Blood Sweat & Tears

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ED in NY, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnT

JohnT Senior Member

Uncle Al said:

Thanks Al... DC Thomas is OK but it is the music I appreciate. I need to move on to more of their material and I'll have to seek out a good version of 'Child'.

feinstein:

The SACD is an incredible listen. I only have about fifteen SACD's but I've realized that four very good sounding ones have Vic Anesini's name on them.

All four are stereo:
    BS&T
    The Byrds Greatest Hits
    Dylan Blonde on Blonde
    C King Tapestry

2. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

All of this talk about BS&T reminds me that I have an audio sampler that came with an issue of Eye Magazine up on my web page. It was produced to promote Al Kooper's first solo album I Stand Alone and BS&T's second album. Click Here For Scans and MP3's.

-Craig

3. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

Those albums are recorded so well even the standard releases don't sound that bad. It's really hard to mess up a superb recording-- but harder to make a bad one sound good. That's why we need Steve so much. Lots of bad recordings or at least poor masterings. It's just that BS&T is so good, even with the modern day mucking around, the music still comes through.

4. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

Agreed. The B,S&T SACD is one of the best of the Stereo only SACDs.

5. KLM

KLM Senior Member

I just got my MFSL copy of BS&T. Really a great record and great sounding gisc. As good as the MFSL cd is, I do think the Direct Disc lp is even better. Particularly the horns and bass really come through on the lp. I haven't heard the SACD version as I don't have a player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.