BOB DYLAN 50th Anniversary Collection 1969

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Darren Smith, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Well, I guess in an hour or two we all find out. I strongly suspect that this will not end well and it will add to a small list of suppliers that will disappear from my horizon in future.

Why, oh, why did we not just get the standard BS series packaging that has been typical over the last few years? Seems like it would have been perfect for a five disc set with a nice book in the usual box.

What happens here is that you get left with a very bad taste in the mouth and stop falling for the strange ploys in future. I'm looking at you Egypt Station suitcase. Luckily that was so ridiculous that it was easy to jump off the bandwagon and not feel in the slightest bit disappointed at failing (or that should be deciding) not to play along.

There will probably be three scenarios here:

1. It is £200-£300 and I walk away from the Dylan/Badlands fiasco and the other lovingly collected sets of the last decade or so feel no longer that special or complete anymore.

2. It is £20 but sold out immdiately. Ggrr!

3. It is £20 and a copy wings its way in my direction, but I feel pangs of guilt for all of those who were less fortunate because they were not able to sit there waiting at 9.00am because of work commitments or their location does not allow a purchase or merely that they did not even find out about it until it was too late.

None of these is satisfactory in reality. When did buying music become this broken? It is supposed to be fun and these sets an educational deep dive, not a race to the prize, pushing everyone out of the way and gloating at your win.

Sigh!

Here is an idea. Put it out as a free cover disc with a magazine or sell them unlimited at cost price and absolutely everyone goes home happy.

2. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I’m amazed people don’t spend a few minutes doing research here before leaping to conclusions. Badlands sold the six LP set for £79.99. The nine LP set for £99.99. Seems reasonable to me, considering the contents.

bobcat, Phil Daniels and hodgo like this.
  3. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

You may be right and I hope that it does come in on a reasonable price point, but it's hidden essentially from a lot of interested buyers who are going to be disappointed at 9.10am or whatever time that they realise they missed the opportunity and it is limited to 300 or whatever copies.

I know that this is somewhat forced upon the suppliers by the copyright laws but just make it all available to all the fans not just the lucky few. They will all probably find it elsewhere later but I would rather pay Bob s0mething for his work than have to search out copies elsewhere. I still feel guilt for managing to obtain Wings Over Europe as part of a set which many will still not have had the opportunity to hear.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Imagine70 and hodgo like this.
  4. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Done. Super easy checkout process. Took less than 30 seconds to wrap up the order.

Sean, PhantomStranger and rednax like this.
  5. leefarber

leefarber Senior Member

Got one! Man, that went FAST!

rednax likes this.
  6. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Got it!

£19.99 + shipping!

7. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

So 2! Grrr!

8. appleboy

appleboy Forum Resident

got it

Sean and rednax like this.
  9. appearcomposed

appearcomposed Forum Resident

Got it! Price was more reasonable than I expected. Back to sleep now! :winkgrin:

Sean, rednax and mrjinks like this.
  10. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Sold!

11. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

Well sold out in less than a minute

12. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Managed to get a copy but sold out in one minute!

13. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

14. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

33.99 GBP, with shipping to US.

It appears I successfully nabbed one, but I’ll wait to celebrate until it’s in my hands. (OK, I’m celebrating a little).

15. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

I'm not seeing it on the site any longer -- wonder if it was gone that quick. Less than 90 seconds maybe?

16. Justin Brooks

Justin Brooks Forum Resident

what the hell? i logged in at exactly 9:00AM and i get this message "The inventory level for the following product is below what you ordered, so we could not proceed with the checkout."

was hoping it was an error but i guess not!

Sean, kronning, joannenugent and 3 others like this.
  17. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Sorry Badlands, probably not your fault but won't be shopping again!

18. Attila the Professor

Attila the Professor Forum Resident

I got the same

19. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Missed it, took me to long to enter te payment details. Thought they used PayPal

20. ecoutez

ecoutez Forum Resident

Got one as well (alarm early as overseas on a trip) but sold out very quickly. First one of the anniversary copyright sets I have (hopefully) got so excited!

Sean, mrjinks, Kiss73 and 3 others like this.
  21. Regandron

Regandron Forum Resident

I missed it too.... thought i'd got one when it was in the cart.....

Justin Brooks likes this.
  22. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

Ugh, sold out despite having my details in at a few seconds past 9. How irritating.

23. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Me too

24. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Yep, just seen that! I wonder how many copies were sold?

I can't believe I was successful, there was a blip initially after I hit to enter my completed payment details when I got the message, "Check Out Temporarily Unavailable", I immediately hit the button again and for what seemed liked an eternity I got the loading message before it was succesful.

Sean, mrjinks, GuyDon and 2 others like this.
  25. joannenugent

joannenugent Forum Resident

Got one apparently....
    Not celebrating yet, but if all goes smoothly, this will be the first Copyright release I ever got!!!
    Okey dokey, back to bed for me.

Sean, mrjinks, Kiss73 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.