Blue Jeans Cables?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by dreamingtree1855, Oct 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

2. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Thus no matter what cables you use in your system, you are going to be hearing belden!

3. PB Point

PB Point Forum Resident

American. Trades on the NYSE. Ticker Symbol BDC.

Where’s the Beef?

4. MusicNBeer

MusicNBeer Forum Resident

BJC is all I use for interconnects. For RCA, I much prefer the 1505F to the LC1. It's still very low capacitance, yet super flexible and has better shielding in my experience. Their standard XLR choice is excellent; super flexible.

BJC cares about what's actually important with cables, the build quality, usability, and electrical parameters. They are certified snake oil free.

5. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

I've listened to Belden cable from BJC. I've listen to Belden cable from Iconoclast. Why did the Iconoclast sound really great while BJC sound like sheit?
    You think the design which BJC really doesn't have but Iconoclast does, have something to do with it?

6. MattHooper

MattHooper Forum Resident

Every consider another possibility?

Hint: Do you think your own perception is infallible?

Again...just try actually thinking the logic through. The cables you are claiming sound like sh#t are the type of cables generally used in making the recordings you are listening to. Explain if those cables are not capable of fully transmitting the sonic information, and not capable of sounding good, how could you possibly be enjoying the sound when your new fancy cables "reveal more" of the character of the sound actually captured via those "****" cables?

Really. Just give thinking through this a little whirl.

JohnCarter17, csgreene and MusicNBeer like this.
  7. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

You can buy audiophile recordings that are Belden-free.

8. MusicNBeer

MusicNBeer Forum Resident

And sponsored by the competition I'm sure. Bolden is great stuff. Fight the snake oil demons, fight hard!

JohnCarter17 and macster like this.
  9. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

I've got BJC throughout my entire system and I've never had one fail. High quality and cost effective all in the same package is hard to beat. Great customer service and super fast shipping to boot.

10. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I'd love to know how many people actually kick back after a long day at work or on the weekend to put on Audiophile demo/sampler music? Maybe if you get paid to review equipment for a living, or think music isn't really worth listening to, but instead listen to your equipment. That has NEVER been my M.O. whatsoever.

I trust OP has already figured out what kind of cabling they're going to buy and most of the banter/arguments here are not very useful to them...

csgreene and macster like this.
  11. You are a marketer’s wet dream.

JohnCarter17, BGLeduc and Bill Mac like this.
  12. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

The Iconoclast cables are made by Belden and assembled in Seattle by Blue Jeans Cable.

13. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

And . . . Wow! Expensive!

Ham Sandwich likes this.
  14. Slippers-on

I think it is you who thinks your perception is infallible. Because Blue Jean Cable has never been an audiophile cable to begin with but a pro AUDIO/video cable. You've even hinted at it yourself as well. Belden making the same claim. So where does Belden fit in?.....they stepped in to plug the gap with great audiophile high end cables...designed them theirselves and had BJC assemble them.

Oh....and btw Wireworld as well as Analysis Plus as well as lots of other cable companies also make pro cables as well as audiophile cables and to hear the Pro and audiophile high end cable does yield a great difference.....but only if you can hear to begin with.

I'm done with this conversation...buy and listen to what you will.

15. Slippers-on

IKR!....lol

16. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I have a number of Blue Jeans interconnects and they are a well built cable IMO. Not into high end cables but find the Blue Jeans cables sound just fine.
    If true (I'm not doubting you) then how can someone say one cable sounds horrible and the other cable sounds great. I honestly think some (not all) automatically think if a product costs more it must be better. Not always the case in my experience.

17. Slippers-on

Because BJC has always been a pro audio/video cable company while Beldon has designed audiophile high end cables...big difference.

Iconoclast Cables from Belden

18. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Blu Jeans also sells interconnects with Belden cable. So I'm not sure what your point there is.

Below is a direct quote from the Iconoclast link you posted. No offense but your thoughts that Iconclast cables are superior to Blue Jeans cables do not make any sense IMO.

All of these cables are manufactured by Belden in Richmond, Indiana and then assembled in Seattle, Washington, by Blue Jeans Cable, an audio/video cable assembly shop which has been working with Belden for over fifteen years in bringing broadcast-quality video, audio and data cabling to the consumer market.

Below is a link to Belden's site. I looked at it quickly and didn't see any consumer audiophile analog audio interconnects. From what I see from their site they manufacture the cable that goes in select Blue Jeans Cables as well as Iconoclast cables. Blue Jeans Cable lists the type of Belden cable is used. The Iconoclast link you posted doesn't specify which Belden cable is used. So it's possible that the same Belden cable type is used in both manufactures cables.

Stereo Cables at Blue Jeans Cable

Broadcast & AV Assemblies by Belden

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  19. Slippers-on

20. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

Iconoclast is a Belden brand. Belden makes the cable. It is uniquely made according to a particular original design by Belden for the Iconoclast line; it's not a cable that Belden makes and uses or sells outside of the Iconoclast line as far as I know. If you want to read the extensive design and engineering notes on both the interconnects and the speaker cables in the Iconoclast line, all that info is available -- The Story of Iconoclast Cable

https://www.iconoclastcable.com/story/4X4.pdf

https://www.iconoclastcable.com/story/speaker.pdf

https://www.iconoclastcable.com/story/rcaxlr.pdf

Belden is nothing if not transparent about specs and design of its products.

The Iconoclast cable is not the only cable on the market using a teflon tube and air with a spacer as part of it's dielectric, but it's the only cable of that sort that Belden makes.

Blue Jeans of course is not a cable manufacture. It just terminates and markets cable using cabling manufactured by Belden and Canare.

SandAndGlass, Shawn, mds and 3 others like this.
  21. recstar24

recstar24 Senior Member

yeah they sure are priced differently than blue jeans :)

22. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

LC-1 is built exclusively for Blue Jeans Cable by Belden, the leader in American communications cable, and is rated CM for in-wall installation in residential and commercial environments. For more information and specs on LC-1, read our "LC-1 Design Notes" article.

Just sayin'

Shawn and CBackley like this.
  23. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

Well, like I said, Blue Jeans doesn't actually make cable. They take mostly off the shelf cable -- though as noted above the commissioned the manufacture of the LC-1 -- manufactured by Belden and Canare, cut them to length, put terminations on them (from Canare or Neutrik) and sell them to you. Iconoclast is one of the wires that Belden makes, and in fact, the way Belden sells Iconoclast cable is through a marketing arrangement with Blue Jeans cable. Blue Jeans assembles the Iconoclast cables and maintains the Iconoclast website, but it's a separate website. The cables are not, I believe, sold on the Blue Jeans website.

24. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

A great example of "if you can't beat them, join them" type of capitalist philosophy. Belden is in business to make money, and figured out they were leaving money on the table if they did not sell expensive cables. Some people will not buy a certain product if it doesn't meet a certain price threshold due to strongly held superstitions or whatever. Now they can sell to that market. Will this venture work out for them over the long term? Only time will tell. I would never buy those Iconoclast cables, not even at 50% or 75% off. I'm not the target market. At least they are more transparent than some of their competitors that don't even list basic specs for their cables or attach "mystery boxes" to their cabling with a big garden hose jacket.

25. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

I dunno. I bet sales of Iconoclast cable represent less than a rounding error on Belden's books. Belden is, after all, a company with $2.5 billion in annual revenue. I don't know that Belden is looking to Iconoclast to be a meaningful addition to its topline.

Personally I find the air spacer, teflon tube dielectric concept interesting. It's certainly been widely adopted in a bunch of different cables with slightly different approaches. I haven't played around with that geometry but I'd like to. In terms of Galen Gareis' more general ideas about phase shift and time response and audio cable, I can't evaluate that stuff. But I'd certainly be interested in playing around with some of his cables if I could afford it. Making air spaced, twisted, teflon tubed interconnects at home is kind of challenging.

Kristofa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.