Blondie 1974-1982: Against the Odds

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Andrew Blaker, Jan 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

Great! I’m sure your right! I’ve pre-ordered and I’m looking forward to re -experiencing Blondie’s golden years.

hutlock likes this.
  2. Cherrycherry

Cherrycherry Forum Resident

Somewhere along the way, NumeroGroup turned into DicksGroup.
    Really uncool to raise the price, if they restock from initial allotment.

CURPLES likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Considering that they are partnered with Universal on this project, and Universal had to prices set to GOUGE from the start, what makes you think Numero raises prices all on their own? Absolutely no reason for them to do so other than to shoot themselves in the foot. I think Universal made Numero (and the Blondie website for that matter—but I guess they don’t get called dicks?) to raise the prices to match what Universal themselves was selling them for. It really is the only explanation that makes any sense given the track records of all the outfits involved here.

Also why the hell would Numero run the risk of people all over the Internet bashing them for raising prices if they weren’t forced to do so? Why would they put them out over a $100 cheaper at the beginning and they would just decide to raise the prices a few weeks later? It doesn’t make any sense.

EDIT: this isn’t the first Blondie record Numero has put out btw. Check the prices on the others. They are priced WAY higher than standard Numero records. Do you think Numero set those prices at nearly double the average or do you think maybe the giant corporate entity who owns the licensing rights to the music did?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  4. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Numero botched this release in many ways, not just on pricing. I would ask that you check out the other thread about this release and read about the confusing track lists, content and even the pages/content of the books invloved:

BLONDIE - "Against the Odds 1974 – 1982" [August 2022]*

It is still a hige mess and nothing has been officially confirmed yet.

Grohlfan likes this.
  5. hutlock

Yeah, I wasn’t arguing any of that. Just about who is responsible for the pricing issues.

I don’t know that I would go so far as to say that anyone has “botched” the releases itself, but I agree that the multiple labels involved certainly aren’t on the same page and it shows. I’ll save that “botched release” tag until we actually see the product though.

JoeRockhead and c-eling like this.
  6. Cherrycherry

Cherrycherry Forum Resident

Hi, hope you are well. I think if you read below, you may retract your statements. You don't have the correct information. That's ok.

Let's look:
    Blondie (the band)'s webpage for 8cd:
    $150.00, but sold out.
    Blondie - Blondie: Against The Odds 1974-1982 - 8CD Box Set

Universal webpage for 8cd:
    $139.00 available to pre-order.
    Blondie - Against The Odds: 1974 - 1982 8CD Box Set – uDiscover Music

NumeroGroup webpage for 8cd:
    $200.00 but soldout.
    Against The Odds: 1974-1982

Oh, by the way, importcds.c0m still has this 8cd set for $98.05 !!!

SinnerSaint and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. hutlock

Yep, totally retracted. You are 100% correct. I hope you get this for a good price.

8. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

Must be a ton of fingers in the pie.
    The 2 Level 42 Boxes -20 Discs, just over a 100.00 (importcd)

9. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

I am glad that the 3 CD rarities set was about $33 from Target with a buy 2 get 1 promotion..

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

Have you seen the posts above about this set being sold out at various sites? Odd!

11. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Yeah, sorry, hope I didn't come across harsh, didn't mean to. I just wanted to point out that even outside of the pricing issue, there are no sites that even have the same info as each other. There is nothing but conflicting info about this release. As I pointed out in the other thread, I sent 3 emails to Numero for confirmation of the track lists and recieved 4 replies with three different answers. They are the ones that compiled this and put it together, you would think they would know.

I have bailed out on this release until this settles. It's not going to sell out, and even with the best price that can be found now, I have no doubt that a few months after release, it will be even less expensive, all formats. I had a copy of the 3CD release on order, which supposedly has all of the 52 bonus tracks on it, for only $30 shipped. Still cancelled my order. Not really sure if it will have all 52 tracks, nor what the booklet will actually be like - again, conflicting information.

I can wait for this.

Fred1, Matthew Tate and hutlock like this.
  12. hutlock

No worries man. It’s all good.

13. autoamerican

autoamerican X-Offender

Ordered the super deluxe lp set from numero using the numero15 promo code paid 270usd out the door. Not bad as the price has raised. Hoping it comes sooner as it's straight from the label.

Also ordered the 8cd set from Udiscovermusic with a 20% off they randomly gave out in an email for 119 after shipping. Seems that's about how much it is at target etc.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. capt.co

capt.co Forum Resident

15. autoamerican

autoamerican X-Offender

We've got our 2nd pre release song from Against the Odds. This is pretty cool. Not as amazing as Moonlight Drive but anyone who's seen the 1980 Film Roadie starring Blondie Meatloaf and Alice cooper can right away see (Go Through It) was written about the film, Roadie.

https://youtu.be/0quIM66KL2A
    https://youtu.be/pjntmf3gwcI

The final version on AutoAmerican is slick and the lyrics are more realized. Can't wait for the full release.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
    Porkpie, Davido, 905 and 1 other person like this.
  16. bluearmy78

bluearmy78 Living in real gangster times.

8cd set ordered.

905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. 905

905 Senior Member

Autoamerican is my favorite Blondie album, happy with this one.

autoamerican, Markyp and Matthew Tate like this.
  18. friendofafriend

friendofafriend Forum Resident

I’m happy to see that my preorder price on Amazon for the 8cd box is down to at least $118 (that’s the current price and the lowest I’ve seen there so far.)

lou a and Matthew Tate like this.
  19. beelzebomb

beelzebomb Well-Known Member

I’ve seen this recently already for sale and available to ship ahead of official release on eBay (from a UK seller).

Lance LaSalle likes this.
  20. m00nb34m5

m00nb34m5 Down in the Streetlight

The CD set is listed at £70.00 on eBay which is a good price I wonder how the albums will sound though I read that they were all remastered? I'm happy with my 2001 CD copies but it would be really nice to have this with the book included.

21. bluearmy78

lve seen this on EBay. You still have to add £9.50 for postage, so that's £80 anyway. And lm not sure how he can have them available 6 weeks before they are officially released? I think l will stick with my original order and wait for release day.

22. friendofafriend

friendofafriend Forum Resident

I personally do not like the sound of the 2001 cds and have replaced all mine with other cd versions, but I guess you bring up the valid point that these new cds could sound worse. I’m hoping for the best, but mainly getting this set for the bonus tracks and assuming I’ll keep my old cds as the best sounding versions.

23. Lance LaSalle

Lance LaSalle Prince of Swollen Sinus

SAme. I'm probably just going to get a digital version or at most the three CD "bonus song" thing. It is awesome that they are doing it that way though, as having to buy 8 CDS for 52 songs would be annoying.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  24. lou a

lou a Forum Resident

Don’t you think the CD books will be larger than a CD case? Although not as large or nice as the LP sized books?

25. bluearmy78

l was lead to believe the CD book was lp size or have l read it wrong?

Matthew Tate likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.