Blonde On Blonde On Vinyl - Which Version?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AnalogJ, Apr 17, 2018.

1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959 Thread Starter

That's hilarious!

2. lovelettertypewriter

lovelettertypewriter Well-Known Member

Hey guys I just got a copy of the 2015 Sony / Legacy copy. I just wanna know if anyone has any info on why this copy doesn’t have RKS or sterling on it. I checked out the Dylanisis site and it doesn’t differentiate the other 2015 pressing from this one. Just has stamped numbers in the matrix.

3. Dougthesnail

Dougthesnail The Big Gabagool

The Mofi for Stereo. A first Press for Mono if you can get a clean one, very tricky with a double lp. Sundazed would be 3rd.

Chemguy likes this.
  4. Dougthesnail

That particular legacy copy should have been done by RKS, although the EU uses a different runout but should be the same mastering.

lovelettertypewriter likes this.
  5. lovelettertypewriter

Def not complaining about the sound but I’m trying to get these 60s albums AAA. Got most of the mofi which i love but missed out on BOB.

6. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Yep. Yep. Hmm...ok.

7. Dougthesnail

Sorry, I meant the legacy Mono.

8. Dougthesnail

It could've been a digital transfer of the RKS cut if you've got the EU copy. The Legacy should still be very easy to obtain if that's what you're after. Not sure when the Mofi went Oop but I purchased mine at retail early last year.

9. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

It it still orderable through Music Direct. I have been told by MD that all albums listed as Awaiting Repress or Out Of Stock will eventually be back in stock if you place an order. They said they do not charge until it is fulfilled. I ordered Bill Withers Greatest Hits and Bill Evans Undercurrent about 3 weeks ago and my orders were just shipped. I have BOB on back order.

10. lovelettertypewriter

Hey thanks for that man I will def be doing that!

Mike H. likes this.
  11. Mike H.

Mike H. Forum Resident

No prob! They have quite a few good titles on the Music Direct site listed as such. I placed an order for some Grateful Dead, some Miles Davis, Bill Withers Greatest Hits and The Blonde on Blonde. Worth noting that if you order more than one album in an order, they will wait for all to come in stock to ship.

lovelettertypewriter likes this.
  12. LFSDoc

LFSDoc time has told me not to ask for more

Has anybody compared an Italian 1st mono press to any other mono issue? I have one but I have nothing to compare with except the MOVinyl set...
    Doc

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I want to back up what @Mike H. just said. Earlier in the month, I ordered Bill Withers Greatest Hits, even though it was Awaiting Repress. 6 days later a copy shipped !!!!
    So I placed an order for both the repress of Oh Mercy and a pre order for Love And Theft, fully aware neither will ship without the other, but I'm fine with that.

Mike H. likes this.
  14. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Just got myself a very nice original French mono for an unbelievable 16€.

jlf and jgrillo like this.
  15. Myke

Forgot to throw in my $.02.
    After listening to my ' Claudia ' mono copy, I put on my 3 X 45 MFSL copy, and I much preferred the box. So much so, I've decided to sell the ' Claudia.'

16. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Followed today by an early Dutch copy in incredible condition for just 12,50€. Curiously, Visions Of Johanna sounds very weird on it, almost ghostly.

17. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Just did! Got a first pressing mono, Pittman. Only 15 bucks because the condition was listed as poor.

But I have a SugarCube, so it’s perfect. What a sonic treat this is!...I’ll play it as much as my Mofi 3x45 rpm.

Myke and Neonbeam like this.
  18. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

You mean like a “thin, wild mercury sound”? ;)

I am absolutely dumbfounded that I had to turn the sub down on this US mono first pressing.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  19. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

What is SugarCube?

20. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

21. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

So.... double albums are harder to find in clean condition? Fascinating theory!

:righton:

22. Dougthesnail

It's not a theory. Typically the discs aren't in matching condition, depending on.how they were cared for and how many times played. Also a lot of copies have missing discs

Fender Relic likes this.
  23. Myke

Congratulations ! Ya know you're turning me down on buying mine worked out great, as I decided to keep it. Between the condition, and how it gets more rare with each passing year, I decided to hang on to it, at least for my lifetime. After that, it's up to my son.

Chemguy likes this.
  24. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Maybe delete that post that says you’re interested in selling it.

25. Myke

No, most people understand that posts are locked after 30 minutes, then they reside in the past. Like all those posts made by now dead members.