Bob Dylan 2021 - 2024 Tour Announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TheGoodDoctor, Aug 28, 2021.

1. RaceBannon

RaceBannon Forum Resident

Nuts. No show within even a few hours from me. Normally would make the drive to Chicago and/or Milwaukee but recent surgical procedure rules that out for me. Figures that the 2 closest shows to me (5-6 hours) are the very first 2 of the tour.

2. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Anyone wanna speculate on what Rough And Rowdy songs will be performed?

I'm think Goodbye Jimmy Reed will make the cut.

3. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Not my favorite track but Black Rider would fit the Lenny Bruce/girl from the north country slot well

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  4. Rabbit Music

Rabbit Music Forum Resident

Last couple of years I slowly became a Bob Dylan fan. I have never seen him before and now bought tickets for the Beacon theatre. As he is not getting younger, I did not want to wait any longer. I travel from the Netherlands. Im very excited.

kouzie, jeffrey walsh, Troyh and 13 others like this.
  5. shades

shades Forum Resident

I’m pretty much in the same boat as a fan. But, only driving 20 minutes to see a show, so you got me there. :righton:

Rabbit Music likes this.
  6. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

Welcome to the party! You have a nearly bottomless body of work to experience.

7. Tony Glass

Tony Glass Forum Resident

I’m a caregiver for a high risk parent so I was unwilling to buy a ticket this time. Was very tempted to go to the Cincinnati show but fortunately I saw him in 2019.

would be nice to hear some Rough n Rowdy live though.

Twinge Crispy likes this.
  8. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

I just marked my personal 50th anniversary as a fan of all things Zimmerman. But sitting in a packed theater is the last thing I want to do. Bob, just give us Shadow Kingdom, the sequel. You don't need the risk, the money or the applause.

9. bdylan66

bdylan66 Active Member

Being “a fan of all things Zimmerman” follow his lead and get back out into the world. Work. Live. Enjoy.

10. LeftHandMonkeyWrench

LeftHandMonkeyWrench New Member

Did anyone notice an Oct. 11 show scheduled in Albuquerque, NM on Tickemaster which has now vanished (but if you google "dylan tour new mexico 2021" you'll see the ghost) ??
    Any word on any Southwest warm-up shows before the tour starts in Milwaukee? I've seen Bob at a few theater shows a week or so before the full tour starts before and wondered if it was gonna be the case here.....
    Cheers

11. shades

shades Forum Resident

I saw a rumor on another forum that the tour was supposed to start on west coast, but those plans were scrapped. Maybe the Albuquerque show wasn’t purged from TM correctly?

12. TerpStation

TerpStation "Music's not for everyone."

Elvis Costello hired Charlie Sexton for his upcoming tour.......i wonder what Bob's band will look like moving forward.......

Rockford & Roll and Davido like this.
  13. RaceBannon

That's disappointing, as I like Sexton and his cowboy like get up usually complements Dylan's style, as on the 2019 tour.

Floater and Dark Horse 77 like this.
  14. NH147

NH147 Forum Resident

I thought Charlie was only playing the first two shows of that Elvis run? Damn.

aintgotnoclock likes this.
  15. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

Another fan of 50+ years (and 50+ shows) here. Taxman has it exactly right.

As far as "following Bob's lead," it's utterly naïve to think that, given his age, Dylan won't be traveling in the tightest of protective bubbles during this tour — a level of protection unavailable to most of us, who'll be required to sit shoulder-to-shoulder in an enclosed space for a couple hours to see him perform.

Taxman and Markab like this.
  16. aintgotnoclock

aintgotnoclock Forum Resident

The ER heads said this is the case.

17. Sneezyachew

Sneezyachew Forum Resident

If you're fully vaxxed and boosted y'all should be alright. But if you don't feel comfortable, that's your call.

Markab and majorlance like this.
  18. RaceBannon

The problem is all the other numbnuts sitting around you that aren't fully vaxxed, Sneezy.

Twinge Crispy and Man at C&A like this.
  19. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

Agreed — it would probably be OK. And I feel fairly confident of my own chances of surviving breakthrough Covid. But my partner (who incidentally spent her HS years near Providence) is on maintenance chemo & her parents are 90 years old. So I'm still playing things safe for the foreseeable.

20. FillmoreGuy

FillmoreGuy Forum Resident

Got tickets for the Beacon Theater, and I believe you have to show proof of vaccination to get in. Proof of your sanity however is another story. ;)

Sneezyachew likes this.
  21. Sneezyachew

Sneezyachew Forum Resident

You have to show proof at both shows i'm attending.

22. RaceBannon

That's what they say, but already from first hand experience, the actual practice of checking and enforcement has varied greatly.

Twinge Crispy and majorlance like this.
  23. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

The ticket master site that I got tickets from has all the shows listed that do and don't do health checks. For those worried, it might help to check there.
    Looks like Louisville, Beacon, Boston and Washington DC are the ones making people do a health check.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  24. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I’m going to see Elvis Costello in a few weeks……then Bob Dylan in November, so it’s win/win for me.

Davido, Alfie Noakes and DeeThomaz like this.
  25. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

False Prophet and Crossing the Rubicon

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.