Blood and Treasure

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rjp, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rjp

rjp Senior Member Thread Starter

anyone watch this?

nice premise, but just horrible acting, where do they find these actors for the summer shows? it's like a high school play.

2. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

Yeah, I watched it. The lead actress is smokin' hot, that's usually a good way to pull my eyes to a show. I didn't think the acting was THAT bad... it was the writing that was sub-par. And I noticed how they thought it would be clever to mention the films that the show was derivative of... namely Raiders Of The Lost Ark, National Treasure, and The DaVinci Code (but left out It Takes A Thief, funnily enough).

I'll probably tune in next week anyway.

3. groundharp

Well, I didn't see the show this week as I went to see a Little Feat concert instead. Was the show any better this week?

4. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

I watched both episodes. It's totally campy and everyone involved seems to have their eyes open to that fact. So it's goofy and fun and very light and I hope they keep that tone for however long it lasts.

I'm enjoying it more for the visuals than for any real world depiction of art theft or terrorism. I'm assuming they've done at least some location shooting because it definitely looked like they filmed in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome for example.

Another show I watch that's totally ridiculous and campy like this is Private Eyes with Jason Priestley

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  5. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Couldn't get into it at all. Just like I very quickly lost interest in Whiskey Cavalier.
    Can I ask re: above, how you like Private Eyes? I just learned of this show wandering around online. Is it anything like the 2018 summer show "Take Two"?
    Thanks! :wave:

SizzleVonSizzleton and alexpop like this.
  6. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

Ya me too.... :D:D

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Canadian show Private Eyes looks way better.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  8. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

Just to show my ignorance I've never heard of Take Two and I've only ever seen a commercial for Whiskey Cavalier.

Private Eyes is dumb and incredibly simplistic, make no mistake about it. It's the type of show that always ends with a smile, the bad guy never hurts another person and nobody carries any scar tissue forward.

The lead actress is beautiful (though her teeth are getting more and more distractingly white) and being my age (47) Jason Priestley is a very familiar presence.

The show seems to know exactly what it is. My wife and I watch it and laugh about its absurdities. You could randomly pick any episode to watch and you'd quickly know what they're doing and whether its brand of light entertainment are for you.

9. groundharp

For me, the lead actress on Private Eyes isn't that beautiful -- just my taste, YMMV. But Take Two... mmm, that's a different matter -- I've always had a crush on Rachel Bilson, VERY easy on the eyes!

These shows are all following a similar formula, with varying degrees of success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.