Bluesound Node N130 (2021) w/ 4K TV connected to the Node via HDMI

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by mds, May 15, 2022.

1. mds

mds Forum Resident Thread Starter

Has anyone used this new streamer with their 4K TV? I am curious how they hooked it up. I assume one would go from the TVs HDMI eARC port to the back of the Node into its HDMI eARC compliant port but are there any other settings that need to be made for it to play through a 2-channel system? How was the lip/dialogue syncing? Any lag?

I am thinking of going from the TV to the Node then the Node to my preamplifier then to my amplifier and finally to my speakers. Might even add a subwoofer. This all seems simple and straight forward, but is it and does it work well with the Node?

2. Donivey

Donivey Forum Resident

I've done this, and it does work well. You may have to go into your TV settings and try different audio out choices, I can't remember. First, just try it as is. I did notice that volume level changed when going from the hdmi earc input to the Coax input, and the preamp had to be adjusted to suit.

mds likes this.
  3. Kristofferabild

Kristofferabild Forum Resident

How is the lip sync via HDMI? I have heard of people having trouble with it on a Node.

4. mds

mds Forum Resident Thread Starter

I want to like this post due to the fact you responded but I do not like the response, but that is what I am looking to hear, both positive and negative. Do I take that you do not have direct experience and this is second hand? I heard this second hand also however I believe the person had issue with a blue-ray player going into the Node's HDMI and not the TV. A delay in syncing the sound to the lips would drive me nuts.
    Yes I might have to go into the setting and set it up for PCM due to going 2-channel, not sure, but I assume I might have to experiment. How is the lip syn between the sound and the lips moving, do they match up without a lag. That is a big concern of mine. Thanks.

Kristofferabild likes this.
  5. Kristofferabild

Kristofferabild Forum Resident

Yes, second hand information only.

However, I did try sound out on my TV via optical to my Node and had noticeable lip sync issues here.
    But HDMI EARC should fix that problem, in theory at least.

mds likes this.
  6. edwyun

edwyun Forum Resident

No lip sync issues using HDMI eARC from 4K TV to Bluesound Node (N130) to 2-channel DAC to audio system. But even if you did, the Bluesound app has a lip sync delay adjustment from 50-150ms.

Kristofferabild likes this.