Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks (Mofi Ultradisc One-Step 45rpm 2LP vinyl)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DotKom11, May 15, 2019.

1. Fred68

Fred68 Loves Music

The second paragraph of the ad copy in the release announcement is absolutely, unquestionably, quite stunningly, mystifyingly, the most hyperbolic prose I have ever encountered in the history of the written word:

Presenting the record's acoustic and band-supported songs with the utmost transparency, dynamics, presence, immediacy, spaciousness, and imaging, Mobile Fidelity's opulent UD1S (UltraDisc One-Step) box set makes Blood on the Tracks reach three-dimensional sonic and emotional heights never before attained. Strictly limited to 9,000 numbered copies and pressed at RTI on SuperVinyl, this ultra-hi-fi collector's edition shines a high-powered light on the fluid vocal phrasing, timbral shifts, functional rhythms, and inward-looking strumming crucial to the album's aura. You'll enjoy deep-black backgrounds, boundless soundstaging, pointillist details, staggering dynamics, and arguably, the most lifelike tonalities and nuances ever committed to vinyl. Every note, breath, and movement is reproduced with exquisite accuracy, wowing clarity, and impeccable balance.

Seriously, who wrote that?

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

The Mofi 33 rpm version is the best version of this album to date.

3. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

I bought it and with all of the recent Blood on the Tracks product lately I am making room for, “Bob Dylan sings Blood on the Tracks in the Shower” which I expect will be shipping just prior to Christmas.

4. Jemspeed

Jemspeed Well-Known Member

Third paragraph should say “special prescuffed foil stamped jackets,” but nonetheless I love these releases.

Twinsfan007, Jimijam and CBackley like this.
  5. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

... like the Grateful Dead and Dave's Miserly Picks.

mpayan and Dominator like this.
  6. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I personally think strictly limited to 3000 has worked on other titles and that’s about as far as a special release like this should go. All that want one will still get one. It just requires a bit of decisiveness and initiative.

7. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Pre-ordered months ago.

8. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Strictly limited to how ever many will sell.

9. This Heat

This Heat Forum Resident

I pre-ordered mine the other day with MD. Looking forward to it. Curious how much of an upgrade over the regular MOFI it will be

10. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

The MoFi SACD is fine for me.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  11. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Should have been aptly titled, Blood On The Debit Card.

I may be in. The only thing that scares me is if this turns out to be where one of the laquers gets damaged, and we all get a bad side 3, et al.

That would suck.

AFA likes this.
  12. willmatic

willmatic Forum Resident

Preordered this one a couple months ago.

13. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

The "Limited Edition" label is losing it's luster with 9000 copies being offered for BOTT. Santana's Abraxas was 2000 and Bill Evans Sunday at the Village Vanguard was 3000. What's next 10,000 or 12,000 copies?

Twinsfan007 and GentleSenator like this.
  14. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I for one don’t really mind the high number. The low pressing elitist ******** just leads to a drive up of costs on the secondary market. People who want the music should have the music.

15. Goatboy

Goatboy Forum Resident

At least there’s plenty of copies, so hopefully replacements would be available.

Chicken Shack. likes this.
  16. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Not really. My 70's copy bests it. Of course all in my opinion.

Nephrodoc likes this.
  17. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

I hope so. Actually make it 25,000 and drop the price to 99.99

18. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

That'd be the "Plenty Available Edition" ;). Then maybe 12,500 copies would be defect free. Hold off and the prices would probably drop $49.99 at Wal-Mart :D.

19. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Well, I get both sides of the desire lol. People want something "special". To be in a club.

Others just want the very best sound quality possible for all to enjoy.

Me, I wish theyd just put the mastering out for hq download and I could not have to deal with wooden shelves stacked with cardboard and plastic. And we could all enjoy the improvement of sound to our favorite albums.

But really, people mostly just collect these as trophies. Maybe dig them out with white gloves once every couple of months. Carefully play a side and then set the shiney box back on the holy place :D

I bet I enjoy my usb of the entire Dylan 18cd Cutting Edge with live bonus stuff from '65 just as much as the fella who has the giant $600.00 big blue box that he has to wrangle down and carefully open to enjoy. Or most likely he will burn the cds and never take the box down again. Every once in awhile lovingly or lustfully lol gazing up at the trophy on the top shelf.

And Im not immune to this. We all have our trophies.

Then again if something sounds like poop it doesnt matter if there is one or one million.

Lets just hope that what is special, in this case, is the sound quality. In the end, thats what it should be about whatever ones thing is. I want Bob to sound like he is telling me his stories more clearly and more real than ever.

DavidD, mikeyt, lightbulb and 4 others like this.
  20. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I collect oddities and one of a kind things. My home is like some weird ****ed up museum. When people come over for the first time, they can’t stop looking around and asking questions. That’s fun for me. The best compliment people give me is that they can tell that I live in that house. What makes this home odd is the rarity of the weird **** inside.
    On the other hand, my record collection gets listened to. A lot. I don’t collect records to keep them sealed or care about their monetary value. I care about music and the presentation and the artwork. I didn’t buy the “big blue” set to lord it over people. I bought it to listen to while I sit on my couch drinking whiskey and hanging out with my cat.
    I ordered this set because it’s one of my favorite albums. My system isn’t audiophile by any means, but it’s gonna sound great.

A6mzero, kronning, lightbulb and 5 others like this.
  21. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

I'm wondering if the speed issues on the original Blood On the Tracks
    will be corrected on the MoFi 1-step. Does anybody know?

22. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I hope not. IMO the album should be true to what was released in 1975.

Chemguy likes this.
  23. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

Is it available direct in the U.K. rather than shipping from the U.S.A.?

Richard

24. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

ordered from mofi this morning

25. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

anyone know if this is at the correct speed?