Blondie "Heart of Glass" question for Steve

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tony Caldwell, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member Thread Starter

Hi,

I recently located a copy of Rock of the 70s volume three.:)

I noticed that the version of "Heart of Glass" is different than either of the two versions on the DCC gold CD.

The version on the Rock of the 70s disc runs about 4min 36sec, and if I remember correctly begins with the "intro" in both channels.

The gold disc album version runs 3min 48sec, and the intro is mainly on the left channel.

The gold disc also has an extended "Disco Mix" which runs 5min 52sec and has the intro mixed to both channels.

At first I thought that maybe the Rock of the 70s version was the single version, but that doesn't make much sense because it is longer than the album version. And since the intro is different, I am guessing that it is not a matter of it just being a longer fade at the end.

If any of this makes any sense...

I guess my question is "what is the version on the Rock of the 70s disc"?

Thanks!

Tony

PS Thanks for putting the Pacific Gas & Electric song on the disc. I had never heard anything by them, and I really enjoy the song!!

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Blondie. I can't remember! Sheesh. Sad, but true. I think there are more damn versions of that song than almost any other in their catalog...

Glad you liked "Are You Ready". That's the super-duper long version!

3. Matt

Matt New Member

On U.S. issue vinyl, I think early pressings of "Parallel Lines" had a different version of "Heart of Glass" from later pressings. According to a rarities page on one Blondie site, the length of the song on those early pressings was 3:54. Perhaps that's the version used on the DCC edition?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.