Bob Dylan 60th Anniversary Greatest Hits Re-Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by HuntingBare, Sep 27, 2022.

1. HuntingBare

HuntingBare Forum Resident Thread Starter

Any more info yet on these 60th anniversary vinyl releases of the Greatest Hits I, II, and III albums?

Sony Music|ボブ・ディラン|私が選んだディランの1曲

[​IMG]

Would be very exciting if these were 'real' vinyl releases i.e. analogue (not MOFI ;-)).

I have vintage vinyl versions of Greatest Hits and Greatest Hits 2. Don't think I have ever seen a vinyl copy of III, but it was a very well selected compilation and helped give Dylan a welcome fillip in the mid 90s doldrums.

Pretty.Odd. likes this.
  2. HuntingBare

3. moops

moops Senior Member

From CD JAPAN about VOL 3 ……

This is a unique Japanese project commemorating the 60th anniversary of Bob Dylan's record debut, and is an analog record produced by the company from cutting to pressing. Greatest Hits Vol. III" was released in 1994, 23 years after the release of "Vol. 2" in 1971. Selected by Dylan himself, it features 14 songs from the 28 years between 1973's "Billy the Kid" and 1990's "Under the Red Sky". Since its initial release in 1994, the LP has never been reissued and is extremely hard to find, and was used as the subject of a novel by Akio Miyazawa, "Bob Dylan Greatest Hits Vol. 3". This time, the album was released in Japan first, ahead of the rest of the world. This time, the LP is being re-released in Japan ahead of the rest of the world. This time, it will be re-released first in Japan, ahead of the rest of the world. / Consistently produced on clear red vinyl / Latest remastering / Cut at Sony Music Studios Tokyo in 2022 / Commentary and supplemental information, new bilingual translation and translator's notes included / E-style single jacket, inner sleeve reproduced
    *Since this product is extremely limited, only one copy may be purchased by a customer.

HuntingBare likes this.
  4. moops

moops Senior Member

VOL 2 …..

Japan's original project to commemorate the 60th anniversary of Bob Dylan's record debut is an in-house integrated production analogue record from cutting to press. The second collection of the best album, which was released in 1971 and recorded the highest 14th place in the United States, is a combination of representative songs and hit songs from among the songs released after '63. Dylan, who became in the limelight as a folk singer, changed his music style flexibly, innovatively and rapidly, and made it rich with a great influence on rock music, but the content that can overlook such a progress. It contains a total of 21 songs, including 5 songs that were officially unreleased and songs released only in singles, although its existence was known in the pirate version, it continues to be a long-selling album different from the mere best. The impressive jacket of Dylan's icon, which was filmed at the Bangladesh concert, is also wonderful. ●With commentary and new translation ●Blue Clear Vinyl ●A-type W jacket ●Remastering in 2022 ●Obi reproduction

5. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

...on Sony?

6. moops

moops Senior Member

VOL 1 ….. the translation is kind of goofy in parts, but that’s what it gave me. :)

Released in 1967, Dylan's first best album is the 8th work that has been a long-selling record of 10th highest in the United States. There are 10 early hit songs and representative songs that were born in about 5 years since 1962's record debut, and Dylan, who was even called the god of folk, adopted rock sound and created many innovative songs. The footprints were summarised. Peter, Paul & Marie's cover became the second place in the U.S. "Blowed by the wind", Dylan's first TOP 40 hit "Subtaren Homesick Blues", "Like a Rolling Stone" ranked second in the United States, Si It luxuriously includes classics such as "Sonely 4th Avenue" which was released only in Ngura and recorded for the first time in the album. An illustration poster by Milton Glaser that conveys Dylan's charm with a pop and psychedeous touch. ●Transparent Clear Vinyl ●Latest Remastered in 2022 ●Cutting at Sony Music Studios Tokyo ●With commentary and new translation ●A-style jacket ●Reproduction of LP band at the first release in Japan

joeislive likes this.
  7. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

lol

moops likes this.
  8. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

This is unintentionally funny.

Next Big Thing and moops like this.
  9. BlueJay

BlueJay Forum Resident

Google translate? Got my blue vinyl copy of Greatest Hits Vol II today from CDJapan. It's a beaut!

HuntingBare and moops like this.
  10. ivor

ivor Senior Member

If you have a chance, please let us know how it sounds!

11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Here’s the track listing for volume I

A1.Woman on a rainy day
    A2. Blowing in the wind
    A3. Times change
    A4. Sad babe
    A5. Like a Rolling Stone
    B1. Mr. Tamblyn Man
    B2. Subterranean Homesick Blues
    B3.I Want You
    B4.Lonely 4th Avenue
    B5. like a woman

Fred1970 and milankey like this.
  12. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Mr. Tamblyn Man

[​IMG]

13. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Bought Greatest Hits. Volume 3. I received a promo postcard of Dylan and Suze Rotolo, walking in an open field with Mt. Fuji in the background. I smiled at that.

[​IMG]

14. HuntingBare

I’d love to have that album on vinyl but it’s a tad expensive on import to uk. Enjoy.

15. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

How’s it sound? I’ve wanted this for a long time but not sure it’s worth the money to have it shipped to the US.

16. timnor

timnor Forum Resident

Last edited: Dec 26, 2022
    HuntingBare and drift like this.
  17. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I have listened to it without comparing. I don't think that it is anything special, soundwise. Seems to lack dynamics. It is, however, a very nice package, with lyric booklet and two flat, clean vinyl records (as you would expect with Sony).