Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks (Mofi Ultradisc One-Step 45rpm 2LP vinyl)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DotKom11, May 15, 2019.

1. floyd

floyd Senior Member

That can't be how it works because I got 1189 and I just ordered in July.

It is very clean pressing I will try to listen to it soon.

2. teag

teag Forum Resident

Received number 407. In perfect condition.

Sounds fantastic. I have an original and the MFSL 33. To me, the original sounds better than the 33, more depth. I’ll do an A/B with the one step at some point but I will say the one step grabbed my attention and held it in an extreme fashion. I don’t think it gets any better than this.

3. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

I'm vicariously enjoying these boffo impressions of the realism, presence, attention-grabbing vividness, insane guitar sound, and extreme in-the-room there-ness of this release. I had no doubt that this is the ultimate audiophile presentation and a spectacular way to hear the album and get thisclose to the master tape.

But still not yet motivated enough to spring for what would be my seventh copy of this album.

Goatboy likes this.
  4. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Bring on the Blonde On Blonde Mono 4 lp MoFi One-Step.

$225.00

Chemguy, djost, caracallac and 5 others like this.
  5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Sell the others.

bluesfan, A6mzero, CBackley and 4 others like this.
  6. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I just received mine. Number 0423.

It's over a 100 degrees outside. Closer to 110.

The carton is hot. Inside the carton the box-set is hot.

I guess I'd better take it out of the shrinkwrap now.

7. bwalk63

bwalk63 Well-Known Member

So here is my humble review on my low end system compared to some/most. #0756
    First off I have the mofi 33 #017725, and love the sound and have listened to it too many times to count, so I know the sound of it well. Sounds wonderful.
    My One step is amazing, clean, no scuffs on sleeves, dead quiet vinyl with no pops. I listened to both sides and the soundstage was better, like others have said more space between notes and instruments. Dylan's voice was more forward?? Gave depth and and meaning to the words?? If that make sense. To me Big Girl and Shelter from the storm were standouts. After I listened to the entire album. I listened to "Shelter" again then switched to the mofi 33. Listened at the same levels and it was night and day. The mofi sounded flat(even though I know it isn't). This is my second one step, Portrait in Jazz being the other(which also sounds amazing). I love this Dylan Album and I think they did a wonderful job.

bluejimbop, Lucca90, djost and 7 others like this.
  8. thesisinbold

thesisinbold Forum Resident

Mines warped but sounds marvelous

9. RZangpo2

RZangpo2 Forum Know-It-All

I got #730 and compared it to the MoFi 33rpm. A definite improvement! The One Step simply brings you closer to the performance. I assume it's a combination of the One Step process (two steps closer to the master tape), the super-quiet vinyl, and the 45rpm cut. I found listening to it a riveting experience.

If this is one of your favorite albums (as it is mine), don't hesitate! Get it while you can (to quote Janis Joplin).

Spencer R, djost, mpayan and 3 others like this.
  10. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I won't be playing mine until I get the right speakers for my system.

Would someone address the speed issue?

Blood On the Tracks was speeded up about 2 to 4 percent on original release.
    Every subsequent edition maintained this speed-up except for Columbia's
    Half-Speed Master which was at the natural speed.

What about the One-Step?

11. DPC

DPC Forum Resident

Just finished listening...
    The discs had some debris ...ran them through the Nitty Gritty and they came out fine.
    Concur with previous reviews. Seriously great stuff.
    My only current comp is the MoFi 33...but this is really a league above to me.
    This is my 2nd One-Step, and both are stellar (Nightfly)
    This is also the 4th 33 /45 combo i have from the same “source” (rumours, cat tillerman ap, and pet sounds (stereo) ap), and although those are all great with big improvement 45 vs. 33, this one is definitely the biggest positive delta. (doesn’t hurt that it’s a 52-min album, too).
    I’ll needledrop both the 33 & 45 as it’ll be fun to insta-compare.
    I may go ahead and order another just to have or gift...it’s too good.

Lucca90 and Echoes Myron like this.
  12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I preordered my copy in Jan or Feb 2018.

13. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

Good for you

teag and CBackley like this.
  14. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I listened to my copy last night. The vinyl was quiet and the sound was great/detailed. I've never heard this title on vinyl.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Click For Full-Size Image.

15. Stone Turntable

Stone Turntable Independent Head

If you look to the top of the page at the poll, you'll see that the "No buy" vote (which has just edged into the lead) has seemingly been invited to play along, so no need to go all Snidely Whiplash on me.

:cheers:

However, when I finally weaken and relent and buy this beast, I invite you to be the first to say "I told you so, you dang hypocrite!"

Tommyboy likes this.
  16. japhyman

japhyman Forum Resident

Ouch! Those are some scuffs. Glad to hear it sounds great though

I'm hoping for the best with mine, which because I guess of the $99 pre-order it was shipped fedex smart post (maybe $100 is where Music Direct bumps you up to Fed Ex Ground?) , so Ive been watching the tracking info as it travels through 5 or 6 different states and wondering about how those sleeves are handling the longer than desired journey.

I would've gladly sent Music Direct another dollar if that's what the difference actually was in upgrading to better shipping. Mine was shipped last thursday and should arrive this thursday. Pre-ordered Jan 2018.

Tullman likes this.
  17. DPC

DPC Forum Resident

oooh...that looks like it got “tangled up in...” ...something.
    I bet it sounded superb on your setup.

Tullman and CBackley like this.
  18. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I think I reqd a huge number were ordered over the phone prior to announcement.
    Same speed as the oroginal 1975.

Richard--W likes this.
  19. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

I ordered a copy from Mofi direct yesterday, shipped today. Not sure why MD would be out of stock.

20. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Agree on Shelter. Even with levels matched the 1-Step has so much more energy and presence.

I also compared the MOFi 33 of LRATJOH. The bass on the 1-step is so much more defined. Better separation of drums organ and guitar. Quite a large difference really.

They knocked it out of the park with this one.

21. baroquehoedown33

baroquehoedown33 Electro-synthemagnetic musical dork

My jackets are just as scuffed! What the heck is that all about? These things are super cushioned inside the box, I can't for the life of me figure out why they are so bad.

Tullman and CBackley like this.
  22. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Yikes! That’s some serious scuffing.

23. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

One interesting thing I noticed is that the record itself is somewhat transparent. Did anyone else notice this or is this common and not interesting at all?
    And yes this was before the bourbon.

baroquehoedown33 and Xander2017 like this.
  24. Jemspeed

Jemspeed Well-Known Member

Got number 1298 today. Sounds fantastic compared against the MoFi SACD. All of the instruments sing on this release and all of the sounds of hands and picks banging against the guitar are more present and add a greater sense of being there performance.

bluejimbop and Echoes Myron like this.
  25. Jemspeed

Jemspeed Well-Known Member

The new “super vinyl” is semi-transparent