BOB DYLAN 50th Anniversary Collection 1969

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Darren Smith, Dec 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrProgQuest

DrProgQuest Forum Resident

If you tried to order 2 that is probably what you did wrong. Limited to 1 per cusotmer. ;)

dormouse likes this.
  2. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

I was not on their mailing list, just became a member this morning around 8. Well anyway, the world will keep turning even without this cd.

kronning likes this.
  3. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

Seriously bummed out.

I set up an account yesterday and bought something so that this
    transaction would goe fast with all my payment info in the system,
    but it didn't help. So I've asked them to cancel the prior transaction
    and refund my money.

What a bummer.
    '
    the item was:
    WTTW Studios,Chicago,September 10th 1975 (10" VINYL)
    TSON1001

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    dormouse likes this.
  4. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Spot on. Likewise, I am happy for those who won the lottery. Getting the email made no difference. I refreshed immediately, entered everything at the fastest speed I could, to no avail.

I have the same taste in my mouth. My only way of fighting back is not to use Badlands again. They have lost a customer (probably more than one) by playing these stupid industry games. Sadly people who care for their music have long memories.

It is an interesting fact that many of these discussion threads which begin with hope and anticipation for a new and eagerly awaited release by a favourite artist end in massive disappointment and a lot of furious posts about the inability of the record companies to service their musicians. Can you imagine one of the hard-nosed music business executives in the sixties spending all of this effort ensuring that customers cannot buy their client's music. LOL. They would have been sacked on the spot. We live in very strange times.

Sean, agundy, Imagine70 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

I missed out.

Even me. :laugh:

This will inevitably end up on a factory pressed cd clone now. How can it not?

Please don’t pander to people who might put these on eBay for excessive amounts. :realmad:

Sean, mrjinks, Imagine70 and 3 others like this.
  6. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

Unfortunately, this release isn't about getting the music out to the people and Sony surely doesn't care right now if money was left on the table.

They pressed enough copies for sale that would ensure, in their minds, that the copyright on this material had sufficiently been addressed and attached to their intellectual property. That's it.

I am curious to see how many were actually pressed.

Sean, Willowman and jlf like this.
  7. bobcat

bobcat Forum Resident

Why are you blaming Badlands? It's not their fault.

It's always easier to blame the victim which will cause you the least inconvenience, isn't it?

Or if you need someone to blame, blame Dylan and his record company.

"Fight back" and throw out all your Dylan CDs etc....

8. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

I got a copy and still have a bad feeling about the whole situation. That folks who were eager to hear this material and followed all the instructions weren’t able to get it because orders weren’t in within 90 seconds of 4am (in my time zone at least) is ridiculous. I see the other side of the argument - that this isn’t being treated like a normal release because it’s a barrel scraping money-keeping move for copyright reasons. I guess that explains why Bobco is ok with the super limited craziness. But I really wish these would have been in a deluxe BS15 box for more people to enjoy or at least that we’d get an indication of how many copies of the copyright dump would be sold.

Imagine70, hodgo and Richard--W like this.
  9. Afaninfull

Afaninfull Forum Resident

I also bought something from Badlands yesterday but Badlands seems to be a reputable business (I have ordered from them before) and I am sure if given the choice, they would have loved to increase the amount of Copyright sets they were allocated.

This limited number is entirely from the Dylan camp. They dictate the number of sets and this was designed to protect copyright and not to please hard core fans.

I think Badlands tried to help out their customers as best they could given the situation. I’ll enjoy my copy of Isis and somehow down the road hope to hear these songs.

Sean, mrjinks, Phil Daniels and 5 others like this.
  10. TheGoodDoctor

TheGoodDoctor It used to go something like that

I’m reasonably sanguine about missing out. But the fact is I was willing to part with the cash and probably wouldn’t have blanched if the cost was double.

And I still want to get my hands on the discs so my options appear to be acquire a copy via someone who was more fortunate than me or....err break into the Sony vault in some kind of mission impossible stunt.

11. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

It is a pity that this method has to be used. If legislation was in place that would ensure the rights of the artist fairly, these recordings would not have been released anyway. Can we blame an artist for being selective in what he wants to release? The European legislation forces him to release stuff that is not fit for release.

12. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

This was biased against those of us old enough to have bought Nashville Skyline when it was first released, and due to our now advanced years are not as speedy using our computer keyboard ...

ted321, Sean, John Porcellino and 9 others like this.
  13. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

I agree. The blame should be laid in the laps of Dylan Inc and Sony...not Badlands.

They got a chance to sell an extremely limited, and official, Dylan CD. Pretty cool, really. They knew that it would sell out in minutes and that there would be hurt feelings all over the globe, but their messages throughout the day tried to set an expectation that it would sell out quickly and that some people would even lose the item once it was in their cart if they didn't complete their payment info fast enough.

14. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I did the same.

I have also asked them to cancel the order I was conned into making as well as how to delete my account with them.

Not impressed at all. First and last attempt to use Badlands.

Boy, am I grumpy! ;)

Richard--W likes this.
  15. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

True to a degree, but don't consort with the devil if you do not want to reap the consequences. They should have passed on it. I imagine they have lost an awful lot of potential future customers because of this.

16. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I’m not trying to defend this release, but these “anniversary” sets are limited for a reason. The material was never really intended to be released. I wouldn’t be surprised if only 100 were made.
    I have the two other vinyl sets and I really wish I was able to punch in my CC info faster.

EdwinM and jlf like this.
  17. Snaphappy

Snaphappy Colour Me Grumpy!

Exactly the same experience here.....

Kept clicking for 30 minutes ..kept getting same message then “hung up”!

18. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I’m surprised they were charging £12 shipping to the Netherlands! I didn’t through with my order.

19. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

The irony of this being so limited is that they encourage the very thing the release is trying to stop -bootlegs !

peace and love✌Dave

ted321, Sean, jamiesjamies and 8 others like this.
  20. Richard--W

I've got the same bad taste.

I've been refreshing the page since last night. I did everything right.
    I was on it the moment it went active and I still didn't get one.
    This is how it goes with the copyright protection collections.
    Once again the Dylan organization maneuvers me toward the unofficial bootleggers.
    I'd rather give my money to Dylan, but ...

Jimmy B. and Imagine70 like this.
  21. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I really don't care about industry nonsense. This is ill-advised on so many levels. The underlying reasons I understand but the end result is massively flawed.

Sony have lost out, Bob has lost out, Badlands have lost out. But most of all the fans of his music have lost out.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  22. Richard--W

It was a con, wasn't it.

My neighbor's dog is barking again and it's driving me nuts at 3:11 am.
    If Badlands doesn't cancel the prior order and refund me I'm going to
    kick the neighbors dog and it will be all their fault.

23. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Sadly Badlands will probably be the worst loser here. We were encouraged to register and even buy something to prove that the account worked. Oh, dear. That does not sit well at all. I did so and have now requested a refund and how to cancel the account. I'm not the only one.

Yeah, we are small fry in this but it is unpalatable and I am swimming away.

24. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

:laughup:

25. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Yes, it is.

There is a neighbour cutting his lawn outside now and I can't get back to sleep! ;)

Badlands have apparently "received my feedback and will replay shortly if required".

Remember when we could go out to these things called shops, browse shelves, choose music, buy it (!) and then go home, play it and smile?

Jimmy B. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.