Blue Note Store Sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kaloman, Nov 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Just to update my own post...

I received my BN order yesterday. However, Art Blakey Vol 2 was not included and remains on backorder. I have not had a chance to clean and play, but will try to do that soon.

2. SJTM

SJTM Well-Known Member

Received notice last week that one of six items was unavailable until January, but rest would be shipped, Received package today sans backorder item.

3. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

4. Rob Zarzecki

Rob Zarzecki Forum Resident

Has it been determined yet if they ship orders out all at once if items are in stock mixed with pre-orders?

5. Rekkerds

Rekkerds Forum Resident

I haven't ordered from their website before but judging from previous posts, they will not split ship the order. They'll hold the order until all items are released.

Rob Zarzecki likes this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I believe that is correct when they were doing free shipping, but I’m not sure otherwise?

7. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up. Last time they held my order for about 8 weeks waiting for everything to become available.
    This time I placed an order for in stock items, and then placed a separate order for the Tone Poet pre-orders.

8. bresna

bresna Senior Member

Thank you for bringing this thread back up... I just realized that Blue Note never shipped my copy of Tina Brooks' "Minor Move" that I ordered last December 4th. Yes, they charged my credit card too. I am not really happy with them right now.

9. IrishSoul

IrishSoul Forum Resident

I ordered from them before, and yes, they hold until everything is there/ready. They are having 30% off again. I ordered a bunch of Tone Poets and Some 80BN that I was missing from my collection :) They sent me some dinged up ones before, and I contacted them, sent pictures and it took a while by they refunded me.

Rob Zarzecki likes this.
  10. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

alright as someone who isnt a big jazz guy, but really likes the organ in jazz (jimmy smith) is there anything here i should key in on?
    Already got baby face, and jimmy smith but thought there might be others i dont know about such as some jazzfunk/souljazz

11. theboyfrombluesea

theboyfrombluesea Member

Rentz, for SoulJazz, you might like: Grant Green - Alive, Reuben Wilson - Blue Mode or Lonnie Smith - Think.
    Also, Stanley Turrentine has nice album with Shirley Scott (fine organist) on it: Hustlin'.
    My favorite among those are: Hustin' and Alive. But Alive has lesser audiophile quality sound. Maybe since it was recorded live...

Rekkerds likes this.
  12. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Thanks, I’ve been looking up a lot of the blue notes to see who has an organist but it’s so many to sort.
    Grants first stand , alive were in my cart I’ll give the rest an audition on tidal

13. hutlock

14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

hutlock likes this.
  15. hutlock

Yep, and you can buy it on CD too if you aren’t a DL person.

16. IrishSoul

IrishSoul Forum Resident

Blue Note - Most Sampled, a playlist by Shelby Erickson on Spotify Most sampled Blue Note Playlist from Spotify. Shows you the diversity of music that has sampled Jazz.. Not sure if that helps, but its kinda cool :) (In my opinion).

17. atlantasteven

atlantasteven Mercy Mercy Me

I ordered a signed CD from Norah Jones' upcoming album for less than $10. The first single includes Jeff Tweedy.

wynnwikman likes this.
  18. bresna

bresna Senior Member

If you make an order with Blue Note, skip Tina Brooks' "Minor Move". They just e-mailed me that it is still backordered. This is simply ridiculous. I've seen this record in many stores in the past few months but held off on buying it because I already did.

19. pressureworld

pressureworld Forum Resident

It looks like Blue Note is having another 20% off entire store sale.

20. bresna

bresna Senior Member

They never did deliver all of my LPs from the last sale so I eventually cancelled the rest of it. I won't be ordering from them again.

21. pressureworld

pressureworld Forum Resident

Wow, that's crazy what excuse did they give you?

22. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Yeah I am still waiting for the Sam Rivers Contours LP I ordered last December if not earlier. I still have a stack of records to be listened to so I have been patient but this is pretty bad.

pressureworld likes this.
  23. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

Tone Poet?

I have a perfect one here that is n my Trade Pile. One pass on my VPI after opening and cleaning.

If you are tired of waiting, PM me.

24. floyd

floyd Senior Member

That is very nice. I will check into the status of the order, I am not even sure if they charged me or not as it was part of bigger order all the other stuff came through. They were keeping me updated but I haven't seen an update in a while. Don't hold it back if you get a chance to sell it, I'll get back when I find out what's up. Thanks.

25. Dignan2000

Dignan2000 Forum Resident

Wayne Shorter’s “Emanon” is 25% off today only (until midnight EDT) at Blue Note’s website. Definitely worth checking out if you are unfamiliar with his newer material.

hutlock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.