BlindWrite & BlindRead

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Paul C., Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul C.

Paul C. Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone have experience with BlindWrite/Read for ripping or copying CDs? I was wondering how it compares with Exact Audio Copy.

And what about CloneCD?

Thanks.

2. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

I think I've tried all of them, although I only used BlindRead once for a fussy audio disc, and it didn't work.

CloneCD works pretty well. Some traders swear by it. I *think* it puts the gaps at the end of the preceding track, not the beginning of the next track, which is not to spec. EAC, I think, handles gaps better. Also CloneCD will only do CD-TEXT if the original CD being duped has CD-TEXT. EAC will do CD-TEXT if you look up the tracks and have the right checkbox checked (and your burner supports it).

CloneCD is very straightforward and easy to use, and good for knocking off quick dupes without worrying about .cue sheets, detecting gaps, and loading your hard drive with .wavs. CloneCD will write a big image file, then give you the option to delete after a write.

3. Paul C.

Paul C. Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks - so would you say that EAC is the best for doing straight disc copies?

I'm also wondering - is it generally better to copy a disc image to hard disk, then to CDR, or can it be done safely directly from CD to CDR?

4. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

I *prefer* EAC overall. Is it better, in terms of more accurate copies? I dunno.

Re: your second question, conventional wisdom says to rip to the hard disk first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.