Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

No you don’t. :laugh:

2. JuhaS

JuhaS Senior Member

Catfish? Rita Mae? Stop Now? Trouble In Mind???

HominyRhodes likes this.
  3. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

:-popcorn:

Mr. Explorer, IronWaffle and Mbd77 like this.
  4. My Echo My Shadow And Me

My Echo My Shadow And Me Forum Resident

The "New Yerk Sessions" CD includes the test pressing only (no additional takes). So your remark could mean two things. Either the unreleased takes on the test pressing are not (all) included with BS 14, or BS 14 does not include a recreation of the test pressing (same sequence, same mixes) ...

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  5. Mbd77

Mbd77 Collect ‘Em All!

The latter. In either the 6cd or 1cd form, at least not as we know it from the 1974 acetate(s)/New York Sessions bootleg.

BTW, I really have nothing more to add to this thread at the moment so I’m out until the official announcement. See you later. :wave:

6. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Which will be...???

IronWaffle likes this.
  7. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

:agree: We won't name him here; he knows who he is and he'd probably disagree with you...

Mr. Explorer and HominyRhodes like this.
  8. First time I have ever posted in this forum. Perhaps Dylan wrote an embryo of Blind Willie much earlier then we had previously believed.

JManPro and Lars1966 like this.
  9. Percy Song

Let's hope it's very soon so we can dissect the track list for the next six weeks or so! Meanwhile, I've been making room in my Blood Bank for a 6 CD box set, a single CD and a double LP.

[​IMG]

#

10. mightyquinn61

mightyquinn61 Forum Resident

Nice collection! The hard part is finding room for it all.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. Jack

Jack Senior Member

No vinyl Side Tracks?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  12. slane

slane Forum Resident

My 'on paper' picks for a 1CD version (from the little I know at present):

Tangled Up In Blue (Test Pressing)
    Simple Twist Of Fate (take with Deliverance)
    You're A Big Girl Now (take with Deliverance)
    Idiot Wind (Test Pressing)
    You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome (the 'slow version')
    Meet Me In The Morning (the version issued as a B-side)
    Jack Of Hearts (Test Pressing)
    If You See Her Say Hello (Test Pressing)
    Shelter From The Storm (take with the extra instruments in the mix)
    Buckets Of Rain (the complete take - and only song - from the 18th)
    Up To Me (the single take done on the 16th, or a different take from the 19th)
    Call Letter Blues (the other take from the 16th)
    Unidentified Song/'Blues' (the mystery tracks...)

13. Percy Song

I'd buy it!

I'd posit that it would be highly unlikely that the mysterious, potential surprises, "?" or "Blues" from the 17th, would be featured on the single CD. If they are as special as @Mbd77 suggested earlier then surely they'll be only on the 6CD box to encourage sales of that.

slane likes this.
  14. Percy Song

Oh, my! Look at this! "Paperwork"!

[​IMG]

"Here was the very place – rebranded, but intact – where Dylan had recorded every official artifact between November 20th, 1961 (Bob Dylan) and January 25th, 1966 (‘One Of Us Must Know’). The sense of historical synergy was not lost on the one reporter diligent enough to reconstruct these sessions in real time. Larry Sloman’s description in his November Rolling Stone piece set the scene perfectly: ‘It looked like old times at Columbia’s A & R Studio September 16th. John Hammond Snr. was there. Phil Ramone was working the board. Eric Weissberg and Barry Kornfeld, two old Gaslight regulars, were unpacking their guitars. And sitting out in the cavernous studio … practically hidden behind a battery of six microphones, Bob Dylan was creating another album. And it was almost as if Dylan were consciously conjuring up the ambience of the early sixties.’"

Blood on the Tracks New York Sessions | 16 September 1974

#

15. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

… and tape was being saved while history was being destroyed, as the engineer rolled over the first(?) "band" take of "You're a Big Girl Now". :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  16. slane

slane Forum Resident

It's Reel 8 though, so (hopefully) other takes were at the end of Reel 7 :)

IronWaffle likes this.
  17. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Yes, I should amend my post. It wasn't the first take (there were already 3 takes in the can - all solo? - hence the "w/band"?)

Looks like Reel 7 was all "Idiot Wind", all the time. But we shall see.

Mr. Explorer, IronWaffle and slane like this.
  18. I know, right?! I wish Al Gore would have been content with Isis fanzine being delivered too. All this for nothing . . .

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  19. appearcomposed

appearcomposed Forum Resident

This is a roller coaster ride. I was super excited, then just sort of excited, but now I'm super excited again.

Bring on the announcement!!!

JL6161 likes this.
  20. I agree. He is certainly more knowledgeable about Bob Dylan than most who speculate and claim to know. That said, he can be a little much at times, but the unrelenting bashing is unwarranted. He’s not complete fraud like Geoffrey Giuliano.

21. I know Biography and BL Series Vol 1-3 was originally released in the big boxes on CD which I have, and then remastered in the small slip cases (which I have too with one of them having an incorrect version of a song, I don’t recall what it is at the moment. I think that was on the BL Series). But I see in your picture another book style box of each. What is that?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. shadow blaster

shadow blaster Forum Resident

Most likely this coming week, Wednesday or Thursday....
    It says: "We’ve chosen the New York ‘Test Pressing’ version of Blood on the Tracks as Clinton’s monograph is focused on the New York sessions."

Further proof, probably, that the box set only covers the NY sessions. Bummer. Maybe they won't even include the five master tracks from Sound 80?

HominyRhodes likes this.
  23. Percy Song

I buy LPs if there is something unique about them. I don't think that's the case with Sidetracks; it was an RSD thing after the Complete Collection box came out, was it not?

I think you mean "Mixed-Up Confusion" on "Biograph", although there is another "Biograph" release which has the unfaded version of "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight", too.

The book-style "Biograph and "BS 1-3" sets are the latest reissues. Irresistible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#

24. Percy Song

Yes, with the announcement of the monograph I think any hope we have for the Sound 80 sessions to be included is fading fast. However, the sub-title of the monograph is "The Making and Unmaking of Bob Dylan's Masterpiece" so Clinton is likely to at least address what he sees as the "unmaking" of BOTT in Minneapolis. I suppose you could could say we don't really need the five familiar Sound 80 songs to be on the set in any case, unless Steve Addabbo is going to reconstruct the mixes or present them as stems or something, like that Rock Band 2 presentation of "Tangled Up In Blue".

Maybe it is better to present the box as only the New York Sessions, thus immediately giving us unrealistic expectations that we can do all this again next year in advance of a 2 CD set of Minneapolis Sessions! :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  25. capt.co

capt.co Forum Resident

so who's trumpet is he blowing then...?

ExHead and PADYBU like this.