these little nuggets are damned important!

24. Well, it is very unimportant to me.

25. Aside from my disillusion of the Vol. 4 CD Box Set, I am seriously considering getting the Sabotage CD Box Set, provided it 's around $30 or $40.

I've heard and yet not owned any version of the 'Asbury Park' concert. It's amazing!

It's almost a given that the 2021 remaster (ruinmaster -:shake: [Thanks for coining that, Linda]) will almost be a throw-away, but there is a bit of hope. Sabotage is my favorite Black Sabbath album.